Sony Playstation Gaming Showcase [2020-09-16]

that was very disappointing :(
Demon Souls was incredible for me. Everything else fell for me. Not a big fan of cutscenes interrupting gameplay; you can have amazing cinematic moments using the player cam, and that's exactly what Demon Souls hits so well with here.

Price was great, we had so many hints it was 499/399 that, I was going in believing that would be the price. I'm glad they delivered.

PS Collection not really the answer to gamepass I was hoping it would be. But an answer for BC issues if you decide to jump in with the Digital Edition.

Well not if you have the disc version. Do you get a digital license with the disc?
Of course not. If you want to play PS4 discs, buy the full fat PS5 or do without. It's a choice.

But plenty of PS4 games are now super cheap from the PS Store.

Reactions: JPT
They dudnt say anything specific about BC and enhancements
I suppose they implied it would just run with the PS+ Collection. o_O Guessing the enhancements are akin to running boost (framerate & dynamic res).

So to me the price is good , $400/$500 is close to what I expected and I think for them they really needed to be right between MS in terms of pricing. I think the game line up of exclusives was pretty weak. It looks like this year is spiderman and next year is god of war ? or is 2021 just when they will show it ? I didn't see a date for demon souls either.

I think both companies are way to behind in showing off why we need these new consoles.

Once again I am happy in my choice of going pc only

It was such a weird gameplay snippet. Looked really boring! Especially for a Souls game. Just weird all around. It looks really good but I do worry that it didn’t feel like a Souls game at all.
really? lol, I fucking loved it. I don't even like Souls games, I hate f**ked Dark Souls 3, I had to summon help for the final boss but you know if it looks like this, wow

People dismiss/laugh @ Microsoft when they say that their main competition in the gaming market is now Apple, Google & Amazon (and to a lesser extend Nintendo followed by Sony). Sony is still selling/marketing the Playstation as a "old-school" console release while Microsoft is selling/marketing a service which optionally includes HW consoles.

Demon Souls Trailer was the best looking game I have ever seen - wow!

Reminds me of deep down and this project awakening that we never got :(

Well...sucking in the souls with a sound effect is maybe the best thing ever! The gameplay got me brutally hyped up...now I will be awake all night :D

really? lol, I fucking loved it. I don't even like Souls games, I hate f**ked Dark Souls 3, I had to summon help for the final boss but you know if it looks like this, wow

Graphically it looked amazing the animations need some work and it seemed to play pretty much how demon Souls played if I remember correctly. The instant loading was nice.

The price for the digital only console is fantastic and they must be taking quite a big loss on it. I wonder if there will be limited supplies of that version.

Back