Xbox Series X [XBSX] [Release November 10 2020]

One of the many reviews, can't recall exactly which one, said the first day they had around 300 and then over the weekend they were well over 500 for them to look at. The review also mentioned if there was any game in particular they were interested in using to let Xbox know and they'll get it on the approved list.

Ars said the list was some 1000 games on 2020-09-28:

No, I didn’t get to all 1,000 games, sorry

The answer I eventually got was, "Sure, we'll call your bluff." Today, I've been given the greenlight to talk about the console's current backward-compatibility testing phase, and Microsoft has had zero control of my tests or takeaways—other than limiting me to 1,000 games across every existing Xbox platform. While the program will eventually encompass every game that works on Xbox One consoles, the pre-release compatibility list is a bit more narrow. 1,000 is a big number, but it leaves some huge Xbox hits out of my testing.​
damn... I guess that sounds like a challenge.
hmm... if I was Ars, I would take random samples of each type of game (OG,360,XBO) maybe 10 times of varying batch sizes.
If all of them were solid, that would be enough to conclude that it's highly likely the whole population will be

I know there have been loading times posted for BC games, and I know they can only say and show so much. But I'd love a source to test as many games as they can and post the times, just to do some comparing with my PC and my various drives.

I wonder why a game like CoD needs 150GB for MP and 50GB for the campaign. As lacklustre the campaigns had been they had at least a certain cinematic quality.

You'd have to put alot of energy and money in creating a pc build to get to those sound levels of xsx. In special seeing the size of the consoles.
Disc drives will be the loudest parts i think.

Raw numbers can sometimes be meaningless without knowing what ambient or other tasks measure at. Here's what they measured:
  • Room 18-25db
  • Series X Dashboard: 22-26db
  • Series X Destiny 2: 26-31db
  • Series X Disk Installation: 40-44 db
  • PS4 PRO Dashboard: 58-61db
  • PS4 PRO The Last of Us Part 2: 67-71 db
my fan on my CPU (3900x) stock wraith fan is much louder than this already. I can hear it outside my case even when competing with all my case fans.

Starfield is made by BGS this is ZMO (Elder Scrolls Online) who have nothing to do with Starfield or TESVI.

Will probably be a new MMO

We could really use another EvE Online/Ultima Online type MMO. Sorely missed imo everything has gone much too casual now.

Raw numbers can sometimes be meaningless without knowing what ambient or other tasks measure at. Here's what they measured:
  • Room 18-25db
  • Series X Dashboard: 22-26db
  • Series X Destiny 2: 26-31db
  • Series X Disk Installation: 40-44 db
  • PS4 PRO Dashboard: 58-61db
  • PS4 PRO The Last of Us Part 2: 67-71 db
31db while running games is next to being complete silent! My room “idles” at about 30db.

Also keep in mind that decibel is logarithmic, 60 db has 1000 times the energy level of 30 db.

Back