FREE Games List [2008-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Epic freebies:

For ~20hrs:
*Total War: Troy (sign up for a totalwar.com account and link it to Epic to also get the first DLC, Amazons, for free when it comes out in September)

For the week:
*Remnant: From the Ashes
*Alto Adventures

For?:
*Ep.2 of that “3 out of 10” game that I thought was a TV show (webisode?) also free.

Bethesda launcher:
*Quake II now
*Quake 3 in a few days

Apparently Total War:Troy had 7.5million downloads which is rather more than sales of recent TW titles.
On the face of it they missed out on a bunch of revenue, on the other they seem to be banking on earning a bunch of sales of older titles & DLC from new converts to TW series & I hope that will work out.

Could be hilarious if Epic/whoever promised Creative Assembly a nominal $ payment per-download budgeting for a much smaller number of downloads -> someone might get fired :runaway:

Apparently they (Epic and I suppose deal aggregators like Humble and Twitch and probably also subscription services like Game Pass) pay a flat fee for some if not all of these bundled/giveaway/subscription titles.

But if anyone can afford per claim downloaded, it would be Epic.

Into the Breach free at Epic (again, I think) for the next week.

Borderlands 2: Commander Lillith... DLC is also free at Epic.

Far Cry 3 theoretically free via Ubi's Chinese site and using a mobile browser (or setting your browser to mobile mode). It was also free previously (outside of China).

Into the Breach free at Epic (again, I think) for the next week.

Borderlands 2: Commander Lillith... DLC is also free at Epic.

Far Cry 3 theoretically free via Ubi's Chinese site and using a mobile browser (or setting your browser to mobile mode). It was also free previously (outside of China).

Thanks! I wasn't seeing the Commander Lilith offer within the game launcher, but I scored it from the Epic site after logging in, and now its being downloaded.
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/borderlands-2/commander-lilith
I guess outside of the US you need a nation specific link?

Edit: P.S.
It was free for its first month on Steam, and now it's free again on the Epic Games Store. Which is nice, because it's the one DLC that isn't bundled in with the Borderlands Handsome Collection they gave away for free in May. You've got until October 2 to add it to your account.

https://www.pcgamer.com/borderlands-2s-commander-lilith-dlc-is-free-on-epic/

Really recommend picking up the free Into the Breach at Epic.

This is one of those easy to learn hard to master games that you might just find yourself still playing at 3am wondering where the day went. Love it!

The Witcher 3 Next-Gen will be free

CD Projekt RED has just announced its plans to release a next-gen version of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. According to the team, this next-gen version will be available on the PC, will be free to all owners of the base game, and will support Ray Tracing. The Witcher 3 Next-Gen will feature a range of visual and technical improvements - including ray tracing and faster loading times. These improvements will be present across the base game, both expansions, and all extra content. In short, PC gamers will receive this enhanced version of The Witcher 3 via a future update. CD Projekt RED has not revealed when this next-gen version of The Witcher 3 will come out.

Get Death Rally (Classic) For Free
Remedy Entertainment announces that they are celebrating their 25th anniversary by making their debut game permanently free. You can now pick up Death Rally (Classic) for Windows and macOS on Steam for nothing. Here's a refresher on this top-down battle racing game first released in 1996:
Prepare to be blown away, literally. Race for the finish line, leaving a trail of burnt rubber and spent brass behind you… along with the flaming wreckage of anyone reckless enough to get in your way.
Pick up more ammo and turbo from the side of the track, and floor the pedal while performing some shady deals for The Dealer. No trick is too dirty when you're preparing for The Final Confrontation. Only the hardest armor, the most powerful engine and the biggest guns will see you through the ultimate battle against The Adversary.

And when you feel you can't take it anymore, you can check out the underground market. Spiked bumpers, landmines, rocket fuel or sabotage can provide a way to create some nasty accidents for the competition.

Epic Store:

Spellbreak - Spellbreak is a multiplayer action-spellcasting game where you unleash your inner battlemage. Master elemental magic to fit your playstyle and cast powerful spell combinations to dominate other players across the Hollow Lands.
Railway Empire - In Railway Empire, you will create an elaborate and wide-ranging rail network, purchase over 40 different trains modelled in extraordinary detail, and buy or build railway stations, factories and attractions to keep your network ahead of the competition.
Where the Water Tastes Like Wine - Where the Water Tastes Like Wine is a Narrative-Adventure game about traveling, sharing stories, and surviving manifest destiny. Players wander across a folkloric Depression era United States at their own pace, meeting strangers with their own stories to tell.
3 out of 10, EP 5: "The Rig Is Up!" - Join the ongoing adventures of developers at the world's worst video game studio as they endure antics both absurd and topical. This week Pylon and Kevin set out on an adventure to fix Pylon’s missing… face.
SLUDGE LIFE is a first-person / open-world / vandalism-centric stroll through a polluted island full of cranky idiots and a vibe so thick you can taste it. (Was free before)
Delores: A Thimbleweed Park mini-adventure - The year is 1988. Adventure game developer Delores Edmund, on hiatus from her job at MMucasFlem Games, has returned to Thimbleweed Park for a quick vacation. While she’s home, she’s making some extra money as a photographer for the Thimbleweed Nickel News. Hey, game developers need to eat, too!

-------------------

Next week - Stick it to the Man - This is one of the first free Indie titiles I played via PS Plus and I can recommend.

-------------------

Other Epic Store free games - Diabotical, Fortnite, Trackmania, M&M Chess Royale, Auto Chess, SMITE, Paladins, Magic the Gathering Arena, Battle Brekers,The Cycle, Dauntless

Last edited:
Football Manager 2020 and Watch Dogs 2 are free
Epic Games has been offering a number of free games for a few months to pick up on its store. This week, the American studio is offering three games: Football Manager 2020, Watch Dogs 2 and Stick It To The Man. To get them, the manipulation is very simple. All you need to do is log into your Epic Games account and go to the Free Games tab (or click on this link directly). Once you've downloaded the games, they'll be yours for life! However, be quick. This offer is only valid until September 24!
EDIT :
September 24 Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 is free

Last edited:
I noticed Spellbreak and Hyper Scape for free on PlayStation Store(although they are also free on Epic iirc). Also Life is Strange Episode 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back