Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

I'm guessing Sony is stalling on giving DF a PS5 with the possibility of leaks of how much better Series X is for way more games through b/c.
A barrage of DF tests comparing current gen games in favor of Series X.

With all due respect to DF, but Sony have plan they are executing. Giving a box to DF this long before launch was not part of it.
And even if they gave boxes to DF they could easily stipulate that they could not release any comparisons before the launchdate.
Its most likely not a part of the plan for whatever reason they have.

I think DF are sulking, no offence but they’ve not even covered the tear-down, if this was XSX they’d have a video up in no time.

As was mentioned in the DF live stream (which happened mere hours after the surprise release of the PS5 teardown), Rich said he is in the middle of a video about XSX and was wondering if he should finish it or switch to the PS5 tear down.

There are actual reasons why things happen one way or the other. Not everything is a conspiracy or a trait born of fanboyism. They are shorthanded and working as fast as they can.

PS: Also, this is not neogaf for that kind of nonsense.

Maybe saying that is part of the NDA.

As see colon says they wouldn't even be able to say they didn't have a NDA. They also kept completely quiet about XSS for 6 months so can easily pull it off.

I think it is pretty clear to see over the last ~12-18 months Sony have pulled back from engaging directly with the gaming press while Microsoft have gone the opposite way and bent over backwards engaging with the likes of DF and they seem a little bewildered about it.

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/el...next-gen-progress-carry-over-explanation-news

Another game whose upgrade cannot migrate saves from PS4 to PS5, very notable that only those modes that are online dependent and rely on backend progress tracking (Volta + FUT) can have progression carried between versions
I am defaulting to thinking that is how it is for all games and will just be happily surprised when its not the case for a title.
But that it was a problem for xbox also, was a surprise to me.

Usually if you sign an NDA you can't even disclose that you are or are not under an NDA.

Is that usually how it is? I have never seen one nor signed one that includes that. I work in telecoms and people are paranoid here, but not that paranoid.

Not that. But probably to control the narrative. Letting df do testing with PS5 and comparing directly with Xsx will affect the narrative.

I think the simpler answer is that they’ve decided to hand out hardware at a later date as per their own schedule.

Not really seeing much tit for tat going on between the two, they just seem to have different plans.

Is that usually how it is? I have never seen one nor signed one that includes that. I work in telecoms and people are paranoid here, but not that paranoid.
I know some youtubers who have had to take down social media posts that that made statements like "I can't answer that because I signed an NDA", and have privately told me that they were contacted and told that they weren't allowed to say that because their NDA stated that they couldn't disclose the existence of the NDA, or that they had early access to a title/product before some agreed upon time. Video game NDA's I think are less about protecting trade secrets and more about street dating information and preserving relationships.

Well, assuming their NDA prevents them from even talking about the NDA, then the best option would be to just say nothing at all. The DF guys seemed pretty genuine on their stream and even quite disappointed when they clearly stated that they don't have a PS5. I'd have assumed that they would simply not say that at all? Maybe that's just me.

Back