General Next Generation Rumors and Discussions [Post GDC 2020]

It's illogical, surely. The power difference only ever need apply to resolution, as demonstrated during the current generation.

It's illogical, surely. The power difference only ever need apply to resolution, as demonstrated during the current generation.
Yep. They guy openly admitted to making up fake stories like this to 'make the Xbox look better'. And he's still doing it. If it gets him Likes on twitter, then whoopie dee doo good for him!

Yep. They guy openly admitted to making up fake stories like this to 'make the Xbox look better'. And he's still doing it. If it gets him Likes on twitter, then whoopie dee doo good for him!
That never happened though.

PS5 can be quite close (if running at 2.23GHz/3.5GHz all the time) or quite ways of if it downclocks often to low 2.0GHz and or say 3.2GHz.

We wont get into VRS and Mesh shading, but that could also play big part if its not there. Wait and see, but Sony hasnt been upfront on alot of things leading up to PS5 launch, not long to find out.

Isn't this the guy who already admitted he was bothered that the popular opinion was too tilted towards the PS5, repeated this Resident Evil 8 crap in several social media platforms until he got some attention and then lost his mod position at resetera as a result?

And he now starts his twitter rant with "I resisted talking about this for a long time"? Seems to me that he has a lot of trouble resisting not talking about this.
No, he is not. Context matters. Its the guy who said this in thread with hypotesis that MS has no advantage over Sony in anything leading up to next gen. He said he wrote it because that is quite advantage, and he has heard it from Capcom, hence "too tittled". Yes, it was too tittled towards PS5 because for every advantage Sony has, no one mentioned MSs.

None of it makes sense to me.

It makes zero sense. They had the game running well on the PS4 Pro, and then they wanted to make use of the next gen storage so they shifted to next gen, so far so good.

But then the game runs great on Xbox and PC but somehow terribly on the PS5.
So it runs great on 12 TFLOPs SeriesX and 4TFLOPs SeriesS, but terribly on 10 TFLOPs PS5? If the PS5 runs worse than the SeriesX, why not lower the resolution and then upscale? Is he suggesting the PS5 can't even run at the same 1440p resolution as the SeriesS?

And for it to run great on the PC, what minimum specs would they even need for it to run exceptionally better than a PS5 with a 10 TFLOPs RDNA2 GPU plus a 8-core Zen @ 3.6GHz? Minimum RTX 2080 Ti?
Even if the case was that they're running into bugs on the PS5 version, the fact that they're using the PS5 to promote the game makes it even more unlikely as that's probably their preferred platform.

I just can't see how this isn't a load of bullshit, but this guy keeps repeating it every other week/month.

It makes zero sense. They had the game running well on the PS4 Pro, and then they wanted to make use of the next gen storage so they shifted to next gen, so far so good.

But then the game runs great on Xbox and PC but somehow terribly on the PS5.
So it runs great on 12 TFLOPs SeriesX and 4TFLOPs SeriesS, but terribly on 10 TFLOPs PS5? If the PS5 runs worse than the SeriesX, why not lower the resolution and then upscale? Is he suggesting the PS5 can't even run at the same 1440p resolution as the SeriesS?

And for it to run great on the PC, what minimum specs would they even need for it to run exceptionally better than a PS5 with a 10 TFLOPs RDNA2 GPU plus a 8-core Zen @ 3.6GHz? Minimum RTX 2080 Ti?
Even if the case was that they're running into bugs on the PS5 version, the fact that they're using the PS5 to promote the game makes it even more unlikely as that's probably their preferred platform.

I just can't see how this isn't a load of bullshit, but this guy keeps repeating it every other week/month.
Maybe XSS is running at 1200p with lower settings/fps while they are shooting for parity with PS5? (Same fps, effects, lower res)

Or maybe Sony didnt say everything they had to say about GPU and its not running at 10.3TF all the time and is missing some key features. Well find out soon enough, but they have been quite coy on lots of things related to PS5 (that includes clocks as well btw).

Interesting timing with it coming out on the day the preorders open. It does smell fishy and seems illogical.

Only time will tell.

the issue I have with it, is that if there was a technical issue behind it, all developers would be facing the same challenges.

Since the difference between XSX all the way down to PS4/XBO is none according to them in terms of getting the game onto the platform --- that leaves the variable clockrate of PS5 as being the only issue. Which doesn't make a lot of sense to me. You should be able to target a specific performance goal and target below it.

the issue I have with it, is that if there was a technical issue behind it, all developers would be facing the same challenges.

Since the difference between XSX all the way down to PS4/XBO is none according to them in terms of getting the game onto the platform --- that leaves the variable clockrate of PS5 as being the only issue. Which doesn't make a lot of sense to me. You should be able to target a specific performance goal and target below it.

iirc more obscure game engines could be less stable when it comes power demand efficiency/consistency. That's going to have an impact on clocks and it might be hard to rectify this problem in a typical game development way. That's not to say it can't be done.

This game is supposedly using RE Engine...which was initially developed for Resident Evil 7. So it's a pretty unique engine that isn't widely used.

That's the same guy who got banned from reset, after it was found that he was spreading completely made up 'info'. The guy is a total troll.
EDIT: never mind!
Dusk Golem was a moderator on resetera, he lost his moderator position over the same Resident Evil running badly on PS5 rumours which he admitted weren't true but I saw him post after that on resetera as a regular user. Maybe he's banned since. The army of resetera mods don't usually take well to trolling or console warring, month-long and permabans are common.

Probably fud but one thing that I had wondered was how Sony will tackle resolution.

PS4 did have sub 1080 games but very few, it seems to be from some games that struggled a silent but firm steering to 1080 was in place. Will they try and do the same to 4k or will they accept Xbox will claim native and they will be 1800 or whatever it scales to.

iirc more obscure game engines could be less stable when it comes power demand efficiency/consistency. That's going to have an impact on clocks and it might be hard to rectify this problem in a typical game development way. That's not to say it can't be done.

This game is supposedly using RE Engine...which was initially developed for Resident Evil 7. So it's a pretty unique engine that isn't widely used.
DMC5SE is using the same engine and seems to have no problem on the PS5 tho.

Probably fud but one thing that I had wondered was how Sony will tackle resolution.

PS4 did have sub 1080 games but very few, it seems to be from some games that struggled a silent but firm steering to 1080 was in place. Will they try and do the same to 4k or will they accept Xbox will claim native and they will be 1800 or whatever it scales to.
Imho this is the last of Sony trouble.... 1800 vs true 4K is IMHO almost unnoticed to the most.

Not sure if this is the thread for it but...think Series X can run Flight Simulator at 4k?

It benches with a 5700XT at 4k at 20 FPS Ultra settings. 2080Ti=35 FPS. I believe the series X GPU should get that to solid 30 in theory. Which all reviews say 30 is good for this game.

But basically we already have a game next gen will struggle with and it's not out yet LOL. The rat race never ends.

They are working on better multicore support and a dx12 path. So i would assume we don't see the game on xbox until those two things are done which should help performance

Well, now he has a new rumor about Switch Pro and all the sudden he's credible again I guess (being spread around other forums).

Point being we seem to pick and choose what we believe is true insidery info from "insiders". Pretty clearly a fanboy though.

Back