Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

As a side question. I noticed a number of people getting an extra controller. What games are left that are couch co-op/ PvP? Fighting games I suppose. The Lego games? I haven't had extra controllers since the 360 days for HALO couch co-op/ PvP. Curious.

As a side question. I noticed a number of people getting an extra controller. What games are left that are couch co-op/ PvP? Fighting games I suppose. The Lego games? I haven't had extra controllers since the 360 days for HALO couch co-op/ PvP. Curious.

No idea.... I didnt order any extra controller but theres bound to be coop games down the line, i think there was a 4 player split screen game announced for next gen consoles not long ago?
An extra controller could be a good reserve too.They have come pricey i think, matching high end pc gaming mice these days.

Edit: the four player split screen game

https://screenrant.com/borderlands-3-ps5-xbox-series-4-player-splitscreen/

I have three boys, they play lots of couch co-op, a few examples:

Spelunky (1 and 2)
Street Fighter 5
Dreams
Goat Simulator
Crawl
Minecraft
Rayman
Don't Starve Together
Gang Beasts

Etc. Etc. Just went over some of the recently played. Lots of couch co-op. I ordered a second pad too, but will need four. We've had five DS4s (one died).

Spelunky (1 and 2)
Street Fighter 5
Dreams
Goat Simulator
Crawl
Minecraft
Rayman
Don't Starve Together
Gang Beasts

Etc. Etc. Just went over some of the recently played. Lots of couch co-op. I ordered a second pad too, but will need four. We've had five DS4s (one died).

Thanks. Hell I never even considered some of those. Goat, Minecraft and Don't Starve Together I should have recognized. The price I pay for not having kids. :)

Thanks. Hell I never even considered some of those. Goat, Minecraft and Don't Starve Together I should have recognized. The price I pay for not having kids. :)

They loved PS4 spiderman so il have to get MM and the remaster (both PS5). Kids make for good excuses aswell :p I'm only intrested in the graphics, will do by just watching them play.

Spelunky (1 and 2)
Street Fighter 5
Dreams
Goat Simulator
Crawl
Minecraft
Rayman
Don't Starve Together
Gang Beasts

If they don't get PS5 patches, then your existing DS4 will still work with them. So you can put off spending another $140.

For those with Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless (me for instance), they have announced that a firmware update will make it compatible with the PS5. It is now connected to the PS4 optical, but that is gone on the PS5. I guess the firmware update moves all signals to the USB connection with the base station.
As a downside you will not be able to balance the sound between the game audio and chat on the base station, but I guess you can do that in the sound menu on the PS5. Other Steelseries headsets detailed for compatibility (also for XSX). I also know other manufacturer are making solutions so you should check your brand for possible compatibility with the next generation consoles. Just a tip if you are happy with the one you have and don't want to shell out for the new PS5 headset. I like the design with the PS5 color scheme, it does look good. Maybe check it out later.

https://steelseries.com/blog/arctis-xbox-series-x-playstation-5-compatibility-headsets-344

But nothing of this has anything todo with the transition from PS4 to PS5.....

Only time PS4 to PS5 is mentioned is some 3rd party anonymous guy talking about there being little information coming from Sony to the 3rd party.

Well I see difficulties in 3rd party games to port savings ps4->ps5 ... this IMHO has to do with lack of infos coming at the right time of development. On Morales they where able to obtain this cross saving. Why not on other titles ? So the article has relevance to today's situation. I don't like really this racism against me. Just trying to give my 2 cents...

Yeah it is offensive and has been generally recognised as such for donkeys.

Dirt 5 also has the save game issue, no PS4 - PS5 transfer, so what the hell Sony?

Ha ha...
Ok I love coffee. I love ps5 & Sony .... and I love Japanese ... Well I have a chinese girlfriend... so not racism in me. Ok I stop with the unpleasant news on ps5. I see some people don't want to spoil the hype they have.

The problem isn’t that you post “bad news” or that we can’t handle it. Which is an insulting statement in itself.

The problem is that what you post is usually random links, random articles, full of unsubstantiated statements, and half the time they’re things we have discussed ad nauseam before.

And you just throw them in here with no critical mind or anything resembling an assessment, just dropping them here like “here you go” and waiting for a reaction.

This is not the forum for that kind of activity.

The rest (racism etc??) is all stuff that is lost in translation and cultural differences.

The level of noise on this thread in particular is way beyond acceptable levels and I’m sorry but it started with you.

[mention]BRiT [/mention]

Last edited:
That was just the answer of the person stating that I'm like a person speaking bad of coffee into a coffee shop... You so easily get offended. Of course I know there is here a maturity of getting also bad news. Well if you don't find usefull, confusing or relevant my stuff put me on ignore as other did.... Welcome.

I don't think that anyone is getting offended really. But your posts are coming across as being really insincere or disingenuous, your concern appears fake and you are over egging issues that just aren't important.

As for the save game issue itself, there must be a technical reason for it and that's probably explained by the save being encrypted to ID of the machine they were created on. Exporting them doesn't encrypt them and exposing the key is not an option. You would probably need some form of physical connection between the two machines to do an asynchronous handover. But who is going to bother with that?

Or, alternatively, MS are taking the reincarnation route for game saves and Sony are taking a more post modernist approach to a singular point of (∃x)===1 in reference to saves. :D

Ok I quit this forum.
If my contribution is not welcome or widely recognized as useful I can't do differently. Good luck to everyone. Bye. Don't know how to make that: please cancel my account.

I unapproved most of the noise from the last two pages. Now please stay on topic.

If you post something, first think if this is the thread for it or if it deserves its own thread.

If you share information, make sure you explain what it is and why you share it, and again if this is the correct thread.

And if you can only share links in the form of pictures, please don’t bother and just wait until you have the opportunity to share it properly or someone else does it for you.

Mine reason is slightly more practical than that. I either forget to charge my controller or a lose it somewhere. I found one in the fridge once. Not my proudest moment :/

So. This PS4-PS5 saves thing is more confusing than I expected, thanks Sony.

I assume that standard PS4 backward compatible games will be able to carry saves to the PS5, so I can continue them on there? I only got the disc version as I have quite a few PS4 games to go through - some I haven't even started - and I wanted to play them on PS5...?

So. This PS4-PS5 saves thing is more confusing than I expected, thanks Sony.

I assume that standard PS4 backward compatible games will be able to carry saves to the PS5, so I can continue them on there? I only got the disc version as I have quite a few PS4 games to go through - some I haven't even started - and I wanted to play them on PS5...?
In one of the older interview (2019) with Jim Ryan, you should be able to play on PS4, continue on PS5... or at least that was his vision. As far as saves for PS4 games, probably as long as you upload those to your PS+ acc, you should be able to continue playing on PS5. But honestly, right now I'm not 100% confident. Hopefully either Sony will clarify this (at least assure us that PS4 saves can be transferred to PS5 if it was for playing the very same PS4 game), or this should be the first thing reviewers tested before anything else.

Back