Sony Playstation Gaming Showcase [2020-09-16]

As he was one shooting everything in his path, I was thinking, OK, he will reach a boss and die immediately...
So I guess, message received. :)

Graphically it looked amazing the animations need some work and it seemed to play pretty much how demon Souls played if I remember correctly. The instant loading was nice.
the foliage, geometry, fog and particle effects were really on point. Textures looking so good. The effects and lighting. They never take the camera away and I love that it still looks that good.

I did check and it's timed exclusive. Will definitely come to PC. Arriving to other consoles at a different time.

Player moved differently than normal player would.
Perhaps they didn't want to show one where player struggles and dies few times to minor enemies.

Actually. Now that I watched the 4K - but more importantly buttery smooth 60fps - video, it does look might fine and a little bit more “souls”.

Quite impressive detail all round and good shadows too, maybe that’s what they’re using RT for? They were very realistic and properly blurred like only RT shadows can be.

Also. And baby Jesus is my witness, now that everything has been revealed and that from now on we’ll only have to worry about the odd trailer here and there, I swear I will never again watch one of these fucking ridiculous low bitrate 1080/30 “Live” streams. As if 2020 wasn’t bad enough.

4K trailers only from now on. Thanks for listening.

Actually. Now that I watched the 4K - but more importantly buttery smooth 60fps - video, it does look might fine and a little bit more “souls”.

Quite impressive detail all round and good shadows too, maybe that’s what they’re using RT for? They were very realistic and properly blurred like only RT shadows can be.
yea, i watched this on shitty resolution on my laptop and it just felt good.
it was the most next gen thing on display imo that I saw at least from their showing today.

Demon souls, no idea what you all see in it, but il take it, looks best of all games shown so far, everyone says so :p Can't wait to see it on a 3090 or equal RDNA2 gpu.

there was a small bit of text that indicated PS Collection was a subscription fee. So I'm not sure if that works like that.
Hi, had a look. No subscription for PS Collection. Subscription is for PS Plus.

Also as I mentioned, it seems that you can download your entire collection on your PS5.

I guess we will need better clarification.

Attachments

• PS5_Collection_1.jpg
    PS5_Collection_1.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 10
  • PS5_Collection_2.jpg
    PS5_Collection_2.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 10
  • PS5_Collection_3.jpg
    PS5_Collection_3.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 10
Hi, had a look. No subscription for PS Collection. Subscription is for PS Plus.

Also as I mentioned, it seems that you can download your entire collection on your PS5.

I guess we will need better clarification.
Thanks that makes more sense. Hmm yea it’s not exactly clear then. Can anyone just uppity sign into PS+ and play all of those titles?

really? lol, I fucking loved it. I don't even like Souls games, I hate f**ked Dark Souls 3, I had to summon help for the final boss but you know if it looks like this, wow

I don’t know what got into me but I actually got the platinum on DS3.. and yet I hated/loved/hated almost every second of it. And I still kept going. I need help. Or punishment. [mention]DSoup [/mention]

Edit: on DS3 not PS3!

Last edited:
Oh now I get the PS Plus Collection. You can't have BC with the DE, I think this is a solution for these people.

I'm expecting the titles I bought digitally for ps4 to work also on ps5. Meaning, I actually didn't buy any games on disc for ps4.

I don’t know what got into me but I actually got the platinum on PS3.. and yet I hated/loved/hated almost every second of it. And I still kept going. I need help. Or punishment. [mention]DSoup [/mention]
It’s a game. With little to no cutscenes. It never removes you from the action so you just keep going. Only text to read as a story. No dialog, nothing to skip. Just go go go. That’s what makes it incredible. New game design can be such a slog.

Back