Days Gone (Sony Bend) [PS4, PC]

It's a world that can be expanded and needs a sequel to flesh out the experience. You could get a feel for the limitations Bend hit during development and with the PS5 the majority of those will be gone. I dread to think what size the hordes will grow to...

I wonder if Naughty Dog have ever contemplated expanding the LOU universe into an open worlder like this? Maybe Sony should try getting it's studios to overlap their creations so that we get a richer, and more contiguous, universe to play in.

Speaking of that...

I hear that Naughty Dog wants to include a multiplayer factions thingy, that they omitted in he initial release. It was already sort of leaked back in August, with one solitary screenshot appearing on many websites.

Speaking of that...

I hear that Naughty Dog wants to include a multiplayer factions thingy, that they omitted in he initial release. It was already sort of leaked back in August, with one solitary screenshot appearing on many websites.
That's not new. It was to be a seperate release from the game as metioned by Naughty Dog last year(or beginning this year). I am patiently waiting to see what they have come up with.

I wonder if Naughty Dog have ever contemplated expanding the LOU universe into an open worlder like this? Maybe Sony should try getting it's studios to overlap their creations so that we get a richer, and more contiguous, universe to play in.

I for one would love an open world game set in the LoU universe...just think of a DayZ type game crossed with Days Gone and LoU.

Yep.
That scientist who had Deacon doing errands for him, was revealed to be a Freaker himself, but one that has retained his intelligence. It's definitely going to be quite interesting to see where they go from here with the story, and learn about how the Freakers are supposedly evolving...

Last edited by a moderator:
Days Gone Gets A Massive 25 GB Update Before PS5 Launch
The hefty patch will make the zombie apocalypse sandbox a whole lot more stable.

Open-world zombie apocalypse game Days Gone just received a new update, and it's a chunky one that improves overall stability and addresses several issues that caused the Sony Bend-developed title to crash. Measuring in at a whopping 25 GB, the update brings Days Gone up to version 1.70. The patch notes are surprisingly short as well:

Added operational stability improvements
Addressed crashing issues
Fixed framerate drop and lag issues
Performance and stability performance

Days Gone will be one of several games in the PS Plus Collection alongside Bloodborne, God of War, and Persona 5, those will be available for PlayStation 5 PS Plus subscribers when the new console launches in November. Like many of those games, it'll take advantage of the PS5 hardware to improve its frame rate and loading times, features which The Last of Us Part II began preparing for with a patch of its own that has already dramatically improved its load times on PS4.

Read More:
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/days-gone-gets-a-massive-25-gb-update-before-ps5-launch/1100-6483911/

NG+ confirmed.

Last edited:
Wow that's a huge difference in file size. Wasn't expecting that. So Cerny wasn't lying after all that game sizes will be relatively smaller.

I might be remembering wrong but the previous large patch dropped the size to like 33GB ?
I think the original de-bigger patch resulted in a smaller install size of around 38Gb. NX notes that after that particular patch, the game exhibited slightly longer load times and NX's conjecture is Bend may have switched compression schemes for textures from zlib to Kraken/Oodle. PS4 has hardware-zlib decompression but not Kraken so that's a logical deduction.

If this is the case, and Days Gone is using Kraken/Oodle-compressed textures with a bespoke CPU/GPU decompressor, what will happen when Days Gone runs on PS5 where the I/O block will presumably decompress those textures automatically and serve them to the CPU/GPU decompressor.. which hopefully will recognise the texture is already decompressed? :???:

Perhaps @Graham can clarify/hint?

One of the jarring things of Days Gone, was the more cinematic moments where gameplay and footage were separated by loads, sometimes longer than the segments of gameplay of footage.

I think I've got confused:runaway::D because there is another more recent 20GB patch I think but it might be old I'm not sure. First time I tried playing in awhile.

Edit: I'm getting even more confused now, it seems this year that is 2020 has somehow even made me stupider, or is that more stupid ? God now I have totally lost it :confused:

Edit: I'm getting even more confused now, it seems this year that is 2020 has somehow even made me stupider, or is that more stupid ? God now I have totally lost it :confused:
You may have caught covid-19iq, aka the coronamadness. Welcome to the club.

I’m really enjoying this on my PS5 - essentially grinding for the plat but it hardly feels a chore, kind of reminds me of when I was doing the same on RDR where, regardless of the repetition, it was pretty fun just playing to the point of chilling now.

There’s a couple things that can be improved, like more varied side missions and loot respawning less (and add ability to get fuel from stranded cars), but I’m looking forward to getting the plat (failed on RDR due to stupid online ones) ane day playing NG+ and hopefully a sequel.

Back