DriveClub by Evolution Studios [PS4]

Isn't DriveClub very redundant with Gran Turismo? Honest question, I'm not big on car racing simulators.

I think Evolution Studios had their own market with Motorstorm, but once they went with Driveclub I think they started to overlap with Polyphony a bit.
Also, I think they probably had already been axed as soon as DriveClub launched. That game was supposed to be a launch title for the PS4 but they delayed it by a full year, only for the game to get a lukewarm reception.

That said, what happens to the people who got the game on their Plus collection? Surely they can't just pretend it was never there.

Despite both of them are car games, they're very different.

GT is like forza, while Driveclub is like halfway between forza and forza horizon.

I also suspect car licenses to be an issue here. Yeah it was a lovely game, though in VR I got too nauseous.

I don't think homebrew overclocking on PS4 is possible yet. The PS3 only recently got the ability to OC the RSX.

I've tried reducing the resolution to 1440×900 to see what the performance is like with the 60fps patch, but the image is messed up. It has black bars on the right hand side and bottom.

The game supports ultrawide aspects:

21:9
driveclub111jz3.jpg

32:9
dc3220yj8u.jpg

Reactions: snc
I remember when this game looked crazy bonkers good. Highlight reel after reel. But slow and steady progress in graphics for a variety of games has truly left this game behind. Critically amazing for the time, but you can see the age now heavily.

I remember when this game looked crazy bonkers good. Highlight reel after reel. But slow and steady progress in graphics for a variety of games has truly left this game behind. Critically amazing for the time, but you can see the age now heavily.
but funny that rain effects (visual aspect only) still unmatch so many years later ;d

Last edited:
Oh I m pretty sure a 60fps patch and RT support would have brought it pretty close still. The tech behind the weather effects has been reached only by few games and that still has a question mark. There are crazy details that arent durectly visible. I remember reading about them and I was impressed by the lengths they went to implement unnecessary details

Oh I m pretty sure a 60fps patch and RT support would have brought it pretty close still. The tech behind the weather effects has been reached only by few games and that still has a question mark. There are crazy details that arent durectly visible. I remember reading about them and I was impressed by the lengths they went to implement unnecessary details
imo 4k 60fps and even rt relfections is not enough but still as many I think is was one of biggest sony mistake to close evo studio in previous generation (tough imo they makes more mistakes this generation ;d)

In motion it remains one of the most graphically impressive things I’ve ever seen. On top of that it’s also the best racing game ever in my opinion. Happy birthday DC!

Back