Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

That digital edition box is amazing. That said, I'll just be looking at it on my white box on launch date and then it goes into the attic.

kid you need to stop acting all butthurt because somebody critisized your favorite console.

No problem with criticism (I even acknowledge justified), I just would prefer it without lies (the YouTube you linked which you said was from last night but was actually from a couple weeks ago) and with something to back up the claims you make (teardowns are common and not having a PS5 one is against ‘the norm’).

So now the question becomes, if you're not into GamePass, not hugely into either console's exclusives, don't have a controller preference, and assuming the consoles are available to purchase, would someone pay $100 more for a PS5 DE over an XSS for ~2x the GPU and ~1.5x the storage? The difference may be negligible for a 1080p60 screen. Maybe it'll be a factor further into the generation, when games start pushing 1080p30 on PS5/XSX.

I'd also like to know if those PS4 classics for PS5 owners with PS+ are permanent licenses or a sort of super bonus month in that you can access them only as long as your PS+ is active. Can you only access them on a PS5, or could you play them with a PS4?

Sony: always leave 'em wanting more.

Last edited:
So now the question becomes, if you're not into GamePass, not hugely into either console's exclusives, don't have a controller preference, and assuming the consoles are available to purchase, would someone pay $100 more for a PS5 DE over an XSS for ~2x the GPU and ~1.5x the storage? The difference may be negligible for a 1080p60 screen. Maybe it'll be a factor further into the generation, when games start pushing 1080p30 on PS5/XSX.

I'd also like to know if those PS4 classics for PS5 owners with PS+ are permanent licenses or a sort of super bonus month in that you can access them only as long as your PS+ is active. Can you only access them on a PS5, or could you play them with a PS4?

PS plus collection is active only during PS+ is active and it is only for PS5 player.

Same in Spain, it tooks me 1 hour 20 to download TLOU2 because they slow down the PSN. I have a 600 Mb fiber connection.

Last night, I put in the disc for God of War and then it showed a 1.2 GB update, version 1.33 available.

It estimated 120 minutes to download that 1.2 GB file.

I watched some shows while letting it download, fell asleep. So I don't know the total time it took but that 1.2 GB file should have taken a fraction of the time indicated.

That would mean you're only playing multiplatform games?

I guess you could save a $100 in that case.

Unimaginable that you wouldn't even try some of the first-party exclusives at some point.

Last night, I put in the disc for God of War and then it showed a 1.2 GB update, version 1.33 available.

It estimated 120 minutes to download that 1.2 GB file.

I watched some shows while letting it download, fell asleep. So I don't know the total time it took but that 1.2 GB file should have taken a fraction of the time indicated.

Imagine downloading TLOU2 in an hour and calling that slow :LOL:
I’m only jealous really.

Imagine downloading TLOU2 in an hour and calling that slow :LOL:
I’m only jealous really.

This is slow compared to the speed I have I don't even fully reach the speed of my internet connection. I talk about download speed and someone task me do you use the standard PS4 HDD I told him this is the case and he said with the speed of your fiber connection, the bottleneck is the HDD. I am connected by Ethernet and when I did the network test on PS4 I reach 590 Mb/s.

img_2027.jpg

Before COVID this was the speed of my download and install on PSN.

Last edited:
This is slow compared to the speed I have I don't even fully reach the speed of my internet connection. I talk about download speed and someone task me do you use the standard PS4 HDD I told him this is the case and he said with the speed of your fiber connection, the bottleneck is the HDD. I am connected by Ethernet and when I did the network test on PS4 Ireach 590 Mb/s.

img_2027.jpg

Before COVID this was the speed of my download and install on PSN.

Your internet connection is actually many times faster than the HDD speed in the current gen consoles :LOL:

can't get one =(

been trying to smash f5 on select retailers for a while now, haven't seen a refresh of stock yet.

sigh... this and the 3080 are OOS =(

I regret not grabbing the 3080, someone was trying ton convince me that 10GB was not enough memory and I hesitated.

Surely you'll be able to pick up one at BB or Target, Walmart, etc. at some point.

The games lineup isn't that strong so no hurry.

How does it make the disc version look bad? The disc version is likely in budget and might make a small profit(but who knows). The digital version will likely have Sony lose money initially however after a year or two it will likely be profitable for Sony(but who knows) due to digital sales if it goes well for them.

That said, the digital version could likely be a win for them comparing it to the XBSS at $299. $100 more and you get so much more bang for the buck which will likely last you 7 years if we go according to the current generation. Do you see the XBSS lasting 7 years? I don't.

I don't see Xbox Series S lasting 6 years much less 7.

I don't see Xbox Series S lasting 6 years much less 7.
XsS will last as long as series X. The question probably whether they will support XsS with new games when the next gen after this comes because it might be hard to scale down to XsS from PS6. Right now they already saying that dev can chose to turn off ray tracing on the S.

Back