Nvidia's 3000 Series RTX GPU [3090s with different memory capacity]

Would be funny if the bots were run on AWS GPU nodes.

Probably shouldn't buy one of these anyway. Waiting to see what AMD does will be to your benefit in one way or another.

Last edited:
Probably shouldn't buy one of these anyway. Waiting to see what AMD does will probably be to your benefit in one way or another.

This is good advice. Literally the only reason I'm going Nvidia is because I have a gsync monitor and I'd prefer to keep using it instead of dealing with screen tearing. My next monitor in a couple years will probably be a "gsync compatible" and then I'll have freedom to buy whichever gpu I want if I upgrade again in the future.

This is good advice. Literally the only reason I'm going Nvidia is because I have a gsync monitor and I'd prefer to keep using it instead of dealing with screen tearing. My next monitor in a couple years will probably be a "gsync compatible" and then I'll have freedom to buy whichever gpu I want if I upgrade again in the future.
Yeah I'm just a vsync peon. Preferably triple buffered :)

What's going to stop re-sellers this time?

Better manual vetting of orders by manual human labour which nvidia has signaled they would do? realistically nothing past pricing the product so high there is no resale market.

“As much as I understand people’s frustration, believe me we do not want scalpers buying our products,” an Nvidia rep wrote in a company forum post. “We would rather the purchases go to legit consumers. During our manual review process, we have proceeded to cancel several suspect orders.”

https://www.pcmag.com/news/nvidia-signals-rtx-3080-founders-edition-will-be-back-in-stock-next-week

IgorsLab - Founders Edition Memory Modules Hit over 100C on Load
In this video, a German Tech-Youtuber and Reviewer (He also reports in Enlgish) talks about the GDDR6X modules next to the VRM on the RTX 3080 Founders Edition and how those reach +100°C, so it seems like the leaks and rumors a few weeks back about those running hot are correct.

The limit for those modules is around 120°C till they die. Once they reach ~110°C they start to throttle down. The backside of the board hit a max temp of 84°C, while those few VRAM modules in question peaked at 104°C 30 minutes at full load

The people who botted and then eBay'd have widely suffered their own bot attacks: bots have been written to auto-create fake eBay accounts and then bid-up the prices on the scalpers' eBay listings :)

Payback time!
2Q9aaAXl.PNG

Demand is insane. Especially considering this is only one model from one manufacturer in one store

Well yeah, these suckers sell for over $50K on eBay! Easiest way to 60x your money...

:runaway:

Back