Devil May Cry V [PS4, PS5, XO, XBSX|S, PC]

Special Edition coming digitally to XBSX and PS5 for $40. Those who own the original on PS4/XboxOne will be able to pick up the DLC for Vergil at some later date.

That big of a drop for ray tracing ? 4k to 1080p ?
It's for 60fps with ray tracing. Either 4K30 or 1080p60.
It is nice to see that it has enough power to do ray tracing at 4K for both light and reflection and this is only their first implementation
The interesting thing is that at the end it says available digitally at launch on PS5 and XsX. No mention of XsS. Whether they just forget to mention S, or they need more time to optimize it for S, or maybe not coming to S? Can someone ask them about?
*This post probably should be moved either to DMC or scalability thread

Curious to see the raytracing performances of ps5 vs XSX... I think the less RAM bandwidth of ps5 will be much visible vs XSX in raytracing extensive games .... I think Sony was better to invest in a wider RAM bus instead of the ultra fast SSD....

Devil May Cry 5 SE have 3 modes
4K 30fps with ray-tracing
1080P 60fps with ray-tracing
1080P 120fps without ray-tracing
and seems XbsS won't support ray-tracing

Has this been confirmed? That's not a good look at the start of new generation. I would have thought @ 1080p60 (or if not 1080p30) that the XBSS GPU would/should be quite capable.

It's for 60fps with ray tracing. Either 4K30 or 1080p60.
It is nice to see that it has enough power to do ray tracing at 4K for both light and reflection and this is only their first implementation
The interesting thing is that at the end it says available digitally at launch on PS5 and XsX. No mention of XsS. Whether they just forget to mention S, or they need more time to optimize it for S, or maybe not coming to S? Can someone ask them about?
*This post probably should be moved either to DMC or scalability thread

I have a feeling we may see a trend of raytracing features either just straight up not coming to the XSS or the games themselves not coming to the XSS. I understand that the console is meant to run games at a lower resolution but there’s a point when running these effects at half or quarter resolution makes the effect breakdown entirely and it becomes a nasty looking mess. I wouldn’t be surprised if XSS hit this wall regularly with raytracing.

Has this been confirmed? That's not a good look at the start of new generation. I would have thought @ 1080p60 (or if not 1080p30) that the XBSS GPU would/should be quite capable.

Or maybe just forgot to mention...

press release:
Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition will be launching digitally Day 1 on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S. We’re also working on a physical version, launching at a later date, and will be offering Vergil as paid DLC for Xbox One, PS4 and PC.

post about ray-tracing:
The world of #DevilMayCry 5 Special Edition is brought to life with the latest Ray Tracing technology, powered by PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X. #DMC5
1f608.png
https://bit.ly/DMC5SpecialEdition

Maybe Capcom is using special AMD ray tracing only available on PS5/XB SS|SX?

Didn’t they show off RT on their RE engine anyway? This is not a “technical” issue, it’s a business decision.

Maybe they’re focusing on consoles for now, with the PC version following at some point in the future.

Why Capcom is doing this is a mystery unto itself. The platformed that has pioneered real time ray tracing for 2 years... is not getting the game update to support real-time ray tracing. Why capcom? why?

Why? Because QA on PC is a bitch and they don't want to go through with it all over again just for what seems to be a quick fix on an older game.
Also, there's probably not a lot of AMD RT-capable graphics cards in the hands of developers at the moment and Capcom doesn't want this to be a RTX game.

Maybe posted already but this is cool! Capcom talking about DMC5 RT and a full comparison with the old version!
Yes here

Devil May Cry 5 SE have 3 modes
4K 30fps with ray-tracing
1080P 60fps with ray-tracing
1080P 120fps without ray-tracing
and seems XbsS won't support ray-tracing

And you being part of the discussion
DMC at 120fps - interesting. But those RT reflections looked very nice so I think the sacrifice may not be worth it at all.

Last edited:
Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition will support 4K resolution and 60 FPS framerate, but only with ray tracing turned off.
Oct 21, 2020
Hey folks,

I know there’s been concerns circulating across different threads with respect to resolution and frame rate for XSX and PS5.

Having checked with our DMC hype man Matt Walker, I can confirm that DMC5:SE will support 4K@60fps when RT is turned off.

To recap:
  • 4K/30fps with Ray Tracing ON
  • 1080p/60fps with Ray Tracing ON
  • 4K/60fps with Ray Tracing OFF
  • Up to 120fps with Ray Tracing OFF
That’s all I can share for now. Expect previews/reviews in the coming weeks. We’re only three weeks away from launch!
https://wccftech.com/devil-may-cry-5-special-edition-4k-ray-tracing/

Back