Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales [PS4, PS5, PC]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
We don't know what's happening with the PS4 version yet? Presumably if I put my PS4 Spiderman disc into the PS5, the very *least* it'll do is play the game at PS4 Pro resolution. They may even utilise a PS5 mode which should allow for 4k resolution.

Just have to wait and see what they've got planned for PS5 backwards compatibility. Didn't Sony have some policy from a few months back that stated all new PS4 games have to have some PS5 functionality?

It's essentially baked into the machine, so I'd be surprised if games simply ran at PS4 resolutions.

Edit: I'm expecting some announcements about BC for PS5, if they don't then I'll be disappointed too. Microsoft's BC is so incredible that it makes it quite hard for Sony to compete at that level.

Last edited by a moderator:
I appreciate PS+ Collection being free, but you didn't give me an appreciable reason to not borrow a PS4 Pro and just play the titles on that over PS5.

Moreover, the PS+ Collection isn't really free, as it requires a subscription. I was eyeing up a year long PS+ subscription for the first time in about a year. I'm going to get a month, most likely be disappointed by the paltry effort that Sony have put in, and then move on to not bothering with such a poor service again.

I was Sony's ideal customer at the PS4 launch: I bought (or already had) a year of PS+, bought a couple of launch games on disc, and bought a few smaller digital games (I still love Transistor.)

I don't think I'm going to be quite so ideal this time. I've pre-ordered a PS5 and a camera (as I have PSVR) and I'm probably going to make Cyberpunk my main game. If Sony have spent some money ensuring the games in the PS+ Collection run at 4K-ish and 60fps-ish then I'm happy to respond in kind and subscribe to PS+ for a year.

Be a decent company, keep a decent customer. Treat me like a mug, and you can kiss the tip of my helmet.

You get the remaster as long as you buy the PS5 SM:MM $70 ?
But you don't get it if you buy SM:MM PS4? because there is no $70 variant?

interesting. I guess with PS+ Collection I'm just trying things, so I'm not going to be too upset by it.
Spider-man isn't part of the Collection though iirc. Below are the Collection Titles.

God of War
Bloodborne
Monster Hunter World
Final Fantasy XV
Fallout 4
Mortal Kombat X
Uncharted 4
Rachett and Clank
Days Gone
Until Dawn
Detroit Become Human
Battlefield 1
Infamous Second Son
Batman Arkham Knight
The Last Guardian
The Last of Us Remastered
Resident Evil Biohazard

And Persona 5 will be November title on PS Plus that will work on PS5.

We don't know whats happening with the PS4 version yet? Presumably if I put my PS4 Spiderman disc into the PS5, the very *least* it'll do is play the game at PS4 Pro resolution. They may even utilise a PS5 mode which should allow for 4k resolution.

Just have to wait and see what they've got planned for PS5 backwards compatibility. Didn't Sony have some policy from a few months back that stated all new PS4 games have to have some PS5 functionality?

It's essentially baked into the machine, do I'd be surprised if games simply ran at PS4 resolutions.

Edit: I'm expecting some announcements about BC for PS5, if they don't then I'll be disappointed too. Microsoft's BC is so incredible that it makes it quite hard for Sony to compete at that level.

From what we know so far, if you insert your Spider-Man PS4 disc into your PS5, you'll get a screen asking for your bank details.

Kidding.

No, from what we know, it'll at the very least play in the PS4 Pro legacy mode.

Sony updated their terms in June/July to stipulate that any PS4 game released thereafter will have to run on the PS5. Given the enormous increase in clockspeeds and IPC, I expect this to generally manifest as PS4/Pro=30fps and PS5=60fps.

I don't think I'm going to be quite so ideal this time. I've pre-ordered a PS5 and a camera (as I have PSVR) and I'm probably going to make Cyberpunk my main game. If Sony have spent some money ensuring the games in the PS+ Collection run at 4K-ish and 60fps-ish then I'm happy to respond in kind and subscribe to PS+ for a year.

Are you sure the new camera work with the old PSVR? I seem to remember somthing about having to use the old one, but you would get a converter for free from Sony.

But I am not able to find that info again.

What's crazy is I bought the Marvels Spider-man Miles Morales Ultimate Edition and only paid $6 more than what I would have paid for the normal Marvels Spider-man Miles Morales Edition. :D I would have been crazy not to buy it so a win for me.

Microsoft should call the upcoming Gears 5 Series X/S/PC Update a remaster too I guess? Given the work put into it:
unknown-2.png

They also improved the resolution of the relaxed cone step mapping.
EdEWG36XoAUENRG

The question is..does Miles Morales look to you like a "remaster" of Spidey on PS4 Pro ? Because that's what this "remastered" version is going to look like.

Are you sure the new camera work with the old PSVR? I seem to remember somthing about having to use the old one, but you would get a converter for free from Sony.

But I am not able to find that info again.

Not sure! I'll be looking around frantically as we get closer to launch. I only use the camera for VR, and I'd rather save myself £50, so if I can just use my existing equipment with a USB adapter, I'd much rather do so.

Spider-man isn't part of the Collection though iirc. Below are the Collection Titles.

God of War
Bloodborne
Monster Hunter World
Final Fantasy XV
Fallout 4
Mortal Kombat X
Uncharted 4
Rachett and Clank
Days Gone
Until Dawn
Detroit Become Human
Battlefield 1
Infamous Second Son
Batman Arkham Knight
The Last Guardian
The Last of Us Remastered
Resident Evil Biohazard

And Persona 5 will be November title on PS Plus that will work on PS5.
Thanks for this. Okay so fingers crossed then that they are releasing the PS5 editions with collection.

The question is..does Miles Morales look to you like a "remaster" of Spidey on PS4 Pro ? Because that's what this "remastered" version is going to look like.
From what I understand, on launch, the upgrades to the Series X version is also going to Windows and Steam so all three can enjoy exactly the same features. And PC can tweak them even higher.

Microsoft should call the upcoming Gears 5 Series X/S/PC Update a remaster too I guess? Given the work put into it:
unknown-2.png

They also improved the resolution of the relaxed cone step mapping.
EdEWG36XoAUENRG

The most expensive part of games developpement is asset creation and they redo the assets, they have Raytracing too. Miles Morales PS5 will be Miles Morales in Remastered, same Peter parker will be the same in miles Morales PS5 and Spiderman Remasterd.

spider10.jpg

From what I understand, on launch, the upgrades to the Series X version is also going to Windows and Steam so all three can enjoy exactly the same features. And PC can tweak them even higher.

That's Microsoft's schtick, right? They're concentrating hard on BC, arguably to a detriment to their new hardware.

Sony are to a much larger extent offering a new generation of games.

I prefer not to judge Sony by Microsoft's standards and while it'd be nice to have remasters of PS4 games at no cost whatsoever (hey, even Microsoft aren't doing that, with some exceptions), I like to have a defined generation. That's exactly (that and my kids) why I chose the PS.

If Insomniac were to be upfront about whether the PS4 game is 4k or something, then it'd resolve a lot of issues. I just suspect that there's some BC announcement incoming and that's why they can't fully clarify. Otherwise they would have said the game runs like the Pro.

The most expensive part of games developpement is asset creation and they redo the assets, they have Raytracing too. Miles Morales PS5 will be Miles Morales in Remastered, same Peter parker will be the same in miles Morales PS5 and Spiderman Remasterd.

spider10.jpg
Which you are already paying $50 for when buying MM (already an outrageous price for what amounts to a DLC/expansion. Uncharted Lost Legacy was $40) . Why should the fake "remaster" of Spidey (wish contains assets "created" and "paid" for Miles Morales cost another $20 on top of that ?
There's no defending this ridiculous situation especially by trying to redefine what a remaster is. Shadow of the Colossus PS2 -> Shadow of the Colossus PS4 = remaster but this ain't it.

Which you are already paying $50 for when buying MM (already an outrageous price for what amounts to a DLC/expansion. Uncharted Lost Legacy was $40) . Why should the fake "remaster" of Spidey (wish contains assets "created" and "paid" for Miles Morales cost another $20 on top of that ?
There's no defending this ridiculous situation especially by trying to redefine what a remaster is. Shadow of the Colossus PS2 -> Shadow of the Colossus PS4 = remaster but this ain't it.

Some assets they will redo aren't on Miles Morales. They does not have the same villains for example.

Don't read if you don't finish Spiderman ps4
or they will redo aunt May in Spiderman Remastered, she is not in Miles Morales. Same for Miles Morales father.

And probably other assets I forgot. They will probably redo some low quality assets like squirrel.
fz6g1zay24l11.jpg

Thet have dualsense support, audio 3d too, new costumes and new trophies too.

Last edited:
That's Microsoft's schtick, right? They're concentrating hard on BC, arguably to a detriment to their new hardware.
I guess I was trying to point out that it's not just PC settings coming over to Series X, but effort is being expended to improve the Series X with features beyond, and then the effort to spread that back to the PC version. I guess the idea is that there is effort being expended, though no world building/art is really being changed, except perhaps some rebaking of sorts.

Sony are to a much larger extent offering a new generation of games.

I prefer not to judge Sony by Microsoft's standards and while it'd be nice to have remasters of PS4 games at no cost whatsoever (hey, even Microsoft aren't doing that, with some exceptions), I like to have a defined generation. That's exactly (that and my kids) why I chose the PS.

If Insomniac were to be upfront about whether the PS4 game is 4k or something, then it'd resolve a lot of issues. I just suspect that there's some BC announcement incoming and that's why they can't fully clarify. Otherwise they would have said the game runs like the Pro.
it is what it is. There's no porsche that sells with an engine that runs on diesel. I'll just leave it at that. You don't buy a lambo and fill it with regular. That's what I think Sony is aiming for. You're going to get the experiences you want, all the remasters will be better than any BC upgrade, but you've just got to be willing to pay. There's no right or wrong on it. It's not anti-consumer to do what Sony is doing. But lower income families can't afford a porsche. And that's what it may very well come down to and Sony may not be interested in that part of the market anymore.

It's not free for developer to add ray tracing to old game in addition to other retouches they make. I believe miles morales is full length game. For me the ultimate edition is no brainer to get. I feel there is good value in ultimate edition for me. There is the choice to buy cheaper version for those who don't care for the original so this is win/win?

It's not free for developer to add ray tracing to old game in addition to other retouches they make. I believe miles morales is full length game. For me the ultimate edition is no brainer to get. I feel there is nice value. And there is the choice to buy cheaper version for those who don't care for the original so this is win/win?
Yea, that's definitely the way that Sony wants people to view it as. You can't afford it, you get the PS4 Pro version.

Back