List of exclusive PS4 (or PS4+PS5) games coming in 2020 and 2021?

orangpelupa

Elite Bug Hunter
Legend
  • The new horizon zero dawn
  • The new spider man

anything else?

googling around, a bunch of sites lists games but they got multiplatforms and console exclusives mixed up. Im looking for playstation exclusives that will come to PS4 (or PS4 AND PS5).

Gran Turismo? Demon Souls? Rachet and Clank?

I mean demon souls is on the ps3 but yea the remake seems exclusive for now. I don't know when Gran turismo is hitting it could be 2022 ? Rachet would be one.

God of war is most likely a 2021 exclusive and horizon zero dawn right ?

Wait a sec, all of them also comes to ps4? I thought Sony is doing "generation" thing?

So that why ratchet and Clank dimension warp portal thingy looks sooooooo gimmicky and not revolutionary. They are held back by ps4

Btw demon souls probably also comes to pc

Sony changed their messaging. They're all about supporting PS4 for a couple more years now.

Generations? Never heard of them...
godammit sony. i've already cleaned my PS4, PS moves, Aim controllers, etc to be photographed, video-ed, and made a draft "for sale" listing

Wait a sec, all of them also comes to ps4? I thought Sony is doing "generation" thing?

So that why ratchet and Clank dimension warp portal thingy looks sooooooo gimmicky and not revolutionary. They are held back by ps4

Btw demon souls probably also comes to pc
Right I misread the title :p

Ratchet & Clank doesn't look possible on PS4. We've seen it running, less they've going to do a very different transition between worlds.

There are only three games Sony are releasing on PS4. This is what Sony actually said. Ignore the fanboy versions. :yep2:

Additionally, we know that the PS4 community will transition to PS5 at different times, and we’re happy to announce PS4 versions of some of our exclusives. Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Sackboy A Big Adventure, and Horizon Forbidden West will also launch on PS4. While these three games were designed to take advantage of PS5 and its unique next-gen features like the ultra-high-speed SSD and DualSense controller, PS4 owners will also be able to enjoy these experiences when they launch. The PS4 digital versions of launch games include a free upgrade on both PS5 consoles, while the PS4 disc versions of these games include a free upgrade on the PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-Ray disc drive.
I had really hooped for a much faster Spider-Man in Miles Morales but really I will be happy if they make stealth a viable option in battles, it's ridiculous enemies always know where you are. Likewise in Horizon 2 I had really hoped for flying which I think will really stretch PS4 but it's Guerrilla so maybe they've found a way.

Ratchet & Clank doesn't look possible on PS4. We've seen it running, less they've going to do a very different transition between worlds.

There are only three games Sony are releasing on PS4. This is what Sony actually said. Ignore the fanboy versions. :yep2:

Additionally, we know that the PS4 community will transition to PS5 at different times, and we’re happy to announce PS4 versions of some of our exclusives. Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Sackboy A Big Adventure, and Horizon Forbidden West will also launch on PS4. While these three games were designed to take advantage of PS5 and its unique next-gen features like the ultra-high-speed SSD and DualSense controller, PS4 owners will also be able to enjoy these experiences when they launch. The PS4 digital versions of launch games include a free upgrade on both PS5 consoles, while the PS4 disc versions of these games include a free upgrade on the PS5 with Ultra HD Blu-Ray disc drive.
I had really hooped for a much faster Spider-Man in Miles Morales but really I will be happy if they make stealth a viable option in battles, it's ridiculous enemies always know where you are. Likewise in Horizon 2 I had really hoped for flying which I think will really stretch PS4 but it's Guerrilla so maybe they've found a way.
as I said I misread the title. I wasnt paying careful attention :p

as I said I misread the title. I wasnt paying careful attention :p

This week's been manic so I only properly caught on on this stuff today but from the postings I was also under the impression that all PS5 games were now coming to PS4 but it's a select few. I do think some people are reading too much into Sony's commitment to support PS4. Like previous new generations, i.e. expect Sony to continue to manufacture new PS4s for some years and support games that publishers want to release on it and continue to update the OS - which they for PSP, PS3 and Vita for years.

Sony really need to work on their messaging because it's currently awful. This feels like they have revisited a decision made previously and changed their approach, which is fine, but just explain this. If games released on PS5 can work well on PS4 there is no reason not to release them to a console base of 110m. It's ironic that both Sony and Microsoft messaged their current/next/cross generation game release strategies badly. :???:

Last edited by a moderator:
This week's been manic so I only properly caught on on this stuff today but from the postings I was also under the impression that all PS5 games were now coming to PS4 but it's a select few.
Yes last time I looked
70% of sony published games coming out 2020/21 were ps5 only, this contrasts with 0% xbox one series x / s

(source wikipedia)

Actually lots of next gen exclusives coming to Xbox like Medium and Scorn.

I wouldn't consider that "lots". But there's still time for MS to announce launch dates for their own next-gen games coming in late 2021. I wouldn't get my hopes up though.

Tommy McClain

Actually lots of next gen exclusives coming to Xbox like Medium and Scorn.
Scorn doesnt have a date (I see its been in development since 2014, so they will be relieved to get it out) its also not MS published,
Yes the Medium is coming out soon but its also not MS published

I didnt look at 3rd party games, only first party. But I assume Johnny Awesome did and he could only come up with one 3rd party exclusive game in 2020/2021 ! (though thats also coming to PC ) Surely the exclusive game situation ain't really that dire. It really is gonna be multi platform games for the first 2 xmas's. (FWIW sony will have 3 exclusive in the true sense, i.e. no PC versions on day one)
It doesnt make sense, sony is coming off >100 million base, & MS has less than half that, yet it seems as if its MS that are focusing more on their last generation base, its like a cunning plan thought up by baldrick

This week's been manic so I only properly caught on on this stuff today but from the postings I was also under the impression that all PS5 games were now coming to PS4 but it's a select few. I do think some people are reading too much into Sony's commitment to support PS4. Like previous new generations, i.e. expect Sony to continue to manufacture new PS4s for some years and support games that publishers want to release on it and continue to update the OS - which they for PSP, PS3 and Vita for years.

Sony really need to work on their messaging because it's currently awful. This feels like they have revisited a decision made previously and changed their approach, which is fine, but just explain this. If games released on PS5 can work well on PS4 there is no reason not to release them to a console base of 110m. It's ironic that both Sony and Microsoft messaged their current/next/cross generation game release strategies badly. :???:
I blame Jim Ryan. This would have never happened with Andrew House at the office.

Scorn doesnt have a date (I see its been in development since 2014, so they will be relieved to get it out) its also not MS published,
Yes the Medium is coming out soon but its also not MS published

I didnt look at 3rd party games, only first party. But I assume Johnny Awesome did and he could only come up with one 3rd party exclusive game in 2020/2021 ! (though thats also coming to PC ) Surely the exclusive game situation ain't really that dire. It really is gonna be multi platform games for the first 2 xmas's. (FWIW sony will have 3 exclusive in the true sense, i.e. no PC versions on day one)
It doesnt make sense, sony is coming off >100 million base, & MS has less than half that, yet it seems as if its MS that are focusing more on their last generation base, its like a cunning plan thought up by baldrick

You didn't say MS. You said Xbox. Now you're moving the goal posts just like Sony did.

I'm betting that a year from now both Xbox and PS have very similar amounts of next gen only titles. The difference is that MS was honest about it and Sony wasn't. The community isn't pissed that Sony are supporting the PS4. Just pissed that they lied about it.

The community isn't pissed that Sony are supporting the PS4. Just pissed that they lied about it.

People could have guessed by seeing the graphics, said from the get go, looks not true next gen.
Good that wecan enjoy the same experiences for forbidden west, spiderman, sackboy etc on ps4, probably gow too, DF thinks its possible due to short develop time for a gow game.

Great to see final fantasy on pc. Ah, we atleast get a remaster at launch.

Back