Godfall (Always Online Required) [PC, PS5, PS4, XO, XBSX|S]

If 2 entities able exchange blows with that amount of power, enough that it can create a shockwave, what are the odds that either of them can survive that amount of drop into the water? I think Macros is stupid. Or Macros actually nice enough to let the other one live.

If 2 entities able exchange blows with that amount of power, enough that it can create a shockwave, what are the odds that either of them can survive that amount of drop into the water? I think Macros is stupid. Or Macros actually nice enough to let the other one live.
Yea to just fall into the ocean doesn't make a lot of sense. But then again, falling from that height into water should be equivalent to falling onto rocks unless there's just no surface tension for some reason.

They showed a lot of gameplay
Oh they have shown gameplay, but most of it was bleh!

PS5 - THE FUTURE OF GAMING SHOW - June - 1 minute
Godfall - Gameplay Walkthrough - Aug - 8 Minutes
Gamescon - Godfall - Aug - 10 minutes (30s snippet also shown during main)
PLAYSTATION 5 SHOWCASE - Sept - 5 secs
Cinematic show - Sept - Looked good.

Actually the only gameplay I have seen that looked really good was 30 sec of gameplay shown during the main Gamescom showcase. The 10min. talk during Gamescom was dull and I wasn't impressed with the gameplay other wise.

Code:
https://youtu.be/oQAulhu_qEY?t=6644 - 30 sec gameplay
https://youtu.be/oQAulhu_qEY?t=13227 - Talk

Last edited:
you'ld think they would fix the blade trails to be perfect curves.
caused by the blades travelling super fast that theres not enuf frames to extrapolate from
My game also suffers from the same problem but thats mainly cause I havent looked into it, Im pretty sure I could fix it in a couple of hours.

Oh they have shown gameplay, but most of it was bleh!

PS5 - THE FUTURE OF GAMING SHOW - June - 1 minute
Godfall - Gameplay Walkthrough - Aug - 8 Minutes
Gamescon - Godfall - Aug - 10 minutes (30s snippet also shown during main)
PLAYSTATION 5 SHOWCASE - Sept - 5 secs
Cinematic show - Sept - Looked good.

Actually the only gameplay I have seen that looked really good was 30 sec of gameplay shown during the main Gamescom showcase. The 10min. talk during Gamescom was dull and I wasn't impressed with the gameplay other wise.

Code:
https://youtu.be/oQAulhu_qEY?t=6644 - 30 sec gameplay
https://youtu.be/oQAulhu_qEY?t=13227 - Talk

I've just finished playing through the re-master of Kingdoms of Amalur and for some reason the combat in this reminds me totally of that.

Went through the video. Looks much better now. I had a big issue with the AI and the enemy standing around looking at you attacking others. However after the first fight, the AI seemed a lot better and were attacking you a lot more.

Looks promising. Still reminds me a bit of Destiny though. Also co-op is only 3 players.

Combat is basically...

...a Korean MMO. I'm really not seeing anything I haven't seen the past 5-10 years coming out of action MMOs from Korea.

Well, except for one major thing. There's a lot less moves being shown in that video than in your average quality Korean MMO. Even a relatively older MMO like Black Desert has like 10x the moves per character than was shown in that teaser. Combat also looks less fluid and is a lot slower paced. Kind of boring looking.

I guess the plethora of loot drops (hopefully not the ridiculous loot-splosions from Borderlands 3) is supposed to make up for the boring combat?

Welp, that basically made me lose any interest I might have had for the game.

Regards,
SB

So GodFall is not an online game yet requires an internet connection to play. I don't understand.

"Godfall is not a service game, but does require an internet connection to play."

That settles it then. It didn't look especially great, but I thought it might be worth picking up for the odd bit of mindlessly hacking and slashing. Sometimes that's what I'm after.

But with an always online requirement, it can go forth and multiply itself.

Sony usually likes to own the IP when they fund games. Could be they were more versatile to bolster the launch lineup.

Sony usually likes to own the IP when they fund games. Could be they were more versatile to bolster the launch lineup.

They did not fund totally the game. They wanted a multiplayer games for launch and Counterplay games did not wanted to let the Ip. This is the reason the publisher is Gearbox.

I was being cautiously optimistic with this game, it was looking interesting enough to dive in, until I learned there's no armor drops/customization. Only color swaps apparently. What's the point of a 3rd person looter if you can't personalize how your character looks?

I was being cautiously optimistic with this game, it was looking interesting enough to dive in, until I learned there's no armor drops/customization. Only color swaps apparently. What's the point of a 3rd person looter if you can't personalize how your character looks?

Wait what, what is the point in that??

Back