Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

The definition of "remastered" is not so clear... But yes I understand what you meant. I agree.

It's not clear? Of course it is. A remaster generally uses the same assets, polished to a higher resolution but the geometry complexity stays the same and the engine is the same. Demon Souls PS5 is obviously using a different engine, different assets, different everything from the original. It could not be clearer that it is a remake.

I am so glad I read this, I will not be buying DiRT 5 on PS4 then. Or maybe buying and download it, sloooowly on my terrible internet, but not investing in the game. So maybe I'll just get it on Xbox then. But the DualSense controller could be really good for racers! :runaway:

Well done, Sony! You suck so much right now. :mad:

The Xbox does have feedback in the triggers, just rumble motors behind the triggers as well as main pad . It was pretty decent on Forza, gave reasonable feedback but not actual tension.

Boom! So much for all the naysayers. PS4 save will transfer to PS5. However Spider-man PS4 will not transfer to Remastered Spider-man on PS5.

Maneater...

• This is not a different application/game on XBox Series S & X and saves and trophies/achievements will carry forward.
    • This may require subscriptions to additional services such as XBox Gold (such as for cloud save transfers)
  • This IS a separate application/game on PlayStation 5 and trophies, stats and saves will not transfer
  • If you own a copy of Maneater on Disc, you will be able to insert that disc into your next gen console and download the updated game to play
  • For those new to the waters of Maneater taking the dive on the next gen consoles for the first time, new physical copies will be available (along with digital in the respective platform storefronts)
  • Ray tracing is being used to enhance water reflections and refractions

https://forums.tripwireinteractive....r-evolves-with-next-gen-enhancements.2336583/

Tommy McClain

New PS5 backwards compatibility info has been leaked by the PlayStation Store web’s source code, mostly focusing on what will happen if a PS4 game isn’t currently supported by PS5.

The source code also lists a PS5 boost mode being enabled, probably for a PS4 game that will receive boosted benefits on PS4, but is not directly supported by the developer. You can read our guide on this feature here.

https://www.psu.com/news/new-ps5-ba...d-along-with-a-reconfirming-a-ps5-boost-mode/

It looks like PS5 game sharing will work in a similar way to how is does on the PS4, with users being able to set a console as their main one and having all the other accounts on that console play their games.

https://www.psu.com/news/ps5-game-s...to-ps4-thanks-to-the-console-sharing-feature/

The Digital Deluxe Edition on PS4 and PS5 will pack in a host of neat digital extras. These extras include a digital art book, four Sackboy costumes designed after PlayStation characters, and more. See the product’s full content list below:
  • A digital art book
  • A digital soundtrack
  • 4 x Sackboy costumes of PlayStation icons which you can use to customise your Sackboy:
    • Jin from Ghost of Tsushima
    • Sam Porter Bridges from Death Stranding
    • Connor from Detroit Become Human
    • Deacon St. John from Days Gone
  • 4 Sackboy emotes based on each of the aforementioned PlayStation icons
  • 20 Sackboy avatars wearing different costumes from the game.
https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2020/09/29/sackboy-a-big-adventure-special-edition/

Last edited:
Exactly. It should be as easy as getting a pop up asking "Would you like to transfer your PS4 save to the PS5 version of this game? Y/N"
It's not rocket science.

I cannot fathom how this is a 'technical issue' when it has been done before. Bit rubbish.
On PC, many games, at least in the 90's and early 00's would routinely have patches that broke game saves.

On PC, many games, at least in the 90's and early 00's would routinely have patches that broke game saves.

They existed but not all that many. I may have run into 1 a year at most. And that was when I played practically every game that came out.

Then again, I would rarely immediately patch any of my games. I'd give it a week or two to see if there were any unintended side effects (broken quests, game deleting the contents of your C: drive [wish I could remember which game this was] when you uninstalled it, etc.). Sometimes, this would involve corrupting the save file. So, I'd just wait until the next patch and see if it had unintended side effects before patching.

Of course, this was when patching was manually done by the user. Now it's all automatic and you often can't avoid bad patches.../sigh.

Regards,
SB

They existed but not all that many. I may have run into 1 a year at most. And that was when I played practically every game that came out.

Then again, I would rarely immediately patch any of my games. I'd give it a week or two to see if there were any unintended side effects (broken quests, game deleting the contents of your C: drive [wish I could remember which game this was] when you uninstalled it, etc.). Sometimes, this would involve corrupting the save file. So, I'd just wait until the next patch and see if it had unintended side effects before patching.

Of course, this was when patching was manually done by the user. Now it's all automatic and you often can't avoid bad patches.../sigh.

Regards,
SB
I think it was common enough to note that, for all the people claiming everything should just work now, and that it should be easy, there are examples in the past where even console style limitations on game saves (encryption, user ownership, game ID, etc) weren't an issue, and even then some developers had issues making it work. Even ones with solid reputations for technical aptitude. I'm pretty sure Unreal broke patches a couple of times in the first year. Sin is another example of a game I know I had to start over because of an update nuking my save files, but that game was a bit of a mess at launch. Sometimes it happens.

What we need is better communication from the console makers how saves will transfer as a general rule.

One thing I did not liked on Spiderman remastered is that they changed the face of the spiderman-boy... Don't know in other countries but in Italy even changing the voice of some TV series protagonist spoils a lot for many persons... Really bad decision IMHO.

Back