Playstation 5 [PS5] [Release November 12 2020]

Nope and I really wanted to hear about upgrades to their big first party games. I’m sure they will run in “pro” mode if one is available, but nobody’s got time for Pro mode, we want PS5 mode! :)

Yeah this surprises me as well. Surely next gen updates for games like Ghosts of Tsushima and The Last of Us would go a long way to padding out the launch window.

I'm sure there will be another show detailing just that before launch.

So Amazon UK is currently working?

If you registered interest in pre-orders you will have seen the email which explains why its all bit weird today. Here is the Amazon UK email in full:

The Sony PlayStation 5 will be available for pre-order on Amazon.co.uk on Thursday 17 September after 9:00 am BST.

Controllers and other accessories will also become available for pre-order throughout the day. Stock is extremely limited and we expect demand to be high.

If you have trouble placing an order while the stock is available, or if we have sold out, we encourage you to keep checking back during the pre-order period as we may release additional stock.

We will make every effort to deliver all pre-orders as soon as possible once the PS5 is released. If you pre-order, we will email you with an estimated delivery date, however this may be subject to change.

We look forward to seeing you again soon at Amazon.co.uk.

Regards,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.co.uk
My emphasis. Stock will fleet in and out over the course of the day.

Did they even list the digital?

Not that I can see. The console is now listed as "unavailable". Good job I checked Amazon while in a meeting!

I have email confirmation. Wonderful.

But it's literally not a cash cow...which may explain the stock ratio

Yup they are loosing a shit ton of $$ with this SKU at this price point.

But if they double what they earn per game sold to each DE owner than the DE version will be the cash cow.

I do not have the metrics sony have, but i am surprised that the ratio is this skewed between DE and the other one.

I've a confirmation for my PS5 DE, but the store messed up, it's considered as a true "order", and not a reservation. I expect a call or a mail to notify me it's cancelled :eek:

So Amazon UK is currently working?

I can see the listing now but co clicking in it takes me back to home

Edit: it must be some mechanism to cope with demand, it does eventually let you pre order.

Good luck Gaz

Is there a link? I want a disk backup order

But if they double what they earn per game sold to each DE owner than the DE version will be the cash cow.

I do not have the metrics sony have, but i am surprised that the ratio is this skewed between DE and the other one.
Notional future profit versus serious pain now I'm not surprised the ratio is this way, they have their headline price and have decided this is as much cash as they can afford to stuff in the box today. It was the same way with both the Xbox 360 Starter Edition and the PS3 20GB

Now managed to bag an extra DualSense controller. Just the DualSense Charging Station and Media Remote left to grab. Thanks Amazon UK, I really need this mad approach on a work day! :-|

Nope and I really wanted to hear about upgrades to their big first party games. I’m sure they will run in “pro” mode if one is available, but nobody’s got time for Pro mode, we want PS5 mode! :)

Also, if they’re giving out their big PS4 games for free (with Ps+, if I understand that Collections thing correctly) I fear that they will think that’s enough and we’re never going to get PS5 upgrades for them. Which would be total crap.
I see a lot of people paying 10 to 20 euro/dollars/pounds to upgrade games they already owns...

They previously announced PS5 will be BC with Pro and confirmed officially that 99% of PS4 games will run on PS5.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/p...will-be-playable-sony-boss-says/1100-6482283/

SQx9xKJ6aXa3w4BZzgUy3h.jpg
I don't read in the article you linked the that ps4-pro enhanced games are BC but that 99% of ps4 titles are BC... Maybe I'm me just dumb....

The only game that till now makes me wanting a ps5...

Pretty sure this was covered by Cerny. If a game has a Pro mode, the PS5 will run it at that level. Some games don’t have a Pro mode and so will run at base level. In both cases, you may get a “boost” from the higher clocks but this isn’t too clear yet.

They're currently on Amazon UK. Just spotted them on the main PS5 page.

Nice one ta, can't believe it's not top of the search!? I hate Amazons crappy search and filter system...you'd think they were noobs.

So, now just to decide on which Xbox to get...

Notional future profit versus serious pain now I'm not surprised the ratio is this way, they have their headline price and have decided this is as much cash as they can afford to stuff in the box today. It was the same way with both the Xbox 360 Starter Edition and the PS3 20GB
But they are coming of the back of some serious profit/years, its now they should take the hit. Unless they do not belive they can migrate enough people over to PS5 fast enough. If they where able to migrate 100% of all their PS4 customers to PS5 now, you think would not have grabbed that with two hands and Tyson ear bit?
So then its just a question what is the % that is enough to take the hit and do they belive they can do it?
Of course there will be people, like me, that will shell out 499 instead of 399 if I can not get a hold of a 399 box, but I assume that all people are not like me in the PS4 userbase.

Last edited:
Now managed to bag an extra DualSense controller. Just the DualSense Charging Station and Media Remote left to grab. Thanks Amazon UK, I really need this mad approach on a work day! :-|

Come on, the sense of accomplishment of being able to secure PS5 stuff, must be better than the normal day job stuff :p

Back