The Official, Long Awaited, TV Shows Thread

Ted Lasso is surprisingly funny and feel good series in apple tv. It's about an american coach who is hired into uk to couch a soccer team. It leaves your brain into idle so nice series to watch when you want to relax, be entertained and feel good. Nothing new in it, but sometimes you gotta have brainless entertainment.

Just watched the pilot of Brave New World. Never read the book, noticed the poor reviews. Some viewers said a lot of orgies -- though it seemed pretty mild.

Harry Lloyd was interesting, liked him in Counterpart.

Didn't realize they're setting up a conflict with the savages, i.e. people like us.

Kind of want to keep watching but The Capture is suppose to be a much better show on Peacock, so may not waste too much time.

Started watching Utopia, with no knowledge of it before-hand, liking what's there so far, can't tell where its going, have some hunches but not sure, will see how it goes.

Utopia... well what started out seemingly fun light-hearted tone turned dark real fast. So these are your main characters... oh nevermind...

Was a nice surprise hearing a beloved artist Chelsea Wolfe's music in the show.

Ted Lasso is surprisingly funny and feel good series in apple tv. It's about an american coach who is hired into uk to couch a soccer team. It leaves your brain into idle so nice series to watch when you want to relax, be entertained and feel good. Nothing new in it, but sometimes you gotta have brainless entertainment.

It is actually very nice indeed. And I think pretty clever at times too. Binged 5-6 episodes and highly enjoyed it so far.

It also continues the tradition of Apple series being of very high graphical quality with very good 4k and HDR.

For those who have watched enough episodes of Utopia, which CEO was the basis for Kevin Christie, John Cusack's character?

Lawrence Joseph Ellison
Jeff Bezos
Elon Musk

Someone else?

:LOL:

Have any of you read the comics? How do they compare?

(The impatient can grab all 12 volumes of The Boys plus some others at Humble Bundle for another four days.)

Edit: Some conflicting opinions on the comics (too graphic/edgy) in the Reddit thread. Also, apparently the first two volumes are free with Prime.

Okay, the Reddit thread says the show “gets dark without going into the garth ennis gross out territory” and “the Amazon series has made some hugely different choices from the comics. So you can enjoy them both in different ways.”
The comics are pretty awful IMO.

The comics are pretty awful IMO.
They're different, and a lot darker imho. The first season ended with such a huuuge deviation from the comic that it frankly floored me, and this last episode had more of the same in it.

I'm almost thinking they're gonna change how it ends, sort of hoping actually.

Piece of advice, if you're not gonna read the comics don't watch the online stuff about character backgrounds in the comics. There are too many cool spoilers I wish I didn't know about and it ain't tracking the comic book except in general idea and characters, but an entirely different feel and I think a different ending. (Again, here's hoping!)

Finished with Season 1 of Amazon's series Utopia. Most of my hunches were correct, but despite having some typical tropes, the journey was still worth it. Overall these 8 episodes had higher level of production quality than most series. It was an enjoyable time distracting from the real world issues.

I've learned from chat that this is loosely based around the UK series from 2013. I'm now off to hunt down those 12 episodes.

Dumb question, but is this a self-contained series or is it a cliffhanger for another season? Semi-spoiler question, but without spoilers?

Finished with Season 1 of Amazon's series Utopia. Most of my hunches were correct, but despite having some typical tropes, the journey was still worth it. Overall these 8 episodes had higher level of production quality than most series. It was an enjoyable time distracting from the real world issues.

I've learned from chat that this is loosely based around the UK series from 2013. I'm now off to hunt down those 12 episodes.

Isn't the original on Prime as well? It was last time I looked (albeit in the UK here).

The Walking Dead is returning soon.

I forget who all of these random characters are now in all of these places they've set up residence in, as there's too many people each week, dealing with their own issues. It's not like the earlier seasons, when it was only down to about a dozen people, including Rick, Glenn, Maggie, Shane, Carl, Carol, and Daryl. Now there's all of these other people using up the running time that I just don't immediately remember. It's hard to keep up. :D

The Walking Dead is returning soon.

I forget who all of these random characters are now in all of these places they've set up residence in, as there's too many people each week, dealing with their own issues. It's not like the earlier seasons, when it was only down to about a dozen people, including Rick, Glenn, Maggie, Shane, Carl, Carol, and Daryl. Now there's all of these other people using up the running time that I just don't immediately remember. It's hard to keep up. :D

Sorry It´s not returning until 2021, It´s just the last episode of season 10 that was canned due to corona.

What it´s coming in October are Fear TWD and a new series The World Beyond

Holy crap.

To any Dark lovers, I found one game that basically is the closest thing to Dark I could think of - in a different setting of course.

The game is 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim. Wow.

Holy crap.

To any Dark lovers, I found one game that basically is the closest thing to Dark I could think of - in a different setting of course.

The game is 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim. Wow.

Holy Molly! It's that game I've been waiting forever from vanilla ware! I was waiting on vita.

Dammit, it's bow PS4 exclusive. I already put my PS4 pro on "sell used" listing.

Back