CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

Which games will suck away sales from Cyberpunk, do you think?

No game in particular. Next-gen console launch & the holidays is a great time as that is the time with the fewest next-gen games available. As time passes, the market will get more crowded. More games fighting for attention. So less sales for Cyberpunk.

My point was that since they are waiting this long to go into crunch, they're only adding 5 extra days of crunch over the next 5 weeks? Only reason you delay this late is if it's months, not days. The logistics of changing all of the marketing, etc just for a couple of days isn't worth it. It would be worth it if you're delaying until after the first of the year.

Tommy McClain

Secondly, I do not think they will sacrifice any sales by delaying, but it will of course incur more expenses. Which games will suck away sales from Cyberpunk, do you think? I also think that people have waited for this type of game and maybe especially a Cyberpunk game, would not mind waiting 3 more months.
If CDPR were going to delay, they would have delayed rather than go with crunch. If you look back, you'll see every previous delay of CDPR games were done around three months ahead of the announced launch date. I guess this is around the point where they start solidifying duplication, packaging, distribution and marketing arrangements.

They said the game was done months back and that the last (thus) delay was all about polish, so depending how successful crunch is in this regard, Cyberpunk 2077 may be a little janky at launch. But to be fair, so was the Witcher 3! :yes:

To all who are not familiar with work laws of Poland, it's not the crunch you know from USA.
Overtime is paid 50% more, they are only doing 48h week instead of 40h for 6 weeks and all devs will get 10% of 2020 profits from CDPR as a bonus.

It sucks for some to earn more in exchange of personal/family time, but compared to my 100h+ work weeks they have it easy.
Yes, I work for my business, but with rewards like CDPR is giving makes it a moot point.

Facts over sensationalism is healthier ;)

Last edited:
Have you not been paying attention to the internet? ;)
I don't follow. I remember a huge outrage about crunch leading up to the Witcher 3 launch as well. Was it always 48 hour work weeks and people knew this to be the case?

To all who are not familiar with work laws of Poland, it's not the crunch you know from USA.
Overtime is paid 50% more, they are only doing 48h week instead of 40h for 6 weeks and all devs will get 10% of 2020 profits from CDPR as a bonus.

It sucks for some to earn more in exchange of personal/family time, but compared to my 100h+ work weeks they have it easy.
Yes, I work for my business, but with rewards like CDPR is giving makes it a moot point.

Facts over sensationalism is healthier ;)

I would love to be asked swallow up a month and a half of extra 8h/a week for that kind of compensation.

Wait what? I formed an opinion based on inaccurate information, again? How very dare they play with my feelings!

PS: I work 48 hours every in 3 days sometimes.

It's all about context and perspective. 48 hours is a usual week for me but that's just the nature of my work and I knew that when I started. It's like the Bill Hicks sketch where he asks the audience who smokes, and one guy answers and when asked how much he smokes he replied about 20 a day. And Bill Hicks called him a pussy 'cos he goes through 3 lighters a day. It's just a difference in perspective :D

Besides they are very well remunerated for their work and that 10% deal just sounds like mana. Luckily I also work for a company that likes to express its thanks for hard work.

I'm just about to go in for my final night shift of my 70 hour week, cleaning elderly arses, helping the infirm/dying to drink, and fretting that the reams of paperwork might contain an error that could cost me my livelihood when CQC visit next week.

I normally work 30 hours a week so I can write. I took this overtime in order to make up for the shifts I had to take off - until my test came back - because I had a cough.

If the overtime was paid at an additional 50% and I could expect shares of future profits, I wouldn't be flicking through job advertisements at every opportunity.

Although an adequate amount of staff, nappies, and functional equipment would go a long way to that too...

I don't follow. I remember a huge outrage about crunch leading up to the Witcher 3 launch as well. Was it always 48 hour work weeks and people knew this to be the case?

The laws have changed multiple times since then and the company policies as well.

Also hope the game supports the 2 new DLSS "ultra" modes.

I'd say its virtually a given. 4k in ultra performance requires a base resolution of just 720p which is pretty insane. Presumably the game will be vastly better optimised at release than the 720p 2080Ti demo but even if it weren't the result would be even a 3070 being able to achieve those same settings at 4k DLSS.

Actually in Poland overtime during the weekends is paid + 100%
Edit. My bad, it's Sundays, nighttime and state holidays only
Then there is a difference between what is regulated (by law) and what companies actually chose to do, i.e. employers can be more generous than what the law requires as a minimum - this is how you keep good people. For decades I have worked for an employer where weekend overtime was effectively double rate but you're encouraged to work flexibly for the most part so I could choose to work less hours elsewhere and where hours worked at weekends count as double hours if taken as TOIL (time off in lieu) during the week. I also get the equivalent of six weeks paid leave a year plus seven days of national holidays.

The culture, enforced by regulation, in Europe is to make prolonged overtime undesirable from cost perspective and any medium-to-large organisation will hit a point where it's more cost effective to hire more people even if some are contractors on short-term deployment. Not always, but mostly. :yes:

This is easily the best I've seen the game looking. Looks absolutely stunning here IMO. Note how it's shown in 21:9... everything looks better in 21:9 ;)
This reminds me so much of the scope of GTA V, with the ante cranked up. Every so often my brain says that just isn't possible from such a smaller team - relative to Rockstar - then I remember how massive Witcher 3 was.

This reminds me so much of the scope of GTA V, with the ante cranked up. Every so often my brain says that just isn't possible from such a smaller team - relative to Rockstar - then I remember how massive Witcher 3 was.

I don't recall another example of a scale to density ratio being displayed in video game history. This is almost a perfect way to farewell this current cycle while transitioning into the next. Good stuff by CDPR.

Back