Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales [PS4, PS5, PC]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
Don't get your hopes up. Someone needs to create that endless supply of assets.

Well, they did create a near 1:1 sized manhatan for the first game... Procedural tools was a big part of that. Same strategy can be used for the interiors.

Is this part of PS+ Collection? I don't recall if Spider Man was part of it

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/09/sony_confirms_spider-man_ps5_remaster_is_not_a_free_upgrade
In a statement to Kotaku, Sony has confirmed that the upcoming Marvel's Spider-Man: Remastered on PS5 will not be available as a free upgrade to those who own Marvel's Spider-Man on PS4.

The next-gen remaster features a load of upgrades, both graphical and technical, while also offering its own separate Trophy list. It's basically being promoted as a new release, and as such, your save data from the original Marvel's Spider-Man on PS4 won't carry over.

Sony is really sh**ing on it's base recently (i.e., poor messaging, vague exclusives, paying for upgrades, etc.). :rolleyes:
You get the remaster as long as you buy the PS5 SM:MM $70 ?
But you don't get it if you buy SM:MM PS4? because there is no $70 variant?

interesting. I guess with PS+ Collection I'm just trying things, so I'm not going to be too upset by it. Thanks for the heads up, sorta got me worried about the rest of the collection, hopefully they are putting in the PS5 remasters in there or something. 1 title ok. But if none of the titles are PS5 enhanced in the collection and they expect everyone to pay for remasters -- that would be upsetting but perhaps the word insulting would be better.

If they are to entice me to come to PS5, by offering me a list of a collection of their greatest games from PS4, remaster them to showcase these greatest titles on PS5, but then give me the PS4 one and ask me to pay for the PS5 one. That's fairly backwards imo.

It's like buying a UHD 4K player and it comes with 10 movies that are all 1080p DVD quality. Bundle/Pack-in games with consoles were there so that you could experience what the console has to offer.

Last edited:
"For the Payers"
Not surprising in this case....Insomniac never bothered to update Sunset Override for Xbox One X (just a simple res bump!) even though they had all the work already done for the PC release (Steam only)...

Last edited:
But if none of the titles are PS5 enhanced in the collection and they expect everyone to pay for remasters -- that would be upsetting but perhaps the word insulting would be better.

Insulting, I think, is exactly the word.

Every game in the PS+ collection was profitable. And now they're using them as a selling point for the PS5. Fair enough. But it's increasingly looking likely that they're going to use them as a selling point without putting their hands in their pockets and enhancing them at all.

I bought almost every game in that collection. If the best I can expect from them is their PS4 Pro mode - on a £450 console, which is £25 more than the PS3's launch price - then Sony have proven that they've paid no attention to the widespread praise that Microsoft have received for their backwards compatibility work.

We'll see, but it seems that Jim Ryan is doing his best to make me, a lifelong PlayStation gamer, buy a PC.

Very weird choice. I will get MM + Spiderman Remastered as I didn't buy a PS4 but it's a moronic decision for current owners. There should be an upgrade path, even if it cost 10-20$.

Or, given that the game sold 15 million copies, most between £50-70, upgrade it for free. Like Hello Games keep doing with NMS, and like CDPR are doing with The Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk. And they're both following that approach just for the purpose of selling a game, not for the purpose of selling a platform.

Sure, there's a cost to creating higher quality assets. But those higher quality assets are all being created for Miles Morales!

I don't like the way this is being handled at all, and I will not be buying Miles Morales at launch. Thankfully, I'm getting the disc PS5, so I can get this second hand at some point. I'm sure my sale won't be missed.

Screen_Shot_2020-09-23_at_3.31.05_PM.png

It is possible to buy Miles Morales and buy into the in game menu buy the remaster later. But if people don't want to buy the remaster they can play the Spiderman PS4 version.

From what they told Spiderman Remasterd is to take the game to same level than Mile Morales PS5.

It's a remaster and not an up-port and that's how they want to go forward with it. Sony is really going to come out of this as the premium console, they are willing to put in the time and money to make big blockbuster titles with high budgets etc, and instead of up-porting, they go after costly remasters. This is the premium console experience, it comes with a price and I see Sony sort of positioning themselves in this space.

The results are better than a standard port, but you just have to be willing to pay.

It's interesting that they've pursued the "Apple of gaming" title not by having a series of devices and services that all work together perfectly, but just by jumping straight to the overcharging part.
Yea, it sorta seems like that.

Not offering an upgrade really isn't anti-consumer. I guess it's like, just because you have the DVD of Pacific Rim, doesn't entitle you to the 4K UHD version just because 4K came out. I get that. I can see some parallels in that sense.

Like for me, I just feel like and as you alluded to earlier, it was a missed opportunity to gain goodwill from their customers. If you're going to release the PS+ collection of games, I would hope all of them would be the PS5 editions. That's just instant goodwill and love towards their new purchased console, because you get to see it sing from the get go. If you're given the inferior version and being asked to upgrade, it just feels sort of icky. I appreciate PS+ Collection being free, but you didn't give me an appreciable reason to not borrow a PS4 Pro and just play the titles on that over PS5.

Back