What franchises do you feel have been forgotten about?

Since we don't know when another FIght Night is coming out, I'd love another Ippo Game.
Nintendo has forgotten about F-Zero except to make Captain Falcon fight in Smash Brothers.
No Splinter Cell makes me sad, Sam Fisher hangs on my wall in the mancave, loved those games.
Splashdown games on the PS2 were amazing as well. Too bad no one makes games like that anymore.

I was thinking. KOTOR and KOTOR2 Remakes would be welcome. :)
If they ever pick up the Knights of the Old Republic storyline from the beginning, I'd rather have them doing it on a proper movie trilogy.

Bioware's/Obsidian's KOTORs are fine as they are. A KOTOR 3 would be nice, but SW:TOR threw a wrench into the idea of a direct sequel to KOTOR 2.

If they ever pick up the Knights of the Old Republic storyline from the beginning, I'd rather have them doing it on a proper movie trilogy.

Bioware's/Obsidian's KOTORs are fine as they are. A KOTOR 3 would be nice, but SW:TOR threw a wrench into the idea of a direct sequel to KOTOR 2.
I don't know. If KOTOR and KOTOR 2 could get the same love as Demon's Souls did, I think it could look fantastic and play great too. I really wouldn't mind a remake.

I would say KOTOR and Mass Effect. No I do not count "Andromeda" or "SW:TOR" anymore than people count "The Crow 2" or "Aliens vs. Predator" as proper sequels. A remastered original trilogy, the rumored, would be nice, but then I would have to give money to EA. That isn't going to happen. If there is something in the game industry's relatively recent past I could change, EA buying Bioware would be near the top of the list. At this point, I am just waiting for EA to deliver the coup de grace. So sad what has happened to Bioware.

And just to be snarky. Lode Runner. On the not snark side: Crimson Skies.

I really enjoyed the Red Baron flight sim games by Dynamix. I would love that as a Remake. A classic WWI flight sim.I think there might have been other similar games, but none that I have seen came close to Red Baron and Red Baron 2.

Il Sturmovik series was great as a WWII flight sim.

For consoles?

Crimson Skies.
Starcraft Ghosts - oh wait this never got made despite being the reason I got an original Xbox. :(

On PC, too many to count, but I'll list a couple.

Interstate 76 - best driving game ever made. Period. :p
No-one Lives Forever. - best FPS game ever made. Period. :D

Regards,
SB

I really enjoyed the Red Baron flight sim games by Dynamix. I would love that as a Remake. A classic WWI flight sim.I think there might have been other similar games, but none that I have seen came close to Red Baron and Red Baron 2.

Il Sturmovik series was great as a WWII flight sim.

What about more modern non-flight sim games like Afterburner, Strike Commander or maybe even Robotech Battlecry? We got Top Gun Maverick supposedly coming out next summer. It would be nice to get back into a jet fighter game.

Tommy McClain

James Bond 007
Virtua Fighter
Syphon Filter
SoulCaliber
Left 4 Dead
Command and Conquer
Homeworld

Last edited:
What about more modern non-flight sim games like Afterburner, Strike Commander or maybe even Robotech Battlecry? We got Top Gun Maverick supposedly coming out next summer. It would be nice to get back into a jet fighter game.

Tommy McClain
AFAIK, there's DCS for the modern flight sim which is pretty detailed.

A good flight sim about WWI and seeing the Red Baron triplane, see wonderful detail on the land below, physically dropping bombs at a fight below, the terrain changing from wonderful country side to black war fought terrain that's in full detail. Hearing the engine of the plane start and change when in flight as you dogfight one, two, three enemy planes. The firing of the machine guns and the ocassional bullet getting stuck and not firing and you having to jump up and cock it.

Man, the amount of things a developer could make in the game could be astonishing.

Last edited:
On console you're limited, but you could always try World of Warplanes or Warplanes: WW1 Sky Aces for PCs(Win10 Store & Steam).

Wished that was on Xbox. There is a new Xbox game coming Tuesday called Red Wings: Aces of the Sky. It's cell-shaded & the trailer is really corny though...

Looks like it's been on Switch since May. Reviews weren't great.

Tommy McClain

Metal Gear Solid is dead too, along with other Konami franchises. Ports don't really count. I'm not hoping Silent Hill returns again soon, but Dusk Golem retired as an insider.

Back