How to sell next-gen consoles, Marketing, Positioning, and Pricing [2020]

If Sony is loosing money on consoles production and MS is now putting a lot of Bethesda & Zenimax games day one on gamepass the today console sales are not so much relevant.... today's news are game changers.

If Sony is loosing money on consoles production and MS is now putting a lot of Bethesda & Zenimax games day one on gamepass the today console sales are not so much relevant.... today's news are game changers.
You think MS isn't loosing money on the consoles production?

I have no idea where to ask this one so mods feel free to mover or del

When pre ordering the Series X I am unsure if I want to go All Access or straight up purchase.

If I pre order via game as All Access, can I convert to just buying the hardware outright. If not I may place an Amazon order as backup, but when can I cancel the All Access, is that times from order or from recipient of hardware?

I've emailed game but do not expect a response before pre order opens tomorrow.

Check the FAQ.. I found this...

Are there any fees for my Klarna line of credit for Xbox All Access?

There are no application fees, no annual fees, nor early repayment fees for your Klarna financing agreement for Xbox All Access. However, missing payments can have serious consequences for you. Your credit rating may be affected which will make it more difficult or more expensive for you to obtain credit in the future.

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-all-access#faq

Sounds like how it works in the US. Your line of credit is with a 3rd party & not Game or Microsoft. In the US, it's Citizen's One. They both allow you to pay it off early with no fees.

Tommy McClain

Where is that poll from? It looks like maybe Twitter but I couldn't find it from what their profile showed.

Pre release polls like these aren't really representative to what actually sells, anyway. Most people are going to pick what they think is "best" but it doesn't mean that when they go to buy a console that the economic factors or immediacy bias doesn't rear it's head and make those pie in the sky preferences disappear. For instance, it could be the case that a person wants a console TODAY to play with their friends, and assuming if their preferred game is crossplay compatible, they may buy, say, a PS5 all digital over a Series X, even though they prefer Xbox but not more than they prefer $100. Or maybe they go with a Series S because the digital Only PS5 is not in stock anywhere and $500 is over their budget.

Yeah MS is going all-in on the Game Pass with that acquisition.

I've never played Bethesda games but I know they're hugely popular.

Either the subscription business-model reshapes the console market or it's a nice option for the hardcore who play enough per month for it to be worth it to them.

Yeah MS is going all-in on the Game Pass with that acquisition.

I've never played Bethesda games but I know they're hugely popular.

Either the subscription business-model reshapes the console market or it's a nice option for the hardcore who play enough per month for it to be worth it to them.
I've largely not played their titles either.
So when they do come to gamepass, I will indulge!

The more I think about the Zenimax acquisition, the more insane it gets. Other than the studios now part of THQ Nordic (the Gothic/Risen/Arcana) and Larian (Divinity, and the New Baldur's Gate) and CDPR, MS has the lion's share of the western RPG market. Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Pillars, Wasteland, Torment, Outer Worlds, Tyranny... Not sure who owns Bard's Tale. But, MS has like half the market and it's mostly the top half. I never saw this coming. Honestly, I was hoping MS would pick up the WB Games Studios so they could get Monolith and have them make a new Perfect Dark game that was really just a No One Lives Forever sequel without the license.

"Never pay for Skyrim again!"
With XCloud you can finally play a mainline Elder Scrolls game on your phone.

In the spirit of - “How to sell next gen consoles, marketing, positioning etc “ I propose a new slogan.

"Never pay for Skyrim again!"
I'm going to Gamestop in a couple of hours for the XSX order... [emoji16]. Before I was almost sure to not having to trouble ordering mi XSX but now, after the news, I've some worries [emoji2957]

I've got my Microsoft Rewards cashed in & a few gift cards redeemed & I'm ready for ordering on the Microsoft Store. I've heard Australia has already had their pre-orders & there was delayed payments & other issues. Seems like it sold out quick, but more stock was added.

Tommy McClain

Back