Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

Which is what Jay said. But again as Jay said, Sony should own the narative and it will get some positive results.

Yes but i ment its probably less then 10% that really cares about the hardware specs, other then its 'crazy fast SSD', 'next gen GPU' etc. Average joe has seen ratchet, demon souls graphics etc, and go after that instead of specs. Unlike on tech forums :p

The average Joe hasn't seen anything other than commercials so far. The average Joe hasn't watched YouTube videos or read online technical articles. You're talking about the average Techhead and Enthusiast. Everyone overestimates what the average Joe active interest in gaming really is.

The average Joe hasn't seen anything other than commercials so far. The average Joe hasn't watched YouTube videos or read online technical articles. You're talking about the average Techhead and Enthusiast. Everyone overestimates what the average Joe active interest in gaming really is.

100%.

Again, totally anecdotal but my partner is someone who has put in several THOUSANDS of hours into Destiny and even more into Destiny 2 - just to name a couple games - he has more platinums than me (and I have quite a few but I’m BUSY hello!) and anyone would put him in the “enthusiast gamer” category. All he does is playing f’king video games. Yet he could not give a fakk about any of the details we discuss on here and that I sometimes try to explain to him.

For him, it goes as far as “cool, it’s quiet, where’s the dog” or “yeah cool, no loading, whatever” but mostly it’s “lol you’re so weird” whenever I freak out about a piece of news that we get every so often.

We really are weirdos and we represent a tiny fraction of the “gaming audience” whatever that is.

Last edited:
100%.

Again, totally anecdotal but my partner is someone who has put in several THOUSANDS of hours into Destiny and even more into Destiny 2 - just to name a couple games, he has more platinums than me (and I have quite a few but I’m BUSY hello!) and anyone would put him in the “enthusiast gamer” category. All he does is playing f’king video games. Yet he could not give a fakk about any of the details we discuss on here and that I sometimes try to explain to him.

For him, it goes as far as “cool, it’s quiet, where’s the dog” or “yeah cool, no loading, whatever” but mostly it’s “lol you’re so weird” whenever I freak out about a piece of news that we get every so often.

We really are weirdos and we represent a tiny fraction of the “gaming audience” whatever that is.

Well atleast he didnt have to go through all the speculation threads and discussions prior to announcements :p It was a fun mess....... ;)

Only thing I found last time I looked was this for Pro

Just to put things into perspective for the people complaining about Sony not having shown the PS5 teardown yet, this video of the PS4 Pro's teardown dates from November 11th. That's 4 days before the console was released in North America.

The problem I have with Paul is his leaks are everything and nothing! It might be that he has reported something real though. Guess we will learn if it's true or not. But his leaks cover a wide range and sometimes something sticks.
not-RGT presents and discusses pretty much all leaks that come around, but they also have their own, very trustworthy sources. They showed Vega 7's pictures two weeks before the card was announced, and last week they showed live pictures of two different RDNA2 cards, supposedly Navi 21 and Navi 22. The only other outlet to show pictures from the same cards was Jay2Cents IIRC. They've also been mentioning."Infinity Cache" for RDNA2 to compensate for a narrow 256bit bus on Navi 21 for about a month now, which we now know it's real and it seems to be larger amounts of L1 cache together with some form of L1 coherency among the CUs.

The "think PS Vita" statement, when asked why there's apparently some form of stacked memory in the patent figure, was given to not-RGT by what seems to be "a good source". He's apparently not as confident of this as he was with the Infinity Cache feature though.

Pause his game take him to the screen and say look at that line doesn't look nice does it, bad AA.
See that reflection, not actually showing what's not on screen.
Now let me show you on other console.....

That should get rid of you for few months, while you recover in hospital.

That actually made me LOL cause this has happened in the past and all I get is side eye. What I wouldn’t do to be as clueless as him, life would be so much easier.

Just to put things into perspective for the people complaining about Sony not having shown the PS5 teardown yet, this video of the PS4 Pro's teardown dates from November 11th. That's 4 days before the console was released in North America.
I see nothing in there with regards to system GPU/CPU specs, which is want most poeple like us care about. I seem to remember that most Xbox fans believed the Xbox had better specs than the PS4, and I would say most people were believing that. It was a huge surprise when it was eventually revealed that the PS4 was actually mush better than the Xbox and that it could do Native 1080p while the Xbox One would generally drop to 720p or 900p etc. I remember Xbox then had to compensate by dropping Kenetic and freeing up CPU power as well as bumping up the GPU speed.

not-RGT presents and discusses pretty much all leaks that come around, but they also have their own, very trustworthy sources.

Oh I know, I have been watching his videos for years already. However as I say, I stick to it, he presents a lot of misinformation(most likely due to Nvidia or AMD leaking such info). While I do appreciate any news that comes out, I get frustrated when one week he will say one thing, then the following week(or even day) say another, then 2 weeks later say another or repeat the same info from from the first week.

It reminds me of the quote, "Throw some mud(or shit) on the roof and some of it is bound to stick.

I prefer Jim from AdoredTV in that regard, he makes sure of what news he gets and tries to explain it. Paul's understanding is much lower although it has improved through the years but he can't break down things and explain things like Jim can.

I do like his developer interviews though, but sometimes it's a bit cringey.

The things some people will do... :rolleyes:

https://www.androidcentral.com/sony-faces-new-ps5-setback-india-it-doesnt-own-trademark

Sony faces new PS5 setback in India — it doesn't own the PS5 trademark
In a bizarre turn of events, Sony doesn't have the rights to the PS5 name in India.

As revealed by The Mako Reactor, the trademark for the PS5 name in India was filed on October 29, 2019 by Hitesh Aswani of Delhi, three months before Sony got around to doing the same. The filing is currently in a contested state and shows as Opposed, and while Sony should win the trademark eventually, it adds another layer of hassle at a time when it cannot afford one.

Interestingly, this isn't the first time a major brand had to deal with trademark issues in India. ASUS lost out on the ZenFone naming rights last year after a local brand took the Taiwanese manufacturer to court for infringing on its existing Zen Mobile trademark. As a result, the ZenFone 6 was launched as the ASUS 6z in India.

Sony doesn't have that particular problem as the PS5 filing was done by an individual, and Sony can easily prove that it has prior claim to the moniker. But the delay in securing the name will push back the release of the PS5 in India, and it doesn't look like we'll get to know pricing or availability information anytime soon.

Good, now they can ship those consoles that were meant for India to where I live.
Still not sure if I'll be able to get mine on launch or even this year, as I f*cked up my preorder that I'd already made in early summer.

The reason I trust RGT and his videos is because he is 100% upfront about his feeling for the sources of the information he receives and is not afraid to bluntly say “take this with a heaping grain of salt” when he’s unsure if the info is accurate. But yes, he has reported many things that have become true, including his leak that the reason Sony waited until mass production begun to show the PS5 console is because the design was so unique that they wanted to prove to shareholders that in fact the box could be mass produced.

unfortunately there's no PS4 AUX TO USB converter in the box.

so bye bye PSVR

They said this:

Is the PlayStation Camera for PS4 compatible with PS5?

Yes, PlayStation Camera will work with PS5 for playing supported PS VR games. It will require a PlayStation Camera adaptor that will be provided at no additional cost to PS VR users. More details on how to get the adaptor will be announced at a later date.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/0...ns-on-compatible-ps4-peripherals-accessories/

Yeah I remembered that. Hopefully that won’t take too long as I am pretty interested to see games making the most of the current relatively low res screen running all current PSVR games at 120fps.

Back