PC Game Pass, now includes EA Play! [PCGP, XGP:PC]

Supposedly the first month's payment after the 17th will remain at $5, then it will rise to $10. So you might get another €4 month. Does it tell you what you'll be charged as well as the date somewhere in your MS account (subscriptions)?

Supposedly the first month's payment after the 17th will remain at $5, then it will rise to $10. So you might get another €4 month. Does it tell you what you'll be charged as well as the date somewhere in your MS account (subscriptions)?
still says 3,99€, so I guess you are right. If they keep up like this, they have set me for life, as long as quality stands.

v2dpylL.png

anyone been playing age of empires 3 and wants to get a game ?
the game comes out in october. I had the original game on a Gamestop service which had an online store, called Impulse, but the service closed forever.

Anyone having issues with the app? Yesterday I couldn't open it (it does open but shows a black screen). Uninstalled the application and now the installer crashes when I open it. Kudos to you MS and to your QA team.

Still working here, but as I've said before the architecture is very clearly a fragile piece of shit ... putting a second invisible layer of file system access controls under the standard one and having both those systems interact is just a recipe for hard to diagnose, fix and predict bugs.

They need to put out a tool which can initialize the filesystem permissions (hidden and normal) for the entire App directory to a known working state. Also looking farther ahead they should ditch that whole sorry excuse for DRM and come up with something better . I'd prefer if they just containerized the apps as a single file and stopped trying to jury rig the DRM into the normal filesystem.

Last edited:
A game service should not lock me out of my own hard drive
With a requirement to be able to lockout an end user due to GamePass being a subscription service and to prevent simple pirating of downloaded games, what's your suggestion on best alternative?

Anyone having issues with the app? Yesterday I couldn't open it (it does open but shows a black screen). Uninstalled the application and now the installer crashes when I open it. Kudos to you MS and to your QA team.

Managed to fix it by downloading the latest .NET framework.

Dishonored 2 to leave gamepass 30th of this month -this I doubt now but that's how it was listed-.

Also Halo 3 ODST has been added. It's about darn time they add HDR to Halo on PC, hope they did now.

Last edited:
With a requirement to be able to lockout an end user due to GamePass being a subscription service and to prevent simple pirating of downloaded games, what's your suggestion on best alternative?

Isn't almost all gamepass games are available on the usual high seas?

Because the games also comes out on steam, etc, and they are often pirated day 1 or a few days before release.

Isn't almost all gamepass games are available on the usual high seas?

Because the games also comes out on steam, etc, and they are often pirated day 1 or a few days before release.
This is bad. Many games will not come to PC anymore if this is still going on....

Just found this for those of you who have performance issues (nearly everyone) with the GoW Win10 Ultimate Edition.

https://forums.gearsofwar.com/t/gow-ultimate-edition-for-windows-10-rtx-2080-35-fps/30097/7

Game is much more stable now.
yup, basically everyone has had issues with the game's performance, it doesnt like to run at a 60fps framerate at least, it should be the minimum taking into account where the game comes from.

On another note, I am running Halo ODST and Halo 3 at a steady 165fps 1440p. However, HDR is listed in the features description yet they didnt implement it for now -it's disappointing-.

yup, basically everyone has had issues with the game's performance, it doesnt like to run at a 60fps framerate at least, it should be the minimum taking into account where the game comes from.

On another note, I am running Halo ODST and Halo 3 at a steady 165fps 1440p. However, HDR is listed in the features description yet they didnt implement it for now -it's disappointing-.

The game still retains a beauty of its own. Unreal 3 did look pretty good back in the day.

ApplicationFrameHost_e44WxteX1H.jpg

That's actually extremely generous of MS if you don't need Ultimate to get access to EA Play on Game Pass PC.

I have no plan to get Ultimate so that's great.

Regards,
SB
if you want o have gamepass for "free", you can use MS Rewards. Those rewards can be changed for GP Ultimate cards or just for money -dollars and €- cards that you can spend on games or whatever. I use MS Rewards regularly and I have like 15000 points -15€- as of now, which basically means a free game or a month of GP Ultimate, etc.

Many people are doing this and it works well.

Back