Bloomberg on PS5 yields, orders, and price ranges [2020-09-14]

Don't like Sony way of communicate. I prefer a more transparent approach. Another reason to give MS my money this time. I find MS a more serious company.

Sony's first party studio content surely needs to be factored into the analysis prior to making comments like this...

Multi-billion dollar companies cannot have their strategy dictated by a bunch gobshites on the internet. If they tell everybody tonight that they'll release price and dates next week, it'll be fine. People were upset with Sony earlier in the year for staying quiet and yet that doesn't seem to have stopped interest in PS5 being greater than Xbox.

Lets just say I could not disagree more. 150 dolars for any extra BD player that adds very little to the console and its great value is to use our current games library, is just to much.
People can vote with the wallet. Microsoft digged a hole last gen due to that way of thinking.

Lets just say I could not disagree more. 150 dolars for any extra BD player that adds very little to the console and its great value is to use our current games library, is just to much. People can vote with the wallet. Microsoft digged a hole last gen due to that way of thinking.
I'm not quite understanding the 150 dollars thing? It's not about the cost of the drive, or even the licences for Blu-ray/4K licensing, it is that by removing the possibility of the user being able to insert a borrowed / second hand / cheap sale disc and having to buy through Sony, they get not only the licensing fee but also the retailer cut. Based on accepted attach rates Sony are almost guaranteed a certain predictable income. By including a drive I can buy discs cheap, pirate them, or swap/trade them - none of which bring in any income for Sony.

Back