Xbox Series X [XBSX] [Release November 10 2020]

Umm.. good point. How did I pre-order a Series X earlier this week and we've not seen a single damn game running on it. :runaway:

Faith.

In this guy.

Like Cyberpunk?
Yes, I can play Cyberpunk on an Xbox One cost £150 that I can buy today.
Have they shown Cyberpunk running on an Xbox? If so, a link would be great! :yes:

Did to you treat it like a lotto ticket or the stock market, buy in for the dream and not the reality? :cool:
I kind of blacked out and when I came too I had a second nextgen console pre-order.

Yes, I can play Cyberpunk on an Xbox One cost £150 that I can buy today.
Have they shown Cyberpunk running on an Xbox? If so, a link would be great! :yes:

:D Naw...I just recall that game being the game u are looking forward to playing.

A lot of people seem to make that statement as if the MS is having issues with the Series X (not saying u were doing so too). In fact it seems to be common complaint every gen with MS.

We might consider that MS does this purposely since the Xbox is mostly a custom PC running a custom version of Direct X. MS might favor a more polished final hardware dev kit before pushing out to devs since in theory porting should be easier.

:D Naw...I just recall that game being the game u are looking forward to playing.
I so am! But the point remains about lots of people, myself included, having ordered a Series X when I don't think we've seen any games running on it. We have seen Dirt 5 running on Series S, though.

A lot of people seem to make that statement as if the MS is having issues with the Series X (not saying u were doing so too). In fact it seems to be common complaint every gen with MS.
I haven't seen anybody make that statement here but my growing ignore like may be the reason for that. :runaway:

Attachments

• image.gif
    image.gif
    172 bytes · Views: 7
  • image.gif
    image.gif
    172 bytes · Views: 6
I've been researching media remote alternatives since the Series X will not have infrared. I currently have the official licensed Talon Media Remote from PDP Gaming & I really like it. I can use it on multiple Xbox systems with no special programming or macro buttons, etc. When I was looking around I couldn't find anything that would work in my budget. I'm sure the Logitech Harmony system will work, but it's too much money right now. I've had the Xbox 360 Harmony Remote & loved it, but after using the Talon it has a much easier learning curve for my family members. The only thing left seems to be the Xbox app on my phone. While it gets the job, there's nothing like a small physical remote that you don't need to look at to use it. Anyway, I decided to contact PDP via Twitter to see what their plans were, but I found this conversation...

With a traditional TV remote design, the Talon Media Remote makes it easy to access play, skip, and volume controls along with the common Xbox controls like A,B,X,Y and a D-pad. No more fumbling for the right button on the controller to pause your movie. It also features motion activated backlit buttons to help you find the right one even in the dark. Take control of your Xbox One and Xbox Series X with the Talon Media Remote.

https://www.pdp.com/blog/?p=2213

Works with Xbox Series X|S
https://www.pdp.com/en/pdp-gaming-talon-media-remote-xbox

I understand they are now sending the commands via HDMI-CEC, but how the hell are commands getting to the Xbox form the remote? Even though the remote doesn't seem to have any infrared sensors on the casing it still seems to work by line-of-sight(I just tested it). So how is the remote going to work if it's not using infrared? Is it using Bluetooth or their proprietary wireless? Or is it possible the console has an infrared receiver(maybe the power button?), but not an infrared blaster? I'm confused.

Tommy McClain

I understand they are now sending the commands via HDMI-CEC, but how the hell are commands getting to the Xbox form the remote? Even though the remote doesn't seem to have any infrared sensors on the casing it still seems to work by line-of-sight(I just tested it). So how is the remote going to work if it's not using infrared? Is it using Bluetooth or their proprietary wireless? Or is it possible the console has an infrared receiver(maybe the power button?), but not an infrared blaster? I'm confused.

Same here. I'm not sure on exactness either. Maybe the consoles still have IR-Receivers just no IR-Blasters? Or if the consoles truly do not have IR-Receivers maybe they will send the IR command to your TV that will then use HDMI-CEC to send it to the console? Of course that requires your TV and everything in the chain to support HDMI-CEC.

Same here. I'm not sure on exactness either. Maybe the consoles still have IR-Receivers just no IR-Blasters? Or if the consoles truly do not have IR-Receivers maybe they will send the IR command to your TV that will then use HDMI-CEC to send it to the console? Of course that requires your TV and everything in the chain to support HDMI-CEC.

Interesting idea, but how would my TV know how to receive my infrared signal from my remote? I've sent a question to PDP on Twitter. Maybe they will reply?

Tommy McClain

Interesting idea, but how would my TV know how to receive my infrared signal from my remote? I've sent a question to PDP on Twitter. Maybe they will reply?

Tommy McClain

HDMI-CEC allows any device to communicate with and control any other device as long as they both adhere to the standard.

So the TV gets the infrared signal from your remote and passes on commands that it isn't meant to handle to a device that is meant to handle it.

Regards,
SB

Tommy McClain

For the most part, all IR-Receivers will get the broadcast. That's why each device has it's own device id and how basic IR remotes can control different devices by just plugging in a 4 digit number.

There's an extensive protocol inside the IR signal, and the TV would then decode it to see if it's a command it can act on, and if it can't do anything with it then it will pass it onto HDMI.

The last time I dealt with IR signals was way back in the early days of JP1 Remote programming, like mid-2000s. I haven't followed it since then, and trying to find the nitty gritty details of it is rough, as everything is basic consumer level information.

Thanks guys. Now I think I understand. I assumed the HDMI-CEC standard was just a communication between devices to distribute the command. I didn't realize all the devices that supported it can actually receive it via their IR receiver & then pass it along. So I guess I need to determine if all my devices support HDMI-CEC. So it looks like I won't need to buy anything new. That's a relief.

Tommy McClain

Isn't HDMI CEC on the Xbox One too?
IIRC, ARC is part of the CEC suite so if the old consoles have ARC then they should have CEC too.

I remember "freaking out" when I noticed the IR remote of my TV could be used to navigate the PS4 dashboard. It was extremely convenient in a time when I was using my PS4 to watch netflix.

That first video isn't promising. I thought Destiny 2 was going to be 60hz on Series X? The load times are disappointing too, 30sec still sounds like a lot. :(

Back