Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

Just looking at the fan there, looks like the plastic is keeping a minimal amount of space for air to breath in there. Not really sure if that fan is intake or exhaust however.
Apparently it's taking air from the top and front (when PS5 is vertical) and pushing hot air from the back. So what we see should be an intake fan. But we have 2 identical air intake part on each sides. So they either do it for the symmetry or PS5 uses 2 fans or they made one big fan that can suck air from both sides. :runaway:

or they made one big fan that can suck air from both sides.
just imo, I don't think a fan can be designed to suck in from both sides ;) I'd love to be proven wrong though, but my understanding of fin design is that one side is sucking in the air and forcing it out. So to suck on both sides with the same fan would be... I can't imagine how that would work.

just imo, I don't think a fan can be designed to suck in from both sides ;) I'd love to be proven wrong though, but my understanding of fin design is that one side is sucking in the air and forcing it out. So to suck on both sides with the same fan would be... I can't imagine how that would work.
Yes of course, I was kidding. But if there are 2 fans I think they are using one to cool the PSU (maybe with SSD I/O) and the other to cool the APU. The did a similar thing with the devkit (3 small fans for PSU, 3 small fans for APU).

In those leaked photos it seems the white cover plates can come out fairly easy without the need to unscrew anything. The console might be more block-shaped than it seems, with the curves coming mostly from the white covers.
I think the M.2 slot is beneath one of those covers. That way, the SSD can be inserted like we'd do on a motherboard, and not by sliding it in, and that might provide some space for a SSD heatsink.

z6VVpH2.jpg

This also points to the PS5 having exchangeable cover plates, so people who want a color other than white can just change the plate.

So with Horizon Forbidden West and God of War we're looking at 2021.

neither really interested me. I don't actually like god of war. If Sony wants me to buy a console i need a lot of RPGS (more western ones) and strategy games. I'm not so much into the 3rd party narrative game
Looks like eastman is not buy an XBSX lads! Now that's a surprise.

I've been saying it for a long time. You can go back and look at my posts. I think the consoles are a good value for the money esp this time around. But i don't see anything i can't get by simply buying a new video card and as i've said before my computer constantly evolves and will offer far greater experiences

He's being saying that for a while now to be fair.

Sometimes not very obvious as he calls PC xbox also, as from his point of view same ecosystem etc.
They are the same ecosystem and I always try to be upfront that its the pc

Thats what he is saying, but I can read body language through forum posts and he definitely is getting 2x PS5. So he can be 20 again :D
I would but my house isn't big enough for 2 of them :)

I would but my house isn't big enough for 2 of them

Yes jokes about its size aside, its a very good tradeoff to go abit bigger then the competition but have a cool and near silent running box in return. Noise and heat where the PS4's main problems.....

They are the same ecosystem and I always try to be upfront that its the pc
I fully appreciate your views and think you've been pretty clear, hopefully that was apparent.

But I also can see why some may still think you was all in on the xbox console. Regardless of how clear you think /may have been.

Ok, this is a known playbook. PS3 = Get a second job, PS5 = Get a second house, come one, get some cool aid get on the train already....

actually I am trying to get a he shed built. put a kat walk c in there and a couch and just have a place where no one bothers me

He's being saying that for a while now to be fair.

Sometimes not very obvious as he calls PC xbox also, as from his point of view same ecosystem etc.
I've been saying it for a long time. You can go back and look at my posts. I think the consoles are a good value for the money esp this time around. But i don't see anything i can't get by simply buying a new video card and as i've said before my computer constantly evolves and will offer far greater experiences
I wouldn't know because I don't follow you around the forum but I would have bet that you were in the XBox camp with a lot of the comments I have seen. Well now I know.

That said, I am a PC man myself. It's just when the PS4 came out, I joined that and haven't left. And I don't see why I would want to leave now with the PS5 and games I want to play on it.

GG Sony! GG GOG!

Last edited:
My launch PS4 and Pro were incredibly loud (right at the beginning when the machines were new), like in the end I simply avoided playing some games. But the last model of Pro (7200) is much quieter. In many games It's actually quiet, it's very odd :runaway:. Obviously it's more noisy in demanding games, but like twice less than with my previous Pro.

I wouldn't know because I don't follow you around the forum but I would have bet that you were in the XBox camp with a lot of the comments I have seen. Well now I know.

That said, I am a PC man myself. It's just when the PS4 came out, I joined that and haven't left. And I don't see why I would want to leave now with the PS5 and games I want to play on it.

GG Sony! GG GOG!
I never really bought a sony console . My first system was the intellivsion followed by the nes then genesis and from there it was all sega until the dreamcast died. I picked up the original xbox because of shenmue 2 and panzer dragoon. I did own other systems like the gamecube but I would normally get a console later on in its life. But when I was around 8 i started playing games at my uncles on his pc. When i turned 10 he took me to buy all the parts and he built and I helped built a 386 sx 16mhz and i gamed on that for years all the way up till I convinced my parents to get me a pentium 2 with a viva 128. So pc gaming has always been my love. Ultima , wing commander , populus , theme park , civ , fall out , x com and the likes are all my favorite series. The type of games I play the most are games that Sony doesn't really make. Now MS is buying up more RPG and FPS studios so more and more i'm shifting over to being an xbox fan but xbox on pc.

My launch PS4 and Pro were incredibly loud (right at the beginning when the machines were new), like in the end I simply avoided playing some games. But the last model of Pro (7200) is much quieter. In many games It's actually quiet, it's very odd :runaway:. Obviously it's more noisy in demanding games, but like twice less than with my previous Pro.

even on the same process an apu made in year one will run hotter and need more power vs year two.

Yep it was an interesting decision, they could have shaved a cm or two just from those ‘wings’ and it would have appeased some of the fake outrage peeps.

This is gonna be a far flung speculation, the wings and middle gapped design are for future accessories for the user to slap a massive accessory into.

Design never bothered me but it's grown on me, I wish it was a tad smaller but if it's quiet the tradeoff is worth it.

Does anyone know if you have to order that tray to lay the console (with drive) on its side?

Back