NVME PCI-E add in cards ?

Thanks DmitryKo, I like overly informative posts like that which confuse me. I might be confused, but I'm pretty sure you gave me all resources/instructions to do it and now it's just a matter of me digesting it and taking an extry brave pill and giving it a trial run on one of my HDDs to copy my OS on to just to learn how to do it. (I do NOT want to learn how to on my wife's rig or when it's semi-mission critical.)

well i bought a standing desk instead. I think i will get a 2tb drive if they are cheap enough during prime day or black friday. I think a sata drive would be good as in the future it would make a fine data drive and i will wait till ddr 5 ryzens are out and see what the fastest pci-e drives i can buy for that are

Have you got a standing chair to match...

Ha ! The company i bought the desk from also makes this
https://www.fully.com/chairs/luna-standing-desk-stool.html

The point for me is to help my herniated l5 disc as it causes pain down my leg and sitting hurts a lot esp after a day or two of 8 hour days at my desk. At the office i actually share a roll away desk treadmill with 2 co workers and we each take it for 2-3 hours a day . I do a slow walk like a 2.0 on the treadmill but i put in 3-4 miles during that time and it really helped with loosing weight and building leg muscle

Any luck with your test - maybe you need step-by-step instructions?
Nah. I just need a bit of patience, time, and freedom from family and puppy responsibilities. You have no idea how distracting a 5 month old shepherd pup with a jealous 2 year old shepherd can be. :/

So I ended up getting a bx 500 2TB from amazon for $150 and they gave me $10 off from buying it through alexa. It doesn't have dram but its been pretty quick. Its going to be for older games and storage anyway.

I ended up taking out my 256gig drive which was a samsung 860 . I put windows on the 480 gig san disk ultra 2 drive . I have a 700gig drive that i put a swap folder on and i dunno what else is gong to go on it in the future. That is a crucial mx 300 i believe. I then have a 860 evo m.2 1tb sata and a wd s100 nvme 1tb . I think if there is a good deal black friday or before christmas i could grab a 1TB drive with dram and get rid of the 480 and 700 gig or at least the 480. The 480 i would use as a usb drive for my surface to put games on and the 700 gig my wife can use as a portable drive to put her camera pictures on

Back