Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

Well the PS4 was very limited initially when it came out in South Africa beginning 2014 as we weren't in the 2013 release timeframe I eventually got mine at begining March 2014. It was the first PS4 I found so I bought it. It was the Second Son and Killzone Edition.

At least this time it seems that pre-orders were available for 19 Nov however I missed out. It was good to see the second batch 2-3 weeks after inital batch so that's likely mid Dec. I am ok with that. I just completed my pre-order on the second batch(1 per customer). :D

It's a local retailer that has online presence.

Yeah I am in the same boat. Just preordered today and I have about 2% chance of getting one in the first batch.

I had thought about just placing an order during the summer even before official preorders but then forgot about it due to covid. Many people seem to have done so however. Bodes well for Sony.

PS4 had no anisotropic filtering for a few months, I remember that being a hot topic. Hindsight now suggests that it was likely a bug with the API.

Happy days.

Now we've got "PS5 has no VRS" before it's even out. :)
well.. AF is a critical feature.

VRS seems fairly optional and it's entirely up to developers if they want to implement scaling in that method or others. Sans VRS is not detrimental at all.

Sony: we will give plenty of notice for pre orders
Everyone: Cool, thank y-
Sony: NOW! TRY NOW! GOOOOOO!
Some UK retailers only opened pre-orders today. Argos did and I think Currys too - at least they had stock this morning, a friend of mine pre-ordered from them.

So the PS5 is breaking records already with some retailers reporting the fastest uptake of any pre-order todate. As everywhere seems to have run out in minutes either Sony didn't manufacture as many as they said they did,or the uptake, and hunger, for the PS5 is far higher than for the PS4. If all these pre-orders translate to sales things are looking rosy for Sony. It also seems that the PS5DE is the least popular model, so the price isn't playing a key factor here. Which is weird in one way and understandable in another (people have lots of games on disc already). But the non DE model was always more popular in polls anyway.

So the PS5 is breaking records already with some retailers reporting the fastest uptake of any pre-order todate. As everywhere seems to have run out in minutes either Sony didn't manufacture as many as they said they did,or the uptake, and hunger, for the PS5 is far higher than for the PS4. If all these pre-orders translate to sales things are looking rosy for Sony. It also seems that the PS5DE is the least popular model, so the price isn't playing a key factor here. Which is weird in one way and understandable in another (people have lots of games on disc already). But the non DE model was always more popular in polls anyway.
Jim Ryan said they’ll have more PS5’s available than they did PS4 for the launch.

So the PS5 is breaking records already with some retailers reporting the fastest uptake of any pre-order todate. As everywhere seems to have run out in minutes either Sony didn't manufacture as many as they said they did,or the uptake, and hunger, for the PS5 is far higher than for the PS4.

For PS4 Sony released stock gradually int the run up to launch. I.e. if they follow suit here, more stock will be made available for pre-order. I assume the reason for this is Sony will re-allocate stock to territories/retailers where demand is higher. When stock is limited, and it probably will be, you don't want stick sitting idle here when demand over here is off the charts.

Maybe he meant more available for their employees?

I got my email confirmation today, from the pre-order I placed at Game at about midnight the same day as the showcase, before they took the pages out. Result!
Oh boy, GAME. I will never order from them again, not after the amount of pre-order fuckups that have happened. What were you thinking, man!?!?

Wot. When. WHAT
Well they cancelled my (and others) PS4 preorder back in 2013 and they have cancelled pre-orders for other products for fairly random reasons as well. How have you not heard about GAME. They are pretty notorious for technical issues cancelling pre-orders in the UK.

Any company always on the verge of administration may be desperate enough to sell things they don't have!

I don't know how Sony's strategy would have differed if there wasn't covid 19, but the "feed em crumbs" every few months was a pretty effective tactic to generate hype for the holiday.

Back