Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales [PS4, PS5, PC]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
https://blog.playstation.com/2020/09/30/marvels-spider-man-remastered-detailed/

"This does bring us to one of the bigger changes. In order to bring the best performances to players with our next-generation Marvel’s Spider-Man games, we have recast the face of Peter Parker. We loved working with John Bubniak on the original game; however, to get a better match to Peter Parker/Spider-Man actor Yuri Lowenthal’s facial capture, we have cast Ben Jordan to be the face model for Peter Parker on the PS5 console. He looks incredible in-game, and Yuri’s moving performances take on a new life."

"Let’s talk about graphical updates. The team has done the painstaking work of updating the city’s environment to take advantage of the new console. Beyond improved models and materials, one of the biggest things we have brought to the game is ray-traced reflections and ambient shadows. We now have true reflections on the windows of buildings, and it looks stunning with our new skies and weather."
50395503713_84c6c9b8ff_4k.jpg

50396356732_9c898fc121_4k.jpg

I stated previously I wasn't going to play through Spider-Man again, because of the lack of cross-platform save. But now... :oops:

If you can't see the tweets.

Two Questions: 1. If I buy Miles Standard Edition physical will I be able to still purchase and download Spider-Man Remastered later down the road? 2. If I buy Miles Ultimate Edition and I download Spider-man Remastered will the Miles physical disc be needed to play it? Thanks!

1. Yes. 2. no. (and likewise, if you do the standard and upgrade, then the downloaded Remastered will not require the disc either)

That's strange. If someone that buy physical copy of Miles ultimate (to also get the remaster), if you can play the remaster without the disc then what happen when someone sold it after installing the remaster? Will the new owner get the remaster? Or when the new owner install the remaster, the previous owner install will be invalidated?

That's strange. If someone that buy physical copy of Miles ultimate (to also get the remaster), if you can play the remaster without the disc then what happen when someone sold it after installing the remaster? Will the new owner get the remaster? Or when the new owner install the remaster, the previous owner install will be invalidated?
I take it you get a digital copy of the Remastered Spider-man which is then assigned to your PSN ID. You can sell the physical MM copy but the digital will not move.

I take it you get a digital copy of the Remastered Spider-man which is then assigned to your PSN ID. You can sell the physical MM copy but the digital will not move.
The problem with that is going to be you have Miles Morales ultimate disc on the 2nd hand market without the remaster which make the ultimate labelling useless and can confuse people.
Of course if you buy the standard edition on disc and later buy the remaster then I can see why you don't need to have the disc to play the remaster.

The problem with that is going to be you have Miles Morales ultimate disc on the 2nd hand market without the remaster which make the ultimate labelling useless and can confuse people.
Of course if you buy the standard edition on disc and later buy the remaster then I can see why you don't need to have the disc to play the remaster.

The way they explain it, you'd buy a second hand MM and then upgrade through the in-game menu. So you'd pay for the Remaster, but at least you paid less for a second hand MM?

Well that would then be up to you to explain to the buyer that they don't get Spider-man Remastered and they will have to purchase it themselves online. It's not hard to understand. It will lower the resell price of the Ultimate Edition but that would be acknowledged by you when you buy the Ultimate Edition in the first place.

Just like, if you don't want to play Spider-man again, then don't buy the Remastered Edition. It's choices you have.

I thought this was about miles morales all the time ;) So its the PS4 version, on the PS5 that has this reflections ray traced. But i assume miles morales, the PS5 version then, while the PS4 base version of miles morales doesnt have that ofcourse.
Going to check it out, been impressed since 2018 BFV MP ray tracing reflections (esp the city maps). I can borrow the disc version of spiderman ps4 from a family member.

Back