Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

All this sounds to me like the end of the PS4 used disk market... people get the PS5 digital version bound to the account then resell the PS4 disk... will have tons of disks available at almost zero price... will se what is the difference of price in getting the ps5 version (with ps4 disk inserted) vs the ps5 version free of disk... if it's almost the same the used market is finished.

The bottom of the console in the pictures is showing a button. I think we're looking at the place where the expansion for the NVMe is located.

Or it's a bump-out to key in the stability plate. I wish the picture had better contrast.

Or maybe it's to keep the two halves of the clamshell together?

115260de1fab706cf20d2a917e316dc18dd7db3c.jpeg

b9c842359dd3096ff0b32f4549d90d6beadf0b8e.jpeg

b2917a082c9b0c7b2b7629a86915ae6f27348907_2_690x475.png

yeah when you zoom in on that image of the bottom there isn't anything obvious for a expansion. I suspect it's on the back, or you have to remove one of the shrouds...

I'm not sure why people are pre-ordering any of these consoles. Feels like we still getting drips of important info on things like BC, haven't see the consoles perform, noise tests, etc...

The amount of info you will have 2 or 3 weeks after they launch will be much more complete than now.

They saw games, this is enough for them. They know PS4 games will run on PS5. They know the next ND games, God of War, Horizon game will be on PS5. We miss the OS on Sony side but with the SSD and new CPU I think it will be faster and I hope an improvement of PS Store too.

Sony said after the first PS4 PRo*, this time they said they pay attention to the problem** and last PS4 Pro revision solve it too.

* I have one of this model and this is horrible.

** The PS5 is so huge with so many vent on the back, I don't think it will be a problem

Yes agree, not much reason to get one day one to be honest. FW comes 2021 somewhere, Spiderman will run on PS4 too, so does sackboy. Everything else is 2021 (not even exact release dates). The only reason would be demon souls, but thats a remaster of a game already played with better graphics.
It seems a good plan to wait untill next year somewhere, if your intrested in those couple of exclusives. GoW might appear on PS4 aswell, same for R&C, we dont know for sure even on those, in that case 2021 wont even be intresting.

Edit: i will get one at launch (disc version), im going to have a PS5 down the line anyway, can aswell get it day one to live with the hype and replace the loud/defect PS4 (fan problem).

The PS5 itself reminds me of early 2000's subwoofers included in all in one sets btw.

5b66f9a2fcd5465428b8f177

Yes agree, not much reason to get one day one to be honest. FW comes 2021 somewhere, Spiderman will run on PS4 too, so does sackboy. Everything else is 2021 (not even exact release dates). The only reason would be demon souls, but thats a remaster of a game already played with better graphics.
It seems a good plan to wait untill next year somewhere, if your intrested in those couple of exclusives. GoW might appear on PS4 aswell, same for R&C, we dont know for sure even on those, in that case 2021 wont even be intresting.

The PS5 itself reminds me of early 2000's subwoofers included in all in one sets btw.

5b66f9a2fcd5465428b8f177

Again Spiderman will look much better on PS5, much better than if it was a PC version of the game because at least character model assets are totally different between the two games confirmed by Insomiac and a 60 fps mode is confirmed for Spiderman Miles Morales. Probably the same for Horizon 2 Forbidden West. Demon Soul's sold between 1 to 2 millions, the Soul's serie is much more popular now. For example I did not play the game. And the performance was very bad on PS3. Tons of people will want to play or replay the game. And there is some changes for example we know the online part goes up to 6 players, maybe we will have the 6th archstone maybe a fractured mode.

This is like saying a PC version of a game is unuseful for at least two of the cross gen games, the visual difference will been bigger than the PC version of a multiplatform game and there is an improved framerate at least on one of the two games but I will be surprised if a 1440p 60 fps mode is not available in Horizon 2. This is pure trolling

R&C Rift Apart will not appear on PS4, this is pure trolling too. This is impossible to do it on PS4.

I suppose the three cross gen games began as PS4 games and they decided to do a PS5 version.

Last edited:
Again Spiderman will look much better on PS5, much better than if it was a PC version of the game because at least character model assets are totally different between the two games confirmed by Insomiac and a 60 fps mode is confirmed for Spiderman Miles Morales. Probably the same for Horizon 2 ForbiddenWest. Demon Soul's sold between 1 to 2 millions, the series is much more popular now. For example I did not play the game. And the performance was very bad on PS3. Tons of people will want to plat or replay the game. And there is some change for example we know the online part goes up to 6 players, maybe we will have the 6th archstone maybe a fractured mode.

Any source for that? All i have seen is a sony executive stating PS4 will get the same experiences. What your describing is something different. Your not doing the PS brand any good by saying the PS4 version is heavily bodged. It's a good thing those 100m users dont get left behind like that.
A potentional PC version would look better in every sense. Look at DS and HZD for example.

R&C will not appear on PS5

Source? I saw the same claims about HZD and Spiderman, and yet here we are.
Simply stating those titles might appear on PS4 has nothing to do with trolling, its entirely possible.

yeah when you zoom in on that image of the bottom there isn't anything obvious for a expansion. I suspect it's on the back, or you have to remove one of the shrouds...

I image you have to remove a shroud.

Don’t most motherboard provide screw mounts dependent on size to make sure the NVME SSD remain tightly seated. If so I’m not sure how Sony can easily offer a slot that you blindly slide a SSD drive.

Any source for that? All i have seen is a sony executive stating PS4 will get the same experiences. What your describing is something different. Your not doing the PS brand any good by saying the PS4 version is heavily bodged. It's a good thing those 100m users dont get left behind like that.
A potentional PC version would look better in every sense. Look at DS and HZD for example.

Source? I saw the same claims about HZD and Spiderman, and yet here we are.

Source Insomniac talking about Spiderman Remasterd, they redo most of the character model to be as good as in Spiderman Miles Morales on PS5.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/09/marvels_spider-man_has_been_completely_remastered_for_ps5

EiI158VXcAEx0dz

I am sure character model will not look like this on PS4.

For HZD the same, and here it will probably go beyond the character.

DS and HZD model doesn't look better than PS4 version, they are the same... Source digitalfoundry

Maybe you are *fluffy* and you don't understand than asking to the player to wait 1 or 2 minutes between each portal is a no go. It is understandable in two seconds for someone understanding the difference between a SSD and a HDD,

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sure character model will not look like this on PS4.

You have been sure of many things, but wrong about many things too. You surely didn't see MM and FW coming in to PS4 like that. They were supposed to be PS5 exclusives, not appearing anywhere else. How did that hit home?

Jim ryan stated the same experiences will be on PS4. I dont think hes lying.

DS and HZD model doesn't look better than PS4 version, they are the same...

They both look better on PC, in special Alex mentioned how much more to lifte DS came thanks to 60fps, higher textures, and overal improved fidelity.

It is understandable in two seconds for someone understanding the difference between a SSD and a HDD,

It's also easily understandable SSD's dont render things like a GPU can, for most.

So RedGamingTech on youtube went into some detail on how the boosting variable clocks work on the PS5, seems his sources are suggesting a worst case scenario of a 3% drop and that is for only some frames (if I've understood him correctly).

Worth a watch;

You have been sure of many things, but wrong about many things too. You surely didn't see MM and FW coming in to PS4 like that. They were supposed to be PS5 exclusives, not appearing anywhere else. How did that hit home?

Jim ryan stated the same experiences will be on PS4. I dont think hes lying.

They both look better on PC, in special Alex mentioned how much more to lifte DS came thanks to 60fps, higher textures, and overal improved fidelity.

It's also easily understandable SSD's dont render things like a GPU can, for most.

Did I say they don't look better on PC. I said the geometry of the model are the same. This is not the case on Spiderman confirmed by the devs. And probably on HFW comparing the game with HZD on PS4. It means this games will show a greater difference than a simple multiplatform PC version. My fear was to have exactly the same assets between the two versions of the game at least visually it will be not the case. They will never look like a full next generation game and the design will be based on PS4 but they will be better than any cross gen games.

SSD don't render asset but they are important for asset quality. If the best quality asset aren't inside the RAM because the streaming system is too slow, the GPU can't render them and will render lower quality assets. And this has nothing to do with what I am telling about portals.

An explanation by the ex technicalartist director of Naughty Dog

Create 5 portals during a sequence with 1 to 2 minutes of loading for each one is not a possible design choice on PS4,

Last edited:
My fear was to have exactly the same assets between the two versions of the game at least visually it will be not the case.

I think the games will look close enough to eachother aside from resolution and framerate and ray tracing. Those games are made to be run on PS4 too, it's not a last minute decision.

It means this games will show a greater difference than a simple multiplatform PC version.

That remains to be seen, scaling does work very well these days. Doom is running on a Switch for example. Also, theres nothing simple with multiplatform games on any platform. I assume theres amounts of work put in those 'ports'. It's quite demeaning to call out devs and studios like that.
I'm sure FW and spiderman will scale very well, they most likely have thought about this from the beginning.

SSD don't render asset but they are important for asset quality. If the best quality asset aren't inside the RAM because the streaming system is too slow, the GPU can't render them and will render lower quality assets

Ok, you can feed the GPU at extreme speeds as much as you want, it finally has to be rendered also. We might see slower loading, but those cross gen games are not going to look worlds apart. If they would, sony wouldnt bother with the whole ordeal and leave all those 100million PS4 users behind.

I think the games will look close enough to eachother aside from resolution and framerate and ray tracing. Those games are made to be run on PS4 too, it's not a last minute decision.

That remains to be seen, scaling does work very well these days. Doom is running on a Switch for example. Also, theres nothing simple with multiplatform games on any platform. I assume theres amounts of work put in those 'ports'. It's quite demeaning to call out devs and studios like that.
I'm sure FW and spiderman will scale very well, they most likely have thought about this from the beginning.

Ok, you can feed the GPU at extreme speeds as much as you want, it finally has to be rendered also. We might see slower loading, but those cross gen games are not going to look worlds apart. If they would, sony wouldnt bother with the whole ordeal and leave all those 100million PS4 users behind.

Again do you know the simple fact than in 3D models are made of geometry and textures. They have two different geometry model for Spiderman for example and different normal maps. One next gen, One old gen with less details for example in hair. Each time they do this it is two times more work for artist. This the reason Spiderman remastered is not free and cost 20 dollars/euros. This is not a month of a single programmer working on the game.

This is a business decison. People who buy the PS4 version will have an inferior game from a visual point of view but some people don't want to buy a console first year. And it will look at least as good as HZD on PS4. And it is a good business decision on PS5 too because PS5 games will not look like PS4 upres game with a little RT. In this case probably people would not want to buy the PS5 version at all.

If anything..I don't think we should take any dev's (or PR stuff posted anywhere, even on official blogs) word without a grain of salt. The very same devs...officially stated that their game wasn't coming to PS4 on several occasions.....that didn't age well..

Again, this is something easy to verify when the game release but I never see in any PS4 games with as good hair detail than into the screenshot I show. After maybe this is the PS4 first party secret sauce.:LOL:

But Insomniac devs told they have a new technology for hair because PS5 is a more powerful hardware than PS4. And it was before the PS4 version was confirmed.

EDIT:
https://blog.playstation.com/2020/09/16/see-the-marvels-spider-man-miles-morales-new-gameplay-demo/

The remaster for the PS5 is no simple up-res, as many of the game’s art assets have been completely updated to take advantage of the PS5 console’s horsepower. You’ll see better-looking characters with improved skin, eyes, hair, and facial animation (including our new, next-generation Peter Parker). You’ll also see ray-traced reflections and ambient shadows, improved lighting, more pedestrians and vehicles stretching further into the distance, and the same optional performance mode offered on Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, allowing you to finally play the game at a targeted 60fps frame rate. We’ll be supporting near-instant loading, 3D audio, and the DualSense controller’s haptic feedback. Lastly we’re adding three amazing new Spider-Man suits, new photo mode features, and even new trophies for those of you looking to Platinum the game all over again.

Last edited:
Back