Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

The redeem I suspect will be possible only for today accounts and only once per each console... Sony decided to make a harsh cut to physical... this is my impression. Who loves the physical media is better moves to Microsoft. In XSX you may play with even original Xbox disks almost 20 years old..

What's hard to understand? You should be able to "redeem" it on any number of accounts, but in order to play it you must have the disk in that particular PS5. Unless you can magically duplicate physical copies there doesn't seem to be any loophole there.

Why is this sort of FUD, misinformation, and blatant lying allowed in technical discussion?

I thought part of the point of this gen was that only the part of the game you needed was on the SSD this saving space?

So if you have a digital version of the game you should download stuff from the net when you need more? Or copy from disk if its physical? Are you talking about multiplayer? In that case, I do belive Spiderman is single player only.

So if you have a digital version of the game you should download stuff from the net when you need more? Or copy from disk if its physical? Are you talking about multiplayer? In that case, I do belive Spiderman is single player only.

I just recall something to that effect during the Cerny presentation. I guess Spider man being open world isn’t a great example- but a story driven game could be downloading the next level while playing and delete the one you’ve just played through (or have the option to).

What's hard to understand? You should be able to "redeem" it on any number of accounts, but in order to play it you must have the disk in that particular PS5. Unless you can magically duplicate physical copies there doesn't seem to be any loophole there.

Why is this sort of FUD, misinformation, and blatant lying allowed in technical discussion?
Because of lack of official informations. Simple.

Then if the physical copy is enough why they ask to redeem... ? Please answer. Ms doesn't ask any redeem. Just put the disk, download the appropriate code and play... Something is different. Do you see it ? So my suspects are founded or at least legit.

Then if the physical copy is enough why they ask to redeem... ? Please answer. Ms doesn't ask any redeem. Just put the disk, download the appropriate code and play... Something is different. Do you see it ? So my suspects are founded or at least legit.
I believe it’s a limited time offer, so the likelihood is only legit owners will upgrade

Read the original footnote.
upload_2020-9-21_3-49-58.png

upload_2020-9-21_3-47-56.png

Everything is "may" because it probably isn't up to Sony to decide if they want to allow you to upgrade for free, and for how long. It's most likely up to the publishers. And hey, Sony STATES that it's up to the publishers to decide. Way to go to blame Sony?
Sony can't suddenly force all publishers to provide an upgrade for free. That'll just result in publishers simply refusing to make one and/or renaming the game and selling it as another title.

The description here is clear on how you will find the upgrade (if publishers allow it) if you have the disk version, and that is by simply inserting it into the console and you'll find the upgrade path. I don't believe that it's an issue of unclear notation but wanting something out of nothing and making it a big deal.

We're not talking about about the upgraded versions of Pro/X that will run the vanilla code/assets fine here. This is more like getting PS4 versions when you buy PS3 versions back in 2014 and pretty much nobody allowed that.

Last edited:
Read the original footnote.
View attachment 4660

View attachment 4659

Everything is "may" because it probably isn't up to Sony to decide if they want to allow you to upgrade for free, and for how long. It's most likely up to the publishers.

The description here is clear on how you will find the upgrade (if publishers allow it) if you have the disk version, and that is by simply inserting it into the console and you'll find the upgrade path. I don't believe that it's an issue of unclear notation but wanting something out of nothing and making it a big deal.

We're not talking about about the upgraded versions of Pro/X that will run the vanilla code/assets fine here. This is more like getting PS4 versions when you buy PS3 versions back in 2014 and pretty much nobody allowed that.
Yes. And that's the bad news. I agree. That's why is a good idea to keep the ps4pro having titles left to play.... (Also many titles coming will run anyways on pro)....

Why? PS5 will run them fine anyway, just with PS4/PS4 pro assets.
So now we're spinning this as a negative?
Where did you get this info ? It's not me inventing here. We don't know if it's gonna run on ps5 with ps4-pro assets. Hopefully... Well publishers may want to gain something... So they may give you an incentive to upgrade to the full 60 fps ps5 version. I can understand that. It's also fine to pay something to have more... Anyways will see.

Where did you get this info ? It's not me inventing here. We don't know if it's gonna run on ps5 with ps4-pro assets. Hopefully... Well publishers may want to gain something... So they may give you an incentive to upgrade to the full 60 fps ps5 version. I can understand that. It's also fine to pay something to have more... Anyways will see.
There is no such thing as PS4 Pro assets. PS4 Pro games are PS4 game run at higher resolution.

71363_59_ps5s-boost-mode-is-so-powerful-that-some-ps4-games-cant-handle-it_full.png

It doesn't, this was covered in the Mark Cerny talk. Some PS4 patches will result in a whole new series of game file being written and so old and new both exist at the same time. This is intended to improve HDD seek and read times which are not a consideration on an SSD.
Hmmm I’m not sure the two points you mentioned are related, as in my understanding you improve HDD performance by duplicating some data. Whereas the space reserved for update is like some kind of swap or recovery point, so you can cancel the update half way without needing to delete the whole game. But if it indeed does not reserve space for update, it’s relieving to hear!

The redeem I suspect will be possible only for today accounts and only once per each console... Sony decided to make a harsh cut to physical... this is my impression. Who loves the physical media is better moves to Microsoft. In XSX you may play with even original Xbox disks almost 20 years old..
I keep hearing fanboys saying this however it's not true. You think MS and 3rd party devs have only released 607 games since the inception of the original Xbox?

https://www.xbox.com/en-ZA/xbox-one/backward-compatibility/available-games

There's no Riddick: Escape from Butchers Bay or Black on that list! :devilish: Organising a protest march and a boycott of all MS products right now :runaway:
Ms doesn't ask any redeem. Just put the disk, download the appropriate code and play... Something is different. Do you see it ? So my suspects are founded or at least legit.
Well according to HBRU, you can just insert your disc and download the appropriate code and play. :LOL: Good luck!

Back