Nvidia's 3000 Series RTX GPU [3090s with different memory capacity]

I really liked the ASUS TUF, I was expecting it to be lackluster like previous TUF products but it seems to be even better than MSI Trio X. And it's selling at MSRP prices. Who needs the Strix if TUF is that good.

Review mistake on price. Note that the price of the card reviewed is $50 over MSRP ($749.99) for the reviewed card and not the $699.99 price stated in the review.

It's not MSRP. It's $749.99 USD, the TUF non OC is MSRP.

THIS IS THE TUF GAMING OC AND IS NOT PRICED @ MSRP (that's the standard TUF Gaming card)

Reviewed Card $749.99: ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 TUF-RTX3080-O10G-GAMING 10GB 320-Bit GDDR6X PCI Express 4.0 x16 Video Card
https://www.newegg.com/asus-geforce...814126452?Item=N82E16814126452&quicklink=true

Card at $699.99
ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 DirectX 12 TUF-RTX3080-10G-GAMING 10GB 320-Bit GDDR6X PCI Express 4.0 HDCP Ready Video Card
https://www.newegg.com/asus-geforce...814126453?Item=N82E16814126453&quicklink=true

Last edited:
This morning we saw unprecedented demand for the GeForce RTX 3080 at global retailers, including the NVIDIA online store. At 6 a.m. pacific we attempted to push the NVIDIA store live. Despite preparation, the NVIDIA store was inundated with traffic and encountered an error. We were able to resolve the issues and sales began registering normally.

To stop bots and scalpers on the NVIDIA store, we’re doing everything humanly possible, including manually reviewing orders, to get these cards in the hands of legitimate customers.

Over 50 major global retailers had inventory at 6 a.m. pacific. Our NVIDIA team and partners are shipping more RTX 3080 cards every day to retailers.
We apologize to our customers for this morning's experience.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc.../5/398186/rtx-3080-nvidia-store-availability/

That sounds like a great idea, but how would we enforce that on bestbuy, amazon and a ton of the smaller stores? They could do that for their own store though.

I think they should use something like one of those re-captcha verification check boxes as you place your order.

The whole thing was pretty bad. The nvidia site went from "notify me" to "sold out" almost instantly. Most people never even saw an option to place an order. Same basically happened for newegg, bestbuy. Quantities were so low they just went straight to out of stock from "coming soon."

For the people who waited and line and didn't get one, I honestly think it's just dumb to wait in line, especially if you don't know if the item will even be available. Stores should basically discourage that behaviour and tell people that if they wait in line overnight they won't be served the next day. Or just start processing reservations the day before during business hours.

If you think thats bad I pre-ordered a hotas and the due date got changed 5 times and on each occasion they only told me the date had changed on the day I was expecting delivery
I was originally told I would get it on the 28th April just checked the website and it says due 7th Oct

The problem I see with the Hardware Unboxed review is that they tested in an open frame system. I would like to see apples to apples temperature testing of the third party 3080's and Nvidia's 3080 Founders Edition in a closed case.
The non-OC Asus TUF review I linked above did their tests in a closed case with extremely good results.
The cards were placed in a housing that received three 120 mm fans. This configuration provides a measurement environment similar to the conditions under which the hardware runs on typical computers. Moreover, overclocking the GPU and VRAM does not cause a noticeable increase in temperature, only the fans have slightly accelerated.

I assume Anandtech are releasing a review eventually with a deep dive?

Back