NextGen Games new $70 price point and paid upgrades? [2020-07]

MS needs call of duty to stay afloat. So I guess they had to bend
I love the Modern Warfare CoDs. And Advanced Warfare. Hell, I even liked Infinite Warfare with it's freeform approach to tackling missions. But with with Fortnite, Sea of Thieves, Grounded, Overwatch, State of Decay 2, is CoD still a dominating game on any platform, let alone Xbox!?! :runaway:

It used to be extremely popular in the bro-shooter camp but that was long ago, but I think it's been drastically replaced by Fortnite / PUBG / Apex. I think that's why they released the Free To Play COD game, just to keep gamers somewhat in their COD ecosystem, and make it easier to market to them their other games.

I love the Modern Warfare CoDs. And Advanced Warfare. Hell, I even liked Infinite Warfare with it's freeform approach to tackling missions. But with with Fortnite, Sea of Thieves, Grounded, Overwatch, State of Decay 2, is CoD still a dominating game on any platform, let alone Xbox!?! :runaway:
Yea I think so. lol. It may not be number 1 compared to the free 2 play options, but it's probably #1 in the paid category for FPS

Yup, say hello to recouping BOM losses...
  • Astro’s Playroom (Japan Studio) – pre-installed on PS5
  • Demon’s Souls (Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
  • Destruction All Stars (Lucid Games / XDEV) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Insomniac Games) – US$49.99/¥5,900/€59.99 (RRP)
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Mile Morales Ultimate Edition (Insomniac Games) – US$69.99/¥7,900/€79.99 (RRP)
  • Sackboy A Big Adventure (Sumo Digital / XDEV) – US$59.99/¥6,900/€69.99 (RRP)

All that for an additional publisher profit of $3 per sale?

Yeah, anything times millions is a lot. Its only when you look at it on the larger scale do you see how it all adds up.

This would have been such an easy win for Sony. Any development costs could have been treated as marketing, and they'd have been a drop in the ocean.

I would have been interested to download the digital copy of Spider-Man for which I paid £70, just to check it out and show off to friends. And Miles Morales was a strong contender for which launch game to get, but it isn't now. I will not be strong armed into making my £70 purchase a £90 one, and I refuse to accept the cheek of the only way to access that paid upgrade being through buying another fucking £50 game.

I'm sure it'll sell fine and turn a profit. But I'm not buying either. This kind of behaviour does not deserve remuneration.

I believe Activision has said it wants $10 more for next gen, Sony is onboard.

Has there been any pricing information from other publishers, Microsoft specifically.

I am all digital and whilst I multiregion shop like a globe trotting backpacker I do worry this will cause ripples we will all feel.

I believe Activision has said it wants $10 more for next gen, Sony is onboard.

Has there been any pricing information from other publishers, Microsoft specifically.

Game Pass Xbox and Game Pass Ultimate are still the same price despite them adding EA Play as a benefit this Holiday and a large number of Microsof's titles having free Optimized for Series X|S upgrade patches.

As I know ps4 COD versions doesn't work on ps5. A 5 euro payment for the ps5 version is needed. Do someone confirm this ?

I think he’s just doing: November 12 - September 28 = 45 days remaining till launch and nadda and it’s just real quiet on that front.

And that warrants just regurgitating or making up bollocks?

Cerny spoke about the way that PS4 BC was baked into the PS5 SoC. Sony later clarified the BC position as "the vast majority of PS4 titles will work." A Sony exec (I think Jim Ryan) recently stated that the PS5 is 99% backwards compatible with the PS4.

What else can they do to stop HBRU's concern trolling? Fly Ken Kuturagi over to his abode with a PS5 pre-loaded with every single PS4 game, play all of them like a QA tester, whilst spooning 16 core Jaguar CPU's into his mouth?

Pretty sure I read some convoluted upgrade path on some main stream site.

Basically $10 to upgrade your last gen version to next gen.

At no point did it say the old version won't work under BC, well unless you buy the disk and then a digital next gen console. BC is a platform level feature, I cannot see a publisher being able to alter it here where the consoles will be running with the unmodified original binaries.

The only gotcha is the Xbox One disk version has no upgrade path where the PS4 disk does.

And that warrants just regurgitating or making up bollocks?

Cerny spoke about the way that PS4 BC was baked into the PS5 SoC. Sony later clarified the BC position as "the vast majority of PS4 titles will work." A Sony exec (I think Jim Ryan) recently stated that the PS5 is 99% backwards compatible with the PS4.

What else can they do to stop HBRU's concern trolling? Fly Ken Kuturagi over to his abode with a PS5 pre-loaded with every single PS4 game, play all of them like a QA tester, whilst spooning 16 core Jaguar CPU's into his mouth?
Whoa don’t kill the messenger! I have him on ignore and I don’t see his quotes or his messages. I thought strange was referring to Nesh! LOL.
Well this is gonna be awkward

Ok no. Sorry. On ps5 it will run on ps4 mode till you pay 5 euro upgrade. It was read on other forums...

Back