Sony Playstation Gaming Showcase [2020-09-16]

Is this a reference to the North American register your interesting thing? It seems in Europe Sony just turned stock over the retailers and let them do their thing as usual. Is this not the case everywhere?

It was basically the opposite of this

y9JJSL4.png

It was basically the opposite of this

y9JJSL4.png

No idea what’s going on in the rest of the world but in the UK some retailers opened pre-orders this morning (GAME at 8am, Amazon at 9am) and others (incl. Argos) are opening pre-orders on Friday morning.

I had registered pre-interest on a bunch of sites and got advance notice about the pre-orders by email.

I get some people in some regions wanted/needed/expected more notice and some retailers broke the date.

No idea what’s going on in the rest of the world but in the UK some retailers opened pre-orders this morning (GAME at 8am, Amazon at 9am) and others (incl. Argos) are opening pre-orders on Friday morning.

I had registered pre-interest on a bunch of sites and got advance notice about the pre-orders by email.

I get some people in some regions wanted/needed/expected more notice and some retailers broke the date.
It was supposed to open midnight today, but it opened at 9-11 yesterday about 5 hrs after the show ended. Things started to move so fast, I was not sure what time they were supposed to open, but 8am this morning everything was OOS. I've been trying to see if I could get luckily on a new skid arriving, but no dice so far. I may be SOL for a while.

It was supposed to open midnight today, but it opened at 9-11 yesterday about 5 hrs after the show ended. Things started to move so fast, I was not sure what time they were supposed to open, but 8am this morning everything was OOS. I've been trying to see if I could get luckily on a new skid arriving, but no dice so far. I may be SOL for a while.

Again, I don't know what was supposed to happen in other territories but the pre-order deadlines have held in they UK. I guess some retailers are just desperate for post-COVID business elsewhere.

We're are used to waiting and queuing here! :yep2: I wish you good luck. I recall from the PS4 launch that launch stock at many retailers was renewed a couple of times before launch so good luck!

The PS5 launch feels somewhat sketchy to me. The messaging around generations, yet discover actually they are not doing anything different than Microsoft in that regard. The marketing of "$399" yet supplied at a fraction of the $499 system. The way pre-orders were handled.

It's sort of deliberate obfuscation/bait-and-switch leading right into pre-order chaos.
The truth is that on ps5 we have partial informations. I would not buy it blindly. For instance... ps4-pro enhanced games ? Are they BC runnable ? Who knows ?

People dismiss/laugh @ Microsoft when they say that their main competition in the gaming market is now Apple, Google & Amazon (and to a lesser extend Nintendo followed by Sony). Sony is still selling/marketing the Playstation as a "old-school" console release while Microsoft is selling/marketing a service which optionally includes HW consoles.

There you go

Stadia 1.1

Amazon announces new cloud gaming service called Luna

Back