GART: Games and Applications using RayTracing

Status
Not open for further replies.
The prisms are producing white light only for me. Is anyone getting color?

Sadly cant enable console with UUU in these demos. Might have to compile the whole thing later, meh.

Sadly cant enable console with UUU in these demos. Might have to compile the whole thing later, meh.
Will try to compile and do tests during weekend.

Will try to compile and do tests during weekend.
I compiled the editor and got the prisms to produce color. The "povray" project has a gem asset using a material with the same name as the prisms and it works.

So copy this:
MeshCausticsDemo_4.25\Content\gem\gem\Materials\gem_Inst.uasset

Here:
MeshCausticsDispersion_4.25\Content\gem\gem\Materials\gem_Inst.uasset

causticsqiklb.jpg

Pretty.

In competitive online games, can you use ray tracing w/dlss to see opponents reflections, etc.. and reflex to reduce latency?

reflections could be an advantage and so could gi for brightening dark areas. But most people will play max framerate.

Last edited:
Set for release on November 10, 2020 on PC and XBSX, November 12 on PS5.
The ray tracing features we deploy most often in Observer are ambient occlusion and reflections.

During our research process, it became apparent that they made the most visual impact in the rather dark and gritty setting of our game. Observer: System Redux will be released on the new generation of consoles as well as on PC. Implementation of ray tracing on these platforms differs, so there may be some differences with resolutions and frame rate as well, although we’re working to make them as least noticeable as we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back