Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

Yes, components that run hot usually have a shorter lifetime, atleast thats what i thinkoff when reading ’toasty’.
Silent and cool are more important to me over size. Also no dust collecting inside and ease of access.
I guess many people will wait for a slim model, even though I see that this first design is getting a lot of love.

Ah ok il try to think of that, not my native language ;)
Not mine, either, and I make lots of mistakes, as well. Think of "than" just for comparisons and "then" just for time. ;)

What the fork? It's high glossy black? All of the previous rendersske it looks like it got matte bumpy/rough finish with a bit glossy paint. Like the black parts on PSVR and on PS5 gamepad.

Not this smooth ultra high gloss thing
I noticed that as well and was just as disappointed. I hate glossy, shiny plastics. I really dislike the design of the PS5, but imo, only the original PS4 of all the playstations had a design that I liked.
They like to have premium looking but ultimately impractical designs on the first gen consoles, like capacitive power button...

Pt0z8FT.png

EjetqkJWkAA96o3

Sexy

And in general man I am looking forward to lack of load-times. It’s been a while since gaming was this user-friendly on the bigger consoles.
Yeah, God of War 2018 was the only game I know that didn't have any load screens(because it was cleverly hidden) while playing the game and Ghost of Tsushima was the only AAA game I played that had load times of 5 secs(98% of the time).

Having 1-2 sec load time when you die will be awesome.

The overall case design aesthetic of PS5 isn't bad; it would have better consumer reception if they can get it to be 50% the overall size.

The overall case design aesthetic of PS5 isn't bad; it would have better consumer reception if they can get it to be 50% the overall size.
I like the case aesthetic as well. The size is just massive which si the issue, and not so much as an aesthetic problem being big, but a fitting problem

Why do they put the usb ports front and center. It's totally going to ruin the aestehtics as soon as someting is plugged in. Even switching the positions of power and eject buttons with the usb ports would be better, best would be if just the port for charging controller is in front, rest at the backside.

I'm also not a huge fan of the super glossy black, in promo pics it looked more like "satin black". Is it even semi transparent like the original PS3 casing...
In some pics it looked like there still was a protective film that had not been yet peeled off, which might make it look more glossy than it really is.

nah bro that thing is ugly as sin.

I am happy to hear that it is quiet. I have long maintained that the size of the original xbox one didn't bother me because it was whisper silent. I hope it can continue through its life. One of the big problems with the ps3, ps4 and ps4 pro is that it would collect dust and would get extremely loud as time went on. I've cleaned out and repasted many of these consoles for family and friends.. It also looks if the leaked picture is true that the fan is really easy to get to to clean out. So thats also a big save

Back