Hogwarts Legacy [PS4, 4PRO, PS5, XO, XOX, XBSX|S, PC]

Hope its going to be good. The Harry Potter universe has plenty of potential for great games I think.

Trailer looks alright I guess? Don't know what kind of game it will be but graphics look like souped up current gen? Which I guess is to be expected as its releasing on all platforms.

Hope its going to be good. The Harry Potter universe has plenty of potential for great games I think.

Trailer looks alright I guess? Don't know what kind of game it will be but graphics look like souped up current gen? Which I guess is to be expected as its releasing on all platforms.

My impression of the leaked footage from 2018 was that it kinda looked nextgen, notably the physics. Regardless, I'll buy the version that performs the best.

My impression of the leaked footage from 2018 was that it kinda looked nextgen, notably the physics. Regardless, I'll buy the version that performs the best.

Running it with a RTX 3080 and a Zen3 CPU?

There was definitely at least one on the PS2, my girlfriend at the time bought it and it was great. I can't remember which one though, there were a bunch and many were shovelware.

initially I thought it was a game made or published by EA but it's not. I thought they had the Harry Potter license

Only for the Sports of the Harry Potter world, Quidditch ?

Only for the Sports of the Harry Potter world, Quidditch ?
the are more Harry Potter games published by EA, a lot more. If you take a look at their EA Play lineup, you can see what I mean.

Anyways, this was definitely the most interesting game of the conference.

I've never read a Harry Potter book and only saw one of the films (don't remember which one though). I expect this game is going to sell extremely well.

Running it with a RTX 3080 and a Zen3 CPU?

I meant the console version that performs the best.

That actually looked pretty good. It looks like you'll be able to create a custom character. Good choice, IMO. Not sure I'd be interested in playing as one of the established characters.

Regards,
SB

That actually looked pretty good. It looks like you'll be able to create a custom character. Good choice, IMO. Not sure I'd be interested in playing as one of the established characters.

Regards,
SB

I believe its going to be earlier in the time line than the books or movies.

I've never read a Harry Potter book and only saw one of the films (don't remember which one though). I expect this game is going to sell extremely well.

I meant the console version that performs the best.

The books are fairly fun. You just have to remember they are kids books that transition into teen books. They are worth a read but expect plot holes esp in the earlier books that seep into the newer books

The books are fairly fun. You just have to remember they are kids books that transition into teen books. They are worth a read but expect plot holes esp in the earlier books that seep into the newer books
The books transition really damn quickly. I started reading them when I was in my mid twenties and books one and two are clearly aimed to kids but by escalated with the third book (The Prisoner of Azkaban) which has overly strong themes of torture and mutiliation and that's not even referring the dementors. :runaway:

I think that's one the strengths of the IP, it can work at different levels but I hope the RPG is aimed at a more adult audience and by adult I don't mean sexual content. I'd never interested in 'romancing' a character in any game apart from Abigail in Stardew Valley because I'm not fixing my own bloody fences and Abigail is the best! :yes:

The books transition really damn quickly. I started reading them when I was in my mid twenties and books one and two are clearly aimed to kids but by escalated with the third book (The Prisoner of Azkaban) which has overly strong themes of torture and mutiliation and that's not even referring the dementors. :runaway:

I think that's one the strengths of the IP, it can work at different levels but I hope the RPG is aimed at a more adult audience and by adult I don't mean sexual content. I'd never interested in 'romancing' a character in any game apart from Abigail in Stardew Valley because I'm not fixing my own bloody fences and Abigail is the best! :yes:
wouldn't the majority of Potter fans now be 20+ ?

I don't know. Everything about this has that Double-A unreal 4 look to me. Hard to place a finger exactly on what.

The most obvious I'd say is the animation work. It looks pretty weightless and awkward almost all of the time.

It is a cross gen games but I was surprised it is running 4k 60 fps
I have really enjoyed this guys takes on videos. Sometimes his obsesses a bit much over something but for the most part, really good stuff. :yes:

Back