Next-Generation Gaming Pre-Orders Poll [2020-09]

Which next-generation pre-order(s) did you secure, or tried securing?

• Secured PS5 (SE) Pre-Order

Votes: 26 48.1%
  • Secured PS5 (DE) Pre-Order

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Secured XBSS Pre-Order

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • Secured XBSX Pre-Order

Votes: 24 44.4%
  • RTX 3080 Purchased

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • RTX 3080 Received

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Secured RTX 3090 Pre-Order

• Unable to Secure PS5 (SE) and/or PS5 (DE) Pre-Order

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Unable to Secure XBSS and/or XBSX Pre-Order

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Unable to Secure RTX 3090 Pre-Order

• Total voters

Shortbread

Island Hopper
Legend
Can we get a count on the forum who got their pre-orders? Maybe a poll? The breakdown probably all $500 models, but would still be neat to see how many who tried & failed to get theirs.

Tommy McClain
so-let-it-be-written-so-let-it-be-done.jpg

What's the difference between these 2 choices?

1. Secured RTX 3080 Order
  2. Received RTX 3080 Order

What's the difference between these 2 choices?

1. Secured RTX 3080 Order
  2. Received RTX 3080 Order

1. You actually ordered the card.
2. You actually have the card now.

Edit: Maybe I'll change it to purchased.
Edit 2: I have no editing powers on poll options. :nope:

Oh. Okay. I wasn't sure if that was to be "Unable to secure RTX 3080" option.

1. You actually ordered the card.
2. You actually have the card now.

Edit: Maybe I'll change it to purchased.
Edit 2: I have no editing powers on poll options. :nope:

What options do you want listed / changed?
Maybe best to delete the poll and let you recreate it before it gets too many votes?

Last edited:
What options do you want listed / changed?
Maybe best to delete the poll and let you recreate it before it gets too many votes?

Just wanted to change "Secured RTX 3080 Order" to "RTX 3080 Purchased."

Not a biggie...

Secured a PS5 (disk edition) preorder and I would like to get an X, never got an Xbox this generation so if I had been a little smarter about this I would have bought that first and enjoyed the best of what MS has to offer while we wait for titles to start trickling in for both systems. Hopefully that will be possible in the coming weeks.

I have a preorder for PS5 DE at a store but also know I won’t get one from the first batch.

I have a PS5 disc pre-order, a XSX pre-order, and have not been able to get a 3080 order in.

I won't keep both console pre-orders. I'm trying to decide what a really want to do.

1. I will end up with 1 console for sure.
2. I would prefer to have a PS5 digital to the disc one
3. Other than Demon's Souls, I'm not really interested in any other PS5 cross gen Sony game.
4. Gamepass is becoming more appealing with $70 games and also Xbox has games there that I missed out on.
5. As much as I want a 3080, after 6+ months of WFH due to covid, I don't really want to sit at a desk longer than my workday to play games.

Decisions, decisions, decisions, but most likely I'll end up with a 3080 and a PS5. If MS didn't put their stuff on PC, it would be Xbox hands down.

I have a PS5 disc pre-order, a XSX pre-order, and have not been able to get a 3080 order in.

I won't keep both console pre-orders. I'm trying to decide what a really want to do.

1. I will end up with 1 console for sure.
2. I would prefer to have a PS5 digital to the disc one
3. Other than Demon's Souls, I'm not really interested in any other PS5 cross gen Sony game.
4. Gamepass is becoming more appealing with $70 games and also Xbox has games there that I missed out on.
5. As much as I want a 3080, after 6+ months of WFH due to covid, I don't really want to sit at a desk longer than my workday to play games.

Decisions, decisions, decisions, but most likely I'll end up with a 3080 and a PS5. If MS didn't put their stuff on PC, it would be Xbox hands down.
i went through the exact same thing as you.
In the end I chose to go with XSX and PS5. Dropped the 3080. The price just wasn't worth it. I can wait for a more stable time. The price of 2 consoles for 1 GPU.

Got 3 PS5 preorders and 2 XSX (different/backup retailers). Which is more or less all I wanted. I'm pretty content. Both were pretty hairy but especially XBox's preorders today were pretty brutal, so I'm happy to have come away with some. Xbox could have easily gone either way, I could have easily gotten zero.

BTW same poll on Era, ouch again for XSS. Lot closer Ps5/XSX spread than usual polls

WgaNc8i.png

Appears most people got what they wanted.

i went through the exact same thing as you.
In the end I chose to go with XSX and PS5. Dropped the 3080. The price just wasn't worth it. I can wait for a more stable time. The price of 2 consoles for 1 GPU.

Good side effect you can tell yourself, it's possible AMD's offerings could offer more value in a ~month (499 for 3080 performance etc?) so now you can wait and find out.

BTW maybe you could add Oculus Quest 2...I'm probably the only one who preorder that :LOL:

Last edited:
Got 3 PS5 preorders and 2 XSX (different/backup retailers). Which is more or less all I wanted. I'm pretty content. Both were pretty hairy but especially XBox's preorders today were pretty brutal, so I'm happy to have come away with some. Xbox could have easily gone either way, I could have easily gotten zero.

BTW same poll on Era, ouch again for XSS. Lot closer Ps5/XSX spread than usual polls

WgaNc8i.png

Good side effect you can tell yourself, it's possible AMD's offerings could offer more value in a ~month (499 for 3080 performance etc?) so now you can wait and find out.
Target and Amazon were a breeze for me for XSX. Same for PS5 with Target. Best Buy was brutal for both, which stinks because it was my primary choice due to pick up.

I had no issues with either XSX or PS5 on Amazon but both times I lucked into the consoles as Amazon seemed to put them up at really odd times and I just happened to do a refresh.

I’m locked to nvidia ecosystem for GPUs. When DS libraries run on AMD I will go over. Until then I’m stuck with cuda.

On this point: BTW same poll on Era, ouch again for XSS

There was very little allocation of Series S. They entire allocation was nearly all Series X

Last edited:
where is the amd graphics card options lol

That is currently my plan. 6900xt or whatever or if it sucks a 3080

WgaNc8i.png

BTW maybe you could add Oculus Quest 2...I'm probably the only one who preorder that :LOL:

I wouldn't expect the XSS to be popular at most enthusiast boards. This is going to be for the more casual gamer.

My understanding is that stock for MS on both systems is very high , their highest for a launch ever and that is each sku not combined.

We can revisit this in November. :LOL:
fair enough .

I am for the first time ever not buying a new console at a launch. I've been around from the nes (i was born when the intelivision came out) and while i was younger i got every console from the turbo graphics 16 and up on launc day... aside from sony consoles lol. I never actually owned a sony console except for a used ps2 that i had for a few months to play zone of enders and a few other games and then i returned. Oh and a psp and i won a vita

where is the amd graphics card options lol

They haven't officially announced any next-generation cards, nor pre-orders.

Anyhow, my vendor was able to secure a pair of 3090s for me... hopefully, I should have them by this Saturday. And I had no luck as of now, on trying to secure a PS5 (SE).

Back