Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales [PS4, PS5, PC]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
RTX2060S it is ;)

Is everything a contest with you? We get it, you dislike PS5. I enjoy PC gaming, but I'm not 24/7 shitting on console gaming, or one particular platform in your case. Please just stop, and be more constructive to the conversation.

Is everything a contest with you? We get it, you dislike PS5. I enjoy PC gaming, but I'm not 24/7 shitting on console gaming, or one particular platform in your case. Please just stop, and be more constructive to the conversation.

What is so wrong with a RTX2070 in comparison? Its you that assumes thats a bad performance product? It's what DF thinks, and i think its about right. Shitting on everything that DF or others have to say isnt much better anyway, just because it doesnt fit ones likings.
One thinks the PS5 gpu is better then a 2080 and closing in on 2080S/Ti, i think its closer to a RTX2060S or 2070. Its different opinions, try to live with that, and take your complaints elsewhere instead of going offtopic.

If it is the same IPC than RDNA1, it is a bit better than 2080 in rasterizing performance or maybe better than this if RDNA2 has a little enhancement from RDNA1 but the Raytracing performance is maybe not as good as Turing and maybe here more comparable to a 2060 Super or a 2070. At least in Tflops side, the PS5 will maybe perform under this because of a lack of memory bandwidth.

448 GB/s for the shared CPU and GPU Yikes. This is the weakness of PS5 and the first shock seeing the spec. It reminds me the PS4 Pro, 16 Gbps module and 512 GB/s would have been much better.

After we will have multiplatform games with raytracing and some without raytracing. We will be able to compare at launch the performance.

Yep. Bandwidth is easily the thing I least like about both consoles. Everything else is solid, but not the bandwidth.

I would have much preferred the PS5 to go with 16GB of 16gbps GDDR6, and the XSX to go with 20GB of 14gbps. And then 16GB of 14gbps GDDR6 for the XSS with exactly half the GPU performance of the XSX.

Meh, it is what it is.

Yep. Bandwidth is easily the thing I least like about both consoles. Everything else is solid, but not the bandwidth.

I would have much preferred the PS5 to go with 16GB of 16gbps GDDR6, and the XSX to go with 20GB of 14gbps. And then 16GB of 14gbps GDDR6 for the XSS with exactly half the GPU performance of the XSX.

Meh, it is what it is.
Likely it's just out of reach here. Consoles thrive on price performance, but more importantly those finalized price points have a limit. It does appear they are already both taking losses to keep to their $499 price points.

What is so wrong with a RTX2070 in comparison? Its you that assumes thats a bad performance product? It's what DF thinks, and i think its about right. Shitting on everything that DF or others have to say isnt much better anyway, just because it doesnt fit ones likings.
One thinks the PS5 gpu is better then a 2080 and closing in on 2080S/Ti, i think its closer to a RTX2060S or 2070. Its different opinions, try to live with that, and take your complaints elsewhere instead of going offtopic.

Don't pretend you don't know what you do here. You're not that stupid and neither is everyone else.

But if you're genuinely oblivious to your general tone, I will say that everyone here would benefit from you partaking in some self reflection. 9 times out of 10, when I click on "show ignored posts" I see what you've written and just roll my eyes. There are plenty of other posters on this forum who primarily or exclusively play on PC or XBox, and don't elicit that response. Hence them not being on my tiny ignore list.

Just... come on. We're here to have enjoyable conversations, not constantly jostle.

Likely it's just out of reach here. Consoles thrive on price performance, but more importantly those finalized price points have a limit. It does appear they are already both taking losses to keep to their $499 price points.

Yeah, true. We're already getting RT and SSD's, which is so much more than I was expecting, so I won't whinge... much.

Don't pretend you don't know what you do here. You're not that stupid and neither is everyone else.

But if you're genuinely oblivious to your general tone, I will say that everyone here would benefit from you partaking in some self reflection. 9 times out of 10, when I click on "show ignored posts" I see what you've written and just roll my eyes. There are plenty of other posters on this forum who primarily or exclusively play on PC or XBox, and don't elicit that response. Hence them not being on my tiny ignore list.

Just... come on. We're here to have enjoyable conversations, not constantly jostle.

Oh but i understand what you mean, its just that im seeing the same postings from (some) PS fans..... Its easy for you to not notice that when a post is not negatively impacting your platform of choice.
Things work counteractive on forums and discussions. NV announces RTX IO, and that resulted in rather many downplaying posts against that. MS announces cross gen, damn what a mess that got, etc. Or the MS buying a large studio, as late as today i see people downplaying that.

Im not saying your doing it, but some do. I understand the problem, but see it from the other side too.
On that, i think a 2070 level performance seems about right, theres no reason for anyone to get offended about that.

Last edited:
Yeah, true. We're already getting RT and SSD's, which is so much more than I was expecting, so I won't whinge... much.
well it's still incredible value. I've opted to pass on the 3080, and pick up the PS5 + XSX at the same price of a 3080.
It's honestly hard to find that type of value.

I think it makes sense to revisit the PC space when things matured with respect to SSD and feature sets. I think it makes sense to dive into console now and take advantage of what's being offered. Mid-gen I'll reassess where PC is in terms of adopting these console features that are now baseline.

Even then, honestly, I think a very small population of PC owners have a setup that can challenge PS5 and XSX today. It can't be that much. The CPU + GPU + NVME is a tough combo to beat in general. Across the board it's competent, and consoles can further extract more performance from low level optimizations/tricks/hardware that can make up from some resource loss on the hardware side of things.

I don't mind that people talk about PC/XSX/PS5 as in it's technical raw numbers that's actually what I enjoy talking about, but if we're getting subjective, it's hard for me to believe someone would be upset for what you get price/performance for either console and launching with Ray Traced games; though I always understand the desire for more. The situation on console is not perfect but it's damn good still and there is some expectation that console developers will find a way to make it work for the hardware if they really need something to work.

I think its closer to a rtx 2070 in that department. A 2070 is close to 10TF in reality.

I dont think the 448gb/s is such a huge problem?

I compare with spec, if you have no chance at lottery it will be less than this. PS5 looks like base spec of 2080 and Xbox Series X is between 2080 Super and 2080 Ti same with base spec.

well it's still incredible value. I've opted to pass on the 3080, and pick up the PS5 + XSX at the same price of a 3080.
It's honestly hard to find that type of value.

I'm on 2080Ti system already, so it will be PS5 + PC again. In your situation yes thats a value much better then going for a single GPU over two complete systems + you get the PS5 exclusives, controllers etc.

I don't mind that people talk about PC/XSX/PS5 as in it's technical raw numbers that's actually what I enjoy talking about, but if we're getting subjective, it's hard for me to believe someone would be upset for what you get price/performance for either console and launching with Ray Traced games; though I always understand the desire for more. The situation on console is not perfect but it's damn good still and there is some expectation that console developers will find a way to make it work for the hardware if they really need something to work.

Exactly this.

I compare with spec, if you have no chance at lottery it will be less than this. PS5 looks like base spec of 2080 and Xbox Series X is between 2080 Super and 2080 Ti same with base spec.

Lottery? :p I seriously hope your right though, as it would up the ante for base level performance for PC gamers, as consoles set the baseline usually. Because, basically, a 2080 is a 2018 product and compared to RTX3000 and RDNA2, in raw numbers, not as impressive anymore as two years ago.
I see PS5 GPU perfoming atleast what a 5700XT does, probably higher then that. Cant wait to do my own comparisons, too bad im on a 2080Ti, will need to find a used 2070/2080 or something.

We will know soon enough i guess, as tech channels like DF will do some side by sides. Also, i assume console games still are optimized better, lifting it above the direct spec to spec equal pc gpu.

And, i think RT performance is the most important somewhere.... I mean, about all PS5 games showed have some form of RT going on, and i doubt going forward that will decrease. Its RT performance is very okay to me so far, GT7, Stray, MM, this magnata game etc.

I'm on 2080Ti system already, so it will be PS5 + PC again. In your situation yes thats a value much better then going for a single GPU over two complete systems + you get the PS5 exclusives, controllers etc.

Exactly this.

Lottery? :p I seriously hope your right though, as it would up the ante for base level performance for PC gamers, as consoles set the baseline usually. Because, basically, a 2080 is a 2018 product and compared to RTX3000 and RDNA2, in raw numbers, not as impressive anymore as two years ago.
I see PS5 GPU perfoming atleast what a 5700XT does, probably higher then that. Cant wait to do my own comparisons, too bad im on a 2080Ti, will need to find a used 2070/2080 or something.

We will know soon enough i guess, as tech channels like DF will do some side by sides. Also, i assume console games still are optimized better, lifting it above the direct spec to spec equal pc gpu.

And, i think RT performance is the most important somewhere.... I mean, about all PS5 games showed have some form of RT going on, and i doubt going forward that will decrease. Its RT performance is very okay to me so far, GT7, Stray, MM, this magnata game etc.

And UE 5 demo doesn't have triangle RT at all. I think we will see GI solution using non triangle RT solution like Voxel, being point based and RT being use for example only on reflections or shadows.

EDIT: And probably the reason Mark Cerny told GI is cheaper than RT shadows or RT reflection. This is the most expensive effect with triangle raytracing.

Screenshot-13.png

Last edited:
I imagine you can use relatively few rays (even a handful!) to improve global / room lighting. So yeah, that should be pretty obvious ...

Oh but i understand what you mean, its just that im seeing the same postings from (some) PS fans..... Its easy for you to not notice that when a post is not negatively impacting your platform of choice.
Things work counteractive on forums and discussions. NV announces RTX IO, and that resulted in rather many downplaying posts against that. MS announces cross gen, damn what a mess that got, etc. Or the MS buying a large studio, as late as today i see people downplaying that.

Im not saying your doing it, but some do. I understand the problem, but see it from the other side too.
On that, i think a 2070 level performance seems about right, theres no reason for anyone to get offended about that.

Fair points. I've certainly noticed it with one or two PlayStation fanboys (who have made their way onto my ignore list.) Reading their posts is like getting sand in my underpants.

Anyway, I won't derail things any more.

xoxoxo

Fair points. I've certainly noticed it with one or two PlayStation fanboys (who have made their way onto my ignore list.) Reading their posts is like getting sand in my underpants.

Anyway, I won't derail things any more.

xoxoxo

Yes, il be less 'aggressive' or come over as anti PS, its only unpleasant and that just because of a few users ;)

He does this on every single thread. It's hard to see any troll post on XB threads, but PS threads are full of them and it's thanks to him and 2 other users.

And UE 5 demo doesn't have triangle RT at all. I think we will see GI solution using non triangle RT solution like Voxel, being point based and RT being use for example only on reflections or shadows.

EDIT: And probably the reason Mark Cerny told GI is cheaper than RT shadows or RT reflection. This is the most expensive effect with triangle raytracing.

Screenshot-13.png
Interestingly RT hardware should be nice for empty space skipping for solutions like in UE5. (Especially on consoles as you should be able to write custom traversal code etc.)
Also I do expect custom intersection methods to be widely used for some very silly things.

One of the 'cheap' ways to use triangle RT for GI is the probe GI methods, as they are resolution and framerate independent etc.

Last edited:
Back