AMD: Navi Speculation, Rumours and Discussion [2019-2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Borderlands 3 4K Badass 61FPS
CoD Modern Warfare 4K Ultra 88FPS.
Gears of War 5 4K Ultra 73FPS.

How does this compare to what we have now?

BTW this is paired up with the new Ryzen 5950X, but I think at this resolution these results aren't being substantially pumped up by the CPU.

Attachments

• upload_2020-10-8_17-29-30.png
    upload_2020-10-8_17-29-30.png
    336.3 KB · Views: 38
Borderlands 3 4K Badass 61FPS
CoD Modern Warfare 4K Ultra 88FPS.
Gears of War 5 4K Ultra 73FPS.

How does this compare to what we have now?

BTW this is paired up with the new Ryzen 5950X, but I think at this resolution these results aren't being substantially pumped up by the CPU.

Can't find COD numbers on the couple sites I checked but the GOW5 and BL3 results are ~85% of the RTX3080 according to techpowerup.

blands3.png

Borderlands 3: 92% of RTX3080
(Edited, saw min FPS at first)

EDIT2: scratch this comparison, AMD tested Borderlands 3 at Badass, which is above Ultra.

Last edited by a moderator:
Big Navi numbers from the Zen3 event.
Do you think AMD are deliberately tricking the tech media with this preview?

These could be XT numbers and not the XTX. I mean, AMD would've known that people would do the napkin math to make comparisons with these numbers, and realising that they fall just shy of the RTX 3080.

Anandtech sure seems to be suggesting this isn't their flagship.

If this is indeed using a meager 256bit GDDR6 and they price it according to bill-of-materials instead of performance parity with the RTX3080, it's certainly going to throw a wrench on the current GPU market and nvidia's pricing.
No wonder they pushed the 3070 announcement launch towards the day after October 29th.

Edit: a word.

Last edited by a moderator:
So... do we think AMD (a) presented a conservative set of workloads so as to maintain an element of surprise for the 28th or (b) put their best foot forward to try and stall some 3080 sales?

Looking good if it's priced like RTX3070 (which is my budget, not saying it shouldn't be priced like RTX3080...).

Yes it looks to be comfortably faster than the 2080Ti (and thus the 3070) and if it sports 16GB VRAM then it would be a steal at 3070 prices.

Do you think AMD are deliberately tricking the tech media with this preview?

These could be XT numbers and not the XTX. I mean, AMD would've known that people would do the napkin math to make comparisons with these numbers, and realising that they fall just shy of the RTX 3080.

Definitely possible. Would be pretty cool if so.

Here's a couple of comparison benchmarks I pulled up:

CoD MW 4K @101fps:

https://wccftech.com/review/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-10-gb-ampere-graphics-card-review/13/

GoW 4k @84.4fps:

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-founders-edition/20.html

GoW 4k @81.4fps:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2020-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-review?page=3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back