Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

DMC 5 Special edition PS5 load in 4 seconds or less against 24 seconds on PS4

F89mFHC.gif

From a youtube video of a japanese streamer

This is faster than PC version with a SSD. Good optimization 3 to 4 seconds depending of the mission.
It's a good game for those that haven't played it.
Great speed up here. Nice to see games moving in this direction. I'm surprised we lasted 7 years with load times in the minutes

SSD NVme but this is the special edition optimized for PS5. Here for example the mission 13 load in 10/11 seconds. From 5:36 to 5:46/47.

But this not Backward compatibility, the optimized version for PS5 with loading 3 to 4 seconds depending of the level.
whre is info about ssd used in this pc setup ?

thats twice as fast as the PS5 version :p
It's about the same in my estimation. There may be some variance between when to start timing exactly, but for all intents and purposes they're equal.

RE Engine Capcom games load extremely quick on PC. The Resident Evil games are super fast as well. Worth noting I also have a 12 core Ryzen 3900X, so perhaps that's also improving my times a bit?

I regrouped PS5/PS4/PC/One X comparison loading comparison here : ( sorry haven't used your footage Remij , edited too late)

Last edited:
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB

Video of my times:

One of the biggest determining factors of SSD loading speeds between consoles and PCs will be the quality (and sample size) of the assets that are being loading in and the amount of VRAM/SR available and allocated to these assets. The lower the asset quality/size and VRAM/SR footprint, the faster decompression becomes, the quicker the load times becomes on entering the game.

One day, once there are more PS5/XBSX titles, I will create a thread solely on SSD game comparison load speeds between all platforms, including PC.

Last edited:
Yeah we would need real comparisons with same settings, including graphical settings, resolution and loaded level.

Yeah we would need real comparisons with same settings, including graphical settings, resolution and loaded level.
I've got the settings maxed out at 4K in my video. Should be about as close as you can get on PC to what the PS5 graphical settings will be (minus RT of course)

But now I'm kind of interested in seeing what the load times would be if I set visual quality to it's lowest. Maybe I'll quickly test that out and see if there's much of a difference.

So I tested and they're about the same. Highest settings vs Lowest. No real difference between them.

Anyway, I think the more interesting comparisons will be between the Series X/S and PS5 versions. I'm also quite curious in seeing how the PS4 version running through BC on the PS5 compares to the PS5 edition natively.

My PC loads in essentially the exact same amount of time. I tested both Mission 2 and Mission 13.

NVMe Gen 3 btw.

Mission 2 = 4.5sec
Mission 3 = 3.2sec

Very nice upgrade for console gamers though!
I wonder if Sony's spending on SSD was a waste.
Maybe there wasnt much done in terms of optimization because it would have been unnecessary?
Whats the point between 1 second and 3 seconds?
The benefits of the PS5 SSD is probably not found in standard loading times but games optimized to stream data very fast during gameplay.
We will see. Rachet and Clank is probably one of these games and I wonder if it is possible on a PC currently.

Question: did the PS5 tear down video confirm that Sony did not upgrade the speed of the RAM? Do we know whether any clock speeds were increased last minute?

I wonder if Sony's spending on SSD was a waste.
Maybe there wasnt much done in terms of optimization because it would have been unnecessary?
Whats the point between 1 second and 3 seconds?
The benefits of the PS5 SSD is probably not found in standard loading times but games optimized to stream data very fast during gameplay.
We will see. Rachet and Clank is probably one of these games and I wonder if it is possible on a PC currently.

Anything that's going to be game changing in terms of XBSX GPU advantage and PS5 SSD/IO advantage will more than likely come from first-party titles or long-term exclusives, not multiplatform titles. I expect the vast majority of third-party multiplatform titles to be parity driven.

Back