Xbox Series X [XBSX] [Release November 10 2020]

From what I can find the updates are running the client at 4K native, HDR (not sure what they mean by this HDR is already in and looks great) and 60 FPS, which is little more than flipping on some of the features the PC client has already. I hope MS has more up their sleeve down the road for them to count as having been truly enhanced, Sea Of Thieves in particular is crying out for some RT. It would great with RT in particular as I feel it the exaggerated art style would really pop with real time shadows dancing everywhere by torchlight

That Fable screen is CGI? What about the other screens, cant be ingame?
Dude did you miss the showing of halo ingame from a couple of months ago
How could you forget this face. :oops: I do applaud 434/MS for showing it, I think the game would work as a SBIG game, we don't have enough of those. I have no desire to play halo, but if it was SBIG then hell I would want to check it out.
Craig.jpg

Figured this should go here. Anecdotal info on Game Stop preorders for the Xbox Series X|S. This comes from my local Game Stop around Kansas City in Kansas, USA. I would imagine it only applies to in store orders. Nothing was said about online orders.

Asked the associate about my wife and I each getting one. She went back to call her boss and find out. Not the first time she has gotten the question apparently. Reply ->Orders will be limited to 1 per household. How they will enforce that if multiple people show up from a household and just go in separately, I have no idea. Also stated supplies will be very limited. She didn't say how many they are expecting. She stated that others who are planning on coming in have said they plan to be inline by 8am local. (Guess I will go at 7am and order one online from MS as well.) Orders open at 10am local Central time and the store will open 2 hours early to get people in. No mention was made of what the split between X|S are. Hints to how many was limited to "Very limited quantities."

YMMV

One aspect I really dislike about GameStop is all the base level are out of stock yet their bundle packages with a metric fuckton of items you don't need are in stock.

For instance a bundle with 2 additional controllers, recharge base, and 1 year of online service for an extra $300 is in stock. Yet the bare units are out of stock. This is deliberate bait and switch, but GameStop has been doing this for years. This should be illegal.

One aspect I really dislike about GameStop is all the base level are out of stock yet their bundle packages with a metric fuckton of items you don't need are in stock.

For instance a bundle with 2 additional controllers, recharge base, and 1 year of online service for an extra $300 is in stock. Yet the bare units are out of stock. This is deliberate bait and switch, but GameStop has been doing this for years. This should be illegal.
That's why they are going out of business I guess!

Has that happened with the PS5 this year? I have seen no info on "package deals" for any console at any retailer.....so far.....

Has that happened with the PS5 this year? I have seen no info on "package deals" for any console at any retailer.....so far.....

Yes. Game Stop's online store. The PS5 DE was sold out, then the PS5 was sold out, meanwhile there were bundle packages available.

On the other hand, when you’ve pledged all first party games to be cross platform for two years, you can produce a console for cheaper than any other device in your ecosystem, and any console can serve as a subscription service entry point, it doesn’t make sense to stop producing Xbox Ones

Maintaining the lines and components to produce Xbox One when it shares little in common with the new systems Is actually incredibly expensive. The XSS and XSX share a great deal of their components, and can likely be produced on the same lines with minimal retooling. They will definitely be releasing XCloud for Xbox One (and making Xcloud Access to those first party titles subscription free technically will keep the promises they made). Any savings they’d have would be eaten up by the expense of maintaining two products and at least one more SKU.

If you notice everything Microsoft has been trying to do is a write once ship many. It’s why they gave away Windows 10, so they could stop supporting legacy OS. It was the goal behind UWP. The good news is that most games will still run on Xbox One two years from now, and I’ll bet the majority of non-AAA will five years or more from now will as well.

Yes. Game Stop's online store. The PS5 DE was sold out, then the PS5 was sold out, meanwhile there were bundle packages available.

yea they are getting you to buy higher margin items they actually make good money on instead of just a console. Depend on the console Gamestop is making $20-$50 . They might be making the same on each controller they sell.

now costco knows how to bundle https://www.costco.com/oculus-quest...-and-fit-pack-included.product.100695756.html

you get all this for $440. The quest 2 with the elite strap is $450 lol

Yes

Technically, Gears 5 has one of the best graphics at the moment. rtx 3080 benchmarks: ultra settings 4K 65-70fps. Series X: over ultra settings: 4K locked 60fps.
This is great !
Love to have in 40 days this future proof super console... Goodbye to Sony and it's lack of informations.

Project Griffin sees the public light of day on Android as the Beta app.

Last month Chris Novak, Head of Xbox Research and Design, shared our vision of a unified Xbox experience across devices that puts gamers at the center, enabling them to stay connected to their games, friends and communities, which will come to fruition with the release of Xbox Series X|S this November. As part of this vision, the Xbox team has been hard at work continuing to iterate on new experiences based on your feedback. Today, we’re excited to share another update laddering up to our vision of delivering you a unified Xbox experience – an all new Xbox app (Beta) on mobile is now available on Android phones and tablets.

The new Xbox app (Beta) has been rewritten from the ground up making it easier for all gamers to stay connected to your friends, games and fun at home or on the go, no matter what device they prefer to play on. Your friends and parties can stay with you via voice and text chat, even if they’re on console or PC. A new, unified notification inbox means you will now receive and be able to clear your notifications for new party invites, messages, and more right on your phone. The new share feature makes it easier to share game clips and screenshots from your console to your favorite gaming and social networks. Lastly, we’re unlocking Xbox remote play, formally known as Xbox Console Streaming (Preview) for all gamers in the new Xbox app (Beta)—you no longer need to be an Xbox Insider to play games installed to your console on your phone. The free Xbox app (beta) is available for you to check out today and keeps in you the game—wherever you like to play.

Full Xbox news for an overview of improvements @ https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/21/new-xbox-app-beta-on-mobile/

I suppose they'll gift some months of Gold and maybe a digital game code download. Will see.... [emoji16]

Back