Hypothetical: Grand Theft Auto VI Exclusivity

To acquire them via buyout would probably push the price over $30 billion.
your right , they could still buy them but i doubt they would.

Its been what 9 years since the last gta ? Its a really slow franchise in terms of releases and would take forever to recoup costs. I think MS is going to buy another 10B or so company and then a sub 5B company from what i've heard

Its been what 9 years since the last gta ? Its a really slow franchise in terms of releases and would take forever to recoup costs. I think MS is going to buy another 10B or so company and then a sub 5B company from what i've heard

There has been rumors here too about MS looking to aquire more studios.

There has been rumors here too about MS looking to aquire more studios.
yea we have a whole thread about it.

I think even exclusive content would be a dumb play unless it costs them under 100m and its a sizable chunk of content. However it seems like gta 5 is so big because of the online. So i don't even know if single player would matter

I think even exclusive content would be a dumb play unless it costs them under 100m and its a sizable chunk of content. However it seems like gta 5 is so big because of the online. So i don't even know if single player would matter
GTA5 generated massive record-breaking sales well before GTA Online was a significant portion of their GTA revenue.

GTA5 generated massive record-breaking sales well before GTA Online was a significant portion of their GTA revenue.
Yes 7 years ago.

Is the audience that has continued generating the revenue for them going to show up for just single player in a way that exclusive single player content will drive them to choose one platform over the other ? Or will they care more about online ?

So lets say Sony or MS pays 100m for exclusive episodes like MS did on the 360 for gta 4. Will the average consumer say omg i need to get that console to play that content or will they go oh well i will wait for it to at some point hit the platform. I rather play on x platform because my friends are on it or hey this one keeps 4k 60fps more often in multiplayer and i rather have the better experience vs more single player content right away. Or hey this one lets me transition to other areas of the city faster with less pop in or something.

So at that point would a 100m or 200m be better spent on a studio or exclusive ip in total ?

Oooh. Spicy. Going to dig through my list now.. :D

If the 10 billions one is Ubisoft Xbox games division will be for ever in red.

Back