Xbox Game Pass, Game Pass Ultimate now Includes EA Play! [XGP, GamePass]

So does this mean more games would be better served with demos, or that discovery is much easier on a huge new platform?
demos give to small of a slice of the game. With game pass i can put 20 hours in and say wow i'm still loving this let me buy it. Or wow let me get the dlc . A demo can be 15 minutes or 45 minutes long. Its just not enough

Game Pass allows smaller developers to get a boost, but generally only after they've had some form of critical reception, whether that's through game site reviews or through user reviews. In this respect, Steam is a hugely valuable asset to Microsoft as Microsoft can directly see user reception to a game. And not only that, but because Steam displays user reviews over time combined with an easy to maintain (for the developer) way to post update notes for their customers, Microsoft can also see how well a developer supports their product over a long period of time post launch.

While that doesn't help a smaller unknown developer get onto Game Pass day and date, it does make it possible for them to get onto it at a later date...if their game is well received and well supported.

Regards,
SB
ID@Xbox is a significant funnel into Game Pass too. MS gets to see stuff in development and can make the Game Pass offer from that as well.

Good stuff. I wonder why it took so long for Forza 7 to hit game pass? Licensing issues?

Yeah, I heard somewhere that it was the car licensing. I don't think it was the music. Had it launched 4-5 months later it might have released day-and-date on Game Pass. Will be nice to have both of the latest Forza's on Game Pass. I think this was the last 1st party title IP that wasn't on Game Pass. I doubt the older Forza Motorsport & Forza Horizon games will ever show up on it.

Tommy McClain

Will EA Play games on Game Pass require you to signup and install via EA's launcher, just like Ubisoft does with Steam?

Will EA Play games on Game Pass require you to signup and install via EA's launcher, just like Ubisoft does with Steam?

I wouldn't be surprised if the PC does require EA Launcher.

Out of curiosity does it have any form of mtx?

Article from early this year say's it only has cosmetics. -- https://segmentnext.com/2020/01/27/doom-eternal-store-mtx-p2w/

Responding to fans on Facebook (via Reddit) earlier today, creative director Hugo Martin addressed any and all concerns that players may have. He confirmed that Doom Eternal has no in-game store for starters. Secondly, anything that players unlock with experience points has nothing to do with gameplay. They are purely cosmetics and “just look cool” without delving into pay-to-win scenarios.

Article from early this year say's it only has cosmetics. -- https://segmentnext.com/2020/01/27/doom-eternal-store-mtx-p2w/
I don't think micro transactions need to be bad, or paid for dlc.
If done right, a GP game could see nice supplemental revenue stream when you see these sorts of numbers. And if it's a good game the tail is probably really long on GP.

Cosmetic for multiplayer games, story dlc that goes to GP after 2 months or something.

I don't think that the forza horizon dlc's ever go into GP, but it would be nice if they went in even if on rotation and not permanent.

Microsoft & GameStop announce partnership. Basically GameStop stores will sell Xbox All Access & then their operations will use Microsoft Dynamic 365, Surface devices, Microsoft 365 & Teams.

• Under this agreement, GameStop will standardize its back-end and in-store solutions on Dynamics 365, Microsoft’s portfolio of cloud-based business applications and customer data platform, empowering associates with integrated experiences across its business operations including finance, inventory, eCommerce, retail and point of sale. This will enable store associates the ability to access omni-channel insights about customer preferences and purchasing history, real time information on product availability, subscriptions, pricing, and promotions in order to provide a differentiated and personalized in-store customer experience.
  • Additionally, associates will be equipped with new Microsoft Surface devices that will transform the in-store experience and help unlock new retail experiences in the future. The mobility of Microsoft Surface will allow associates to move freely within the store footprint, meeting the needs of customers faster and more efficiently. Microsoft Surface devices have already been an important part of the digital modernization strategy for store management.
  • As part of its transformation, GameStop plans to roll out Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Teams to its stores, empowering more than 30,000 store associates with enhanced productivity and collaboration tools. With Teams, store associates will more easily be able to ask questions and share insights with one another, enabling them to provide a better customer experience. Associates will also benefit from enhanced security and identify management capabilities.
  • Following decades as an essential provider of the Microsoft Xbox gaming platform and services, GameStop has expanded its Xbox family of product offerings to include Xbox All Access, which provides an Xbox console and 24 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate to players with no upfront cost. GameStop and Microsoft will both benefit from the customer acquisition and lifetime revenue value of each gamer brought into the Xbox ecosystem.

https://news.microsoft.com/2020/10/...ltiyear-strategic-partnership-with-microsoft/

Got to be the last hurrah before they close forever.

Tommy McClain

Microsoft & GameStop announce partnership. Basically GameStop stores will sell Xbox All Access & then their operations will use Microsoft Dynamic 365, Surface devices, Microsoft 365 & Teams.

https://news.microsoft.com/2020/10/...ltiyear-strategic-partnership-with-microsoft/

Got to be the last hurrah before they close forever.

Tommy McClain

If they are able to get a repair contract with MS they could make money just by storing robos that customers come in to get surfaces swapped with.

Back