CYBERPUNK 2077 [XO, XBSX|S, PC, PS4, PS5]

I mean the details! What to expect notable differences etc.
You could be waiting a long time for that! At the investor call (I linked it above) CDPR wouldn't commit to releasing the big nextgen console version next year which sounds like it's more likely releasing in 2022 or later.

Cyberpunk 2077'w main story is shorter than Witcher 3, which I for one appreciate. I hope they have also removed convoluted quest structure, e.g. you need A from character B, but they will only part with if you get C from character D, who will only part if that if you can find sixty of item E. Then there were stretches which really added nothing, like at the end when Geralt was shuttling through world after world after world.

I know this is B3D, but is not the point of playing a game that it is fun/entertainment, not if it got 10 raytraced water puddles or 3? :D
If I know I'm buying an Ampere in the next 6 months, I'd personally wait to play it on that GPU instead of my Pascal. It's the same thing with current/next gen for those that care. If you're the kind of gamer that replays games often then it's probably not as important.

I guess in my situation I’m unlikely to play through something twice; at least titles like these. Since I’m going to do a single over, I figured I should play the best version of it. Sounds like they already cut back on story etc.
The alternative is to just play it; finish. And play the DLC with the improvements, but I’d rather work with known quantities

Man, I rarely do play games twice too, but I feel that if there is one title worth doing that for, this is that type of title. Given the amount of branching choices it affords (or claims to, at least)

You play first the way you feel like the most, finish it, and take some time off with other games as a palate cleanser. Some time later, do an "oposite-day" playthrough, trying to do completely different choices and strategies to what you had done the first time.

I did do that with GTAV when the remaster came, though honestly the options were meak, and their effect even meaker. I expect Cyberpunk to not be AS BAD as THAT, if nothing else.

Man, I rarely do play games twice too, but I feel that if there is one title worth doing that for, this is that type of title. Given the amount of branching choices it affords (or claims to, at least)

You play first the way you feel like the most, finish it, and take some time off with other games as a palate cleanser. Some time later, do an "oposite-day" playthrough, trying to do completely different choices and strategies to what you had done the first time.

I did do that with GTAV when the remaster came, though honestly the options were meak, and their effect even meaker. I expect Cyberpunk to not be AS BAD as THAT, if nothing else.
Yea. That’s not a bad idea. Play it one way. Say like good/bad dialogue choices. And then when DLC arrives (which it should) with the patch replay from start doing the polar opposite

If I know I'm buying an Ampere in the next 6 months, I'd personally wait to play it on that GPU instead of my Pascal. It's the same thing with current/next gen for those that care. If you're the kind of gamer that replays games often then it's probably not as important.

I am more the guy that, wow this new game seems great fun, how can i play it now.

The main story in CP2077 is shorter than The Witcher 3, but they added more side quests and encounters to the world. What they said recently in one of the interviews is that for speed runners, CP2077 will be a quicker game, but for completionists (me) it will be a much longer experience.
So this to me sounds like a 200h+ base game + unknown number of hours future expansions compared to TW3 which took me 150h base and 48h expansions :D

I hope CP2077 will be released as a cross platform purchase, so I can play it on both PC (for eye-candy) and on XBOXSEX when sharing my adventures with family on a big TV.

The main story in CP2077 is shorter than The Witcher 3, but they added more side quests and encounters to the world. What they said recently in one of the interviews is that for speed runners, CP2077 will be a quicker game, but for completionists (me) it will be a much longer experience.
I think this is a good move, for me at least. I kind of burned myself out on Witcher 3's many side diversions (apart from Gwent) then when I wanted to continue the story to see how it concluded I was still a good 20-25 hours from the end and it felt like a real slog getting. It didn't help that the final act was so drawn out with sequences that didn't move the plot forward. There is just so much alluring side content as you've travelling around!

For this reason, I'm willing to bet "PS5 patches" aren't really a thing (like they are on Xbox with Gears 5). So I would not expect TLOU2 or GoT (or any other game for that matter) to receive upgrades without them also coming out on PS5 - which I guess is what's gonna happen next year with Cyberpunk.

Does this make sense to anybody else? If so, where does boost mode fit in all of this? Is it a mode at all, like the one you can select on Pro?
Cyberpunk will get a PS5 patch before (until) the actual PS5 version is released. Not sure if that means they’ll add a user selectable PS5 mode within the PS4 version (like with a dynamic res and uncapped framerate) or release an early PS5 build (i.e., separate download with the PS4 disc acting as a license) that’s basically the PS4 version.

On the subject of Cyberpunk 2077 being playable on PS5 and Xbox Series X, the company said that the current-gen game will be playable on those consoles at launch with a next-gen patch that adds some improvements based on the horsepower of those consoles. "It will look better on next-generation consoles," the company said. However, a "more robust update" will come later. This next-gen edition will be free for everyone who bought Cyberpunk 2077 on PS4 or Xbox One. The full details on the upgrade scheme, however, have not been announced.

Another unknown is when exactly the new versions of Cyberpunk 2077 for PS5 and Xbox Series X will release. Management said on the call that they are unsure and undecided right now. It could be 2021, but it might not, the company said

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077s-ps5-and-xbox-series-x-versions-wil/1100-6478751/

Cyberpunk will get a PS5 patch before (until) the actual PS5 version is released. Not sure if that means they’ll add a user selectable PS5 mode within the PS4 version (like with a dynamic res and uncapped framerate) or release an early PS5 build (i.e., separate download with the PS4 disc acting as a license) that’s basically the PS4 version.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077s-ps5-and-xbox-series-x-versions-wil/1100-6478751/
But, at the point of sounding petulant (sorry :)), the original audio source doesn't mention a patch, they just say the game "will look better on next-generation consoles from day1" (which could be consistent with a PS5 boost mode, or all the various Series X BC enhancements) and that "a more robust update for next gen will be given free of charge".
The CD Projekt guy even mentions that "the technicalities behind it are a bit different" from what the interviewer suggested - and the official website also mentions a generic upgrade program, like those other games do. I think Gamespot just assumed there's a patch involved.

It's interesting either way. But I agree that, if there's a patch involved, putting a selectable PS5 mode inside the PS4 version would make most sense.

But, at the point of sounding petulant (sorry :)), the original audio source doesn't mention a patch, they just say the game "will look better on next-generation consoles from day1" (which could be consistent with a PS5 boost mode, or all the various Series X BC enhancements) and that "a more robust update for next gen will be given free of charge".
The CD Projekt guy even mentions that "the technicalities behind it are a bit different" from what the interviewer suggested - and the official website also mentions a generic upgrade program, like those other games do. I think Gamespot just assumed there's a patch involved.

It's interesting either way. But I agree that, if there's a patch involved, putting a selectable PS5 mode inside the PS4 version would make most sense.
I should be the one apologizing for assuming Gamespot knows what they’re talking about. Thanks for clarifying (assuming you know what you’re talking about ;) as I haven’t heard the interview). It’s actually heartening to know the game will look better on day one, because it seems to imply PS5’s BC mode will include at least some performance uplift for PS4 titles (if only because of greater IPC if the PS5 runs unpatched PS4 games at PS4 clocks).

I've also been guilty of referring to day one PS5 enhancements as a patch but I don't think it's been clarified yet. We do know there is a mandate from Sony for all PS4 games released from July to work on PS5 but that's compatibility. Eurogamer covered the investor call where CDPR explained this - alas not in any detail. We'll fine out soon enough! :yes:

If that's what it takes to give me the means to neglect my current girlfriend the way The Witcher 3 enabled me to neglect my previous girlfriend, then so be it.

Genuinely though, since crunch time seems to be unavoidable, I wonder how much it would help to make the non-crunch period a 4 day week. Mandatory crunch periods of a 5 day week wouldn't make many people's empathy do so little as twinge.

I think it boils down to choosing whether to safeguard the health of your workforce or making sure games get a game on an arbitrarily chosen date?

Delay the f’king game!

If it hadn't already been worked on for the last 8 years I could see them delaying. And with it timed around the launch of the next-gen I think any more delays & they will sacrifice some sales. By the time it does release other next-gen games will already have the attention. Sucks about crunch & sucks they pretty much lied about not doing crunch, but in the end they're a business & I suspect their business guidance depends on it shipping on time or they would have delayed it. If anybody that works there can't handle the crunch or their health is adversely affected by the crunch, then should definitely find more suitable work.

Tommy McClain

If it hadn't already been worked on for the last 8 years I could see them delaying. And with it timed around the launch of the next-gen I think any more delays & they will sacrifice some sales. By the time it does release other next-gen games will already have the attention.

first off, crunch sucks.

Secondly, I do not think they will sacrifice any sales by delaying, but it will of course incur more expenses. Which games will suck away sales from Cyberpunk, do you think? I also think that people have waited for this type of game and maybe especially a Cyberpunk game, would not mind waiting 3 more months.
Then again, I played the table top games, 2013 & 2020, way back when. I am a bit sad that we do not have a cyberspace and head jacks and cybernetics like in those games, now that we are in 2020. If its available by 2040, even though I'll be 67 then, I will get some cybernetic upgrades.

Why media doesn't expose this kind of work condition in other industries?

Crazy work hours, ridiculous deadlines, etc also happens in other industries. Including resident medical students in pandemic time.

Maybe if all are exposed, it will break the line, and people start to really care, and politicians will exploit it to boost their careers (e.g. Promises will revamp work law if elected, etc)

Edit:
There's also an option to release the game in broken state and let modders do their thing.

Unlike horizon Zero Dawn where modder's interest seems low, I'm have a feeling that cyberpunk will have tons of interest from modders

Back