Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

So I went into Game and asked about allocation. It’s 72 standard to 17 DE - apparently doubled allocation during the day, said they were hopeful of another batch.

EiQ2KyNXsAAIP3i

EiQ2K-tWoAANb2U

hmm... I'm not entirely sure about that. if they make you download a copy of the game, then yes. If it can run the binary straight from disc install unmodified, I don't believe so anymore. GCNs ran on a 4 clock instruction cycle. RDNA2 issues a new one each clock cycle. If the latter, then they must have some sort of GCN mode or something.
I still haven’t bothered to check if menu/map screens that max PS4 Pro fans do so because of high power draw. While the PS5 should be quiet(er) all the time, I wonder how it will handle those screens, new binary or old.

For those who only see a broken image in the earlier post:

PS5 console features

Backwards compatibility - play a back catalog of PS4 games on your PS5 console

Game Boost - enjoy faster and smoother frame rates in select PS4 and PS VR games

Upgrade PS4 games to digital PS5 games - The PS5 console gives game publishers the ability to let players upgrade their disc and digital PS4 games to digital PS5 games. [1]

1 Upgrade may be offered at no additional cost or for a fee and may be available for a limited time. If players have a PS4™ game on Blu-ray™ Disc, they will need to insert the PS4 game disc to see the upgrade path, download the PS5 version and keep the PS4™ game disc inserted each time they play the PS5™ version of the game. To upgrade eligible PS4 disc titles to digital PS5 versions, players need a PS5™ console with a disc drive

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ps5/

unknown[1].png

I'm not sure why people are pre-ordering any of these consoles. Feels like we still getting drips of important info on things like BC, haven't see the consoles perform, noise tests, etc...

The amount of info you will have 2 or 3 weeks after they launch will be much more complete than now.

They saw games, this is enough for them. They know PS4 games will run on PS5. They know the next ND games, God of War, Horizon game will be on PS5. We miss the OS on Sony side but with the SSD and new CPU I think it will be faster and I hope an improvement of PS Store too.

Sony said after the first PS4 PRo*, this time they said they pay attention to the problem** and last PS4 Pro revision solve it too.

* I have one of this model and this is horrible.

** The PS5 is so huge with so many vent on the back, I don't think it will be a problem

enchanting the PS+ collection is more or less sufficient for my needs. Unless there are other games out of that collection I missed, I feel like that's all I need improved.
in particular, I need to get in on this bloodborne train

The last part is interesting

Skeptical view says its not, as its simply where Sony can claim "its not up to us, its up to the individual publishers".

Edit:

Nothing special. So no way to use PS4 physical games on PS5 DE.

Here's the full footnote disclaimer @ https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ps5/

1 Upgrade may be offered at no additional cost or for a fee and may be available for a limited time. If players have a PS4™ game on Blu-ray™ Disc, they will need to insert the PS4 game disc to see the upgrade path, download the PS5 version and keep the PS4™ game disc inserted each time they play the PS5™ version of the game. To upgrade eligible PS4 disc titles to digital PS5 versions, players need a PS5™ console with a disc drive

Last edited:
There's already a way to recognize a single disc so as to not be bought one time and digitized thousands of times in different accounts?

I'm not sure why people are pre-ordering any of these consoles. Feels like we still getting drips of important info on things like BC, haven't see the consoles perform, noise tests, etc...

The amount of info you will have 2 or 3 weeks after they launch will be much more complete than now.

And after those 2-3 weeks when they found out that PS5 is what they want?

Wait 1-4 months until they are easily available? That doesnt sound fun either :eek:

If they would be easily available then sure, but the whole reason of pre-orders is literally to get the console at or near the launch, because they are so hard to find.

I had to hunt ps4 for 2-3 weeks when I wanted to buy one on launch day but didnt find any, by hunt I meant check +20 online stores for 12h/day until Amazon france had few units available.

It took at least 3 months until I saw them on regular stores commonly.

BC = 99% of ps4 games work = ok

Games shown so far look good = ok

Price is good = ok

Only things I would like to know if it does sound like a vacuum cleaner like my ps4s did:devilish:

But even if they are quiet, I get loud one anyway with my luck:runaway:

There's already a way to recognize a single disc so as to not be bought one time and digitized thousands of times in different accounts?

Should be a fun way of testing out using the British National Libraries, right @DSoup and @iroboto?

Holy words

Lol. I am pretty sure it’s an upgrade similar to the COD BLOPS 4 one. You insert PS4 Disc and get access to PS5. But Disc still required

Correct. Nothing special. So no way to use PS4 physical games on PS5 DE.

Here's the full footnote disclaimer @ https://www.playstation.com/en-us/ps5/

Back