Microsoft Project xCloud (Game Streaming), now offering Fortnite free without GPU membership

they just added tell me why , killer instinct , super luckys tale , bloodstained , undermine , indivisable , dead cells and slay the spire to internal touch enabled games

Hope they come to live soon. Tell me Why and maybe Undermine seem like good titles for touch/streaming. Dead cells though? I can't even manage that locally with a controller. :)

It works great on a surface pro

How d o you get it run under windows?

I'm planning to use my switch android or memu android emulator.

Because I just tried minecraft dungeons, from unsupported region, it works ridiculously good! The lag is on par with PS4 pro remote play.

Magic

xCloud could be coming to Apple via browser like Amazon Luna....

Microsoft's gaming boss Phil Spencer told employees at an all-hands meeting on Wednesday the company is planning to bring Game Pass to Apple's iPhone and iPad, targeting 2021 for the potential release of a "direct browser-based solution," Business Insider has learned.

"We absolutely will end up on iOS," Spencer told employees, according to two people with direct knowledge of his comments. Microsoft did not comment at the time of publication.

https://www.businessinsider.com/microsoft-xbox-game-pass-apple-iphone-ipad-2020-10

Tommy McClain

Because I just tried minecraft dungeons, from unsupported region, it works ridiculously good! The lag is on par with PS4 pro remote play.

Magic
scratch that.

Memu and Nox doesnt work with game pass app. instant crash on startup.

Switch Android works with gamepass xcloud.

scratch that.

Memu and Nox doesnt work with game pass app. instant crash on startup.

Switch Android works with gamepass xcloud.

I used BlueStacks and that works for me. I had a coupe of odd crashes when logging in for the first time to Gamepass but then was ok. The picture's not amazing on my 24 inch monitor but it's a relatively lag free experience. It's a nice way to have a quick poot around with something until the native PC client arrives.

Last edited:

Magic

internal testing only right now

Maybe for people in extremely rural areas? I don't see a satellite connection being better than local data centers connected by fibre.

Maybe for people in extremely rural areas? I don't see a satellite connection being better than local data centers connected by fibre.

SpaceX has a footprint/bandwith challenge in people dense areas, by which I mean that it bandwidth is not large enough for big cities with a lot of people. So how I understand it they are focusing on rural and niche applications and not 5M in NYC.

I don't think it will have too many problems with xCloud. Remember this is still early days. There's only 800+ in orbit of the 12,000 satellites they are approved for by the FCC. They want to get to
30,000 for global coverage.

Tice also said the latency speeds have been “low enough to play the fastest online video games, and our download speed is fast enough to stream multiple HD movies at once and still have bandwidth to spare.”

https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/3/2...te-constellation-download-speeds-space-lasers

Found a list of confirmed speed tests on Reddit...

Max Confirmed Speeds:

Tommy McClain

In the article they show a trailer sized mini data centre. With a Starlink connection they can roll them out almost anywhere in the Northern US with the current coverage.

(For anyone still wondering, Starlink's lower latency is due to their satellites being in lower orbits that other providers. It means they need a lot more satellites to always have one in sight of you. In turn, that also helps them provide more bandwidth)

In the article they show a trailer sized mini data centre. With a Starlink connection they can roll them out almost anywhere in the Northern US with the current coverage.

(For anyone still wondering, Starlink's lower latency is due to their satellites being in lower orbits that other providers. It means they need a lot more satellites to always have one in sight of you. In turn, that also helps them provide more bandwidth)
Lower than other satellites, sure. Lower than my fibre? Nope.

Lower than other satellites, sure. Lower than my fibre? Nope.

Probably not, but it depends on where you're connecting to. For some international and south/north routes lasers in space will actually be faster. Obviously doesn't apply to xCloud though.

For rural users, a round-trip via Starlink to an Azure trailer may be the lowest latency xCloud option.

Back