Need for Speed III Hot Pursuit Remastered [XO, PS4, PC, NX]

Cyan

orange
Legend
Supporter
Need_for_Speed_III-_Hot_Pursuit_(Windows)-title.png

Wish I could live this once again, the feeling of playing that game.

One of the best games in history, NFS III Hot Pursuit. Seeing that as a kid on PC at the time was what's called love.

This game was taken away by a friend and never returned to me, a theft. :/ He loved the game too.

Also, I wonder, how could this be ever surpassed?

Wish I could live this once again, the feeling of playing that game.
Why cant you I have it installed
ps: I hope the remake is not made by the same dev who made nfs rivals - the dev that thought what a racing game really needs would be no support for steering wheels.

is there a teaser for a new hot pursuit?:
there was a teaser, yes. 50 minutes!

It includes a video if you click.

https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/need-for-speed/510

Why cant you I have it installed
ps: I hope the remake is not made by the same dev who made nfs rivals - the dev that thought what a racing game really needs would be no support for steering wheels.
now you reminded me that I can download it somewhere. I paid well for the original back in the day so no worries.

Releases on November 6 for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One and November 13 for Nintendo Switch.

I just fired up hp 2010 and it doesnt look any different really although the trailer doesnt show much

xDDDD I meant the video would be shown in 50 minutes or so after I had posted that message.

well, if I can't play it a 165fps, 60fps isn't going to make any difference for me. Being an old game they could easily unlock it.

Easily, if the engine and content had been built robustly from the start, which I'm assuming it not being the case is the reason for the 60fps lock. There is probably a lot of tiny animation/particle/camera code that was stupidly built without a flexible tick-rate that assumes fixed time-stepping because lazy-devs.

finally watched it on 4K on a tv.

1. i still cant see any difference other than resolution difference
  2. the middle video is PC version right? why it runs in such low resolution? o_O

Easily, if the engine and content had been built robustly from the start, which I'm assuming it not being the case is the reason for the 60fps lock. There is probably a lot of tiny animation/particle/camera code that was stupidly built without a flexible tick-rate that assumes fixed time-stepping because lazy-devs.
confession time:
i am one of those lazy devs. its so easy to use tick rate to tie EVERYTHING. RNG? to tick rate, colission? to tick rate. and so on.
despite if making games from the start, i could create other constant thing that is independent from tick rate, and ties everything to that (instead of tick rate)

fortunately im just a small time indie developer where none of my games ever popular enough to brings good money, so you probably have not suffered my creations hahaha

Should be termed Remastered-Lite. The softer shadows and texture updates (e.g., trees, shrubbery, etc.) looks good but, certain textures (e.g., road asphalt, rocks, etc.) looked underwhelming or over-sharpened when compared to the original.

Back