Nvidia DLSS 1 and 2 antialiasing discussion *spawn*

Ultra performance mode kind of sucks. It’s neat that it works at all but kind of a novelty.
Looks good to me, don't forget, we are talking about huge DPI displays for this mode.
I doubt it would be easy to spot some missing texture details at usual 1.5 meter distance with 8K TV.
Also, Death Stranding should work just well at 60+ FPS with DLSS Performance in 8K, the same goes for Youngblood without RT.
Both games have huge texel density and should benefit a lot from 8K.

It's even harder to ascertain which titles are actually using the tensor cores, as there were some DLSS implementations that didn't use ML inference at all, it was just a post-processing filtering based on machine learning.
There used to be one title which fitted that description: Control, now it works with DLSS 2. So no there is none right now.

Titles with DLSS 2 support:
Fortnite
Control
MechWarrior 5
Wolfestein Youngblood
Death Stranding
Bright Memory
Deliver Us The Moon
MineCraft

F1 2020 too, upcoming titles - Cyberpunk 2077, Watch Dogs: Legion, Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War
So there are more than 12 games till the end of the year or a game per month.

F1 2020 and Minecraft RTX too, upcoming titles - Cyberpunk 2077, Watch Dogs: Legion, Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War
So there are more than 12 games till the end of the year or a game per month.

I think adoption of DLSS 1.0 was poor because it sucked. DLSS 2.0 is still fairly new, so you're just starting to see adoption pick up. It's probably not trivial to add it to a game that's already released, so it'll mostly show up in stuff that was still under development when 2.0 was released.

Also asychronous DLSS is coming which should make it even faster. I think the wolfenstein youngblood beta that reviewers had access to is the only implementation. Hopefully this new titles will support asynchronous.

I honestly think that the DLSS 2.0 8k Ultraperformance in Control is bugged in some way. The same mode in Death Stranding looks much better. I was certainly expecting much better than what was shown with Control. I certainly expect that DLSS will iimprove with time, though I am not sure how much can be gained without throwing more compute at it. I train a lot of segmentation DL models for work, so this is a lot of fun to follow.

I honestly think that the DLSS 2.0 8k Ultraperformance in Control is bugged in some way. The same mode in Death Stranding looks much better. I was certainly expecting much better than what was shown with Control. I certainly expect that DLSS will iimprove with time, though I am not sure how much can be gained without throwing more compute at it. I train a lot of segmentation DL models for work, so this is a lot of fun to follow.
Yeah I'm wondering that as well, I wasn't expecting it to look native 8k but that's surprisingly poor.

Edit: Bear in mind Control is using RTX, so the native res affects how many rays are being cast as Alex mentioned, that could also be the reason. Unfortunately using RTX is exactly where you want to use DLSS.

Yeah I'm wondering that as well, I wasn't expecting it to look native 8k but that's surprisingly poor.

Edit: Bear in mind Control is using RTX, so the native res affects how many rays are being cast as Alex mentioned, that could also be the reason. Unfortunately using RTX is exactly where you want to use DLSS.

I kind of wonder why they settled on a 9x resolution scale when performance mode was only 4x. Maybe something like 6x or 7x would have had better results.

I kind of wonder why they settled on a 9x resolution scale when performance mode was only 4x. Maybe something like 6x or 7x would have had better results.

2x2 then 3x3.

How would you do the other scaling, 2x3 or 3x2? I wouldn't think they'd want to go for fractional upscaling.

To clarify on the UE4 thing:

It is not integrated into main branch UE4. You have to request a separate branch access from Nvidia, then if you get approved they'll allow you to get it.

The interesting thing to me is that UE4 4.26 has a "Next Gen TAA" in experimental phase. Since you can test the exact same scene between the two it'd be interesting to see a head to head between that and DLSS.

Because it's likely the only reasonable way to hit that all important 8K number from a low enough base resolution to where DLSS is still effective enough to be marketable.

Because it's likely the only reasonable way to hit that all important 8K number from a low enough base resolution to where DLSS is still effective enough to be marketable.

Probably, but with that quality I'd say it's not really doing a suitable job for 8k anyway.

Back